Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can you spot the 'invisible animal'?

Still Waters

Whether they are hunters or the hunted, these cunning animals are all masters of disguise who can fool even the most beady-eyed passer by into believing they are not there.

Some hide under lily pads, some dissolve into the bark of a tree while others slip seamlessly into the snow, either to hide from a hungry predator or silently stalk an unwitting prey.

But the one thing from which they cannot hide is the all-seeing camera lens of photographer Art Wolfe.

http://www.dailymail...ators-near.html

Beautiful photos :)

• Like 4

Amazing! Some seemed to blend in better than others, but over-all, I'd say Mother Nature has camouflage down to a science. :)

I found all of them right away. No joke.

I don't think my eyes can perceive natural or man made camouflages.

Awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. The Ptarmigans were my favorite - how DO they stay so white?

I like how he got the Ptarmigan looking right at him. That looks rather cute. He must be pretty well camouflaged himself for the Giraffe to just look at him with mild curiousity.

Absolutely fantastic photos!

I couldn't actually identify the parrot.

The wolf was in tree's clothing.

And a leopard can change it's spots.

However I had no problem discerning the rest of them.

I could look at birds all day,camouflage or no camouflage.

The snipe was particularly eye-catching.

Edited by Medium Brown

I can't see the snipe. I looked where they said to look in the comments and see, perhaps, a striped head? with a long bill. Is that it?

The rest were pretty easy for me.

Edited by Purplos

I can't see the snipe. I looked where they said to look in the comments and see, perhaps, a striped head? with a long bill. Is that it?

The rest were pretty easy for me.

I thought it was one of the easiest to recognise.

That was fun.. took me awhile to spot the snipe. In this neck of the woods, if you come across a Mama partridge and her chicks, she will make a special sound and the chicks will scurry in every direction curling up in a leaf on the ground or diving under leaves and whatnot... they all completely DISAPPEAR in about one second!!!

Wow, great photos. It's nice to see animals photographed in a different way like this. I bet kids would really love looking through a book of these!

It took me the longest to see the snipe as well, but they all made smile. My favourite was the Owl against the tree trunk. :yes: