Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US calls for Piers Morgan deportation

acidhead

Why? are you more of a danger to society with three guns than you are with one?

At what point do you have enough guns that you snap and start shooting up the community?

A person should have as many as they see fit, as long as they are following the laws they are not the problem.

Very true. And as my dad pointed out to me during lunch, the second amendment is also in place to allow the regular citizen to protect himself from the government. He was reading from an article and if I can find it, I'll link it.

So you and my dad got me there, Amerika, my views changed on this, though personally I don't think I'll be fighting against a foreign military or my own government or my countries military, but I like that the clause is there. 'We the People' form this republic, not the government, it's there for the People.

Edited by Hasina

He just gave an honest opinion, which I know that so many ( most likely millions ) agree with or would agree...

I am not saying I agreed with him..to be honest, I am not sure ...On one hand I feel they should bare arms, the other I think without the guns, then it won't be as easy to kill ..It's a tough one for me personally ..Sometimes someone with the gun can be your deadliest enemy.. other times save your life

Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people in a fraction of the time it took the kid in CT.

A ban on weapons wouldnt have stopped him and it wont stop the nutjobs with evil intent in their minds.

Very true. And as my dad pointed out to me during lunch, the second amendment is also in place to allow the regular citizen to protect himself from the government. He was reading from an article and if I can find it, I'll link it.

So you and my dad got me there, Amerika, my views changed on this, though personally I don't think I'll be fighting against a foreign military or my own government or my countries military, but I like that the clause is there. 'We the People' form this republic, not the government, it's there for the People.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

This petition is certainly not a reflection of middle America. If you look at it, while they have enough signatures to force the government, themes that actually matter have many more signatures.

I could be wrong about this, but isn't the min amount of signatures -50,000 or more BEFORE the government will consider looking at it? That's not to say 50 thousand or more will get what they want

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Bam! Right there, yo, homie. That's one of the quotes my father had read to me, he's a big Jeffersonian Democrat.

• Like 1

he is dead wrong, he talks about overhauling gun laws, (wich i'm sure he does not know even 1\4 of. we already have 33000 gun laws, federal, state local... they didn't stop criminals commit crimes. what makes him think new ones will??also i'm sick of pll telling look at uk, germany...when uk and germany, has 300mil population, 250mil guns among them, crime stats like usa, and than fix all with laws and bans, i'll look at them, but for now, there is nothing to look at. they didn't fix anything, they haver had the problem in a first place, just like africa never had ice falling problem, :"hey not a single person in africa died from slipping on ice, or ice falling on their head, they must be doing something right.

sorry if i sounded rude.

No you didn't sound rude at all ..you were giving an honest opinion

I was reading somewhere ( just before Christmas ) about people thinking that if say IE Teachers were allowed to be armed, that must mean that if a teacher is having a bad day, he or she could go on and shoot the students that cheese them off.. I read it and thought what the heck? Talk about an assumption? .. I am sure many teachers in the US have guns, and I am sure many of them can easily bring one in IF they are royally cheesed off..

It seems that for so many, the very thoughts of arming people, must mean - shoot all around them if cheese off at others.. You can own up to 20 guns and never feel you need to shoot anyone .. I have a stack of sharp stake knifes, been arguing with the hubby a few times..saw red, but not once did I think Ohh look a knife, he's so gonna get it now !! It is too easy to assume all sorts may or may not happen in these cases ..

I know the gun is a much easier way to kill.. but it doesn't mean every person armed with guns will kill... BUT I also see the argument of those that want rid of the guns too.. This is a tough one..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Timothy McVeigh killed 168 people in a fraction of the time it took the kid in CT.

A ban on weapons wouldnt have stopped him and it wont stop the nutjobs with evil intent in their minds.

No it wouldn't.

No you didn't sound rude at all ..you were giving an honest opinion

I was reading somewhere ( just before Christmas ) about people thinking that if say IE Teachers were allowed to be armed, that must mean that if a teacher is having a bad day, he or she could go on and shoot the students that cheese them off.. I read it and thought what the heck? Talk about an assumption? .. I am sure many teachers in the US have guns, and I am sure many of them can easily bring one in IF they are royally cheesed off..

It seems that for so many, the very thoughts of arming people, must mean - shoot all around them if cheese off at others.. You can own up to 20 guns and never feel you need to shoot anyone .. I have a stack of sharp stake knifes, been arguing with the hubby a few times..saw red, but not once did I think Ohh look a knife, he's so gonna get it now !! It is too easy to assume all sorts may or may not happen in these cases ..

I know the gun is a much easier way to kill.. but it doesn't mean every person armed with guns will kill... BUT I also see the argument of those that want rid of the guns too.. This is a tough one..

i have a mixed feeling here.i know the only way to stop a person with a gun, is another person with a gun, but i would not want teachers armed.

1 they do get p***ed by students, true, 2 of my friends are teachers,

2 you have to train everyday to be efficient with a handgun, in reality it is not easy to hit something with a pistol, let alone revolver, traing is essential, i doubt teachers will want to do it, plus it takes time that they don't usualy have.

armed trained\guards, is a bit better option, but also not 100% reliable, colombine proved it, a sicko that want to shoot up school might kill him first, or find a way around him them.

honestly i don't see 100% reliable practical way to stop it. i doubt there is one. as long as there are ppl willing to commit crimes , they will happen, and we got plenty of such ppl, guns or not.

Edited by aztek

I could be wrong about this, but isn't the min amount of signatures -50,000 or more BEFORE the government will consider looking at it? That's not to say 50 thousand or more will get what they want

It may as well have 200,000 signatures but from what i can see,the White House seems to look at what it wants to see anyway..

i have a mixed feeling here.i know the only way to stop a person with a gun, is another person with a gun, but i would not want teachers armed.

I wasn't agreeing they should arm teachers.. My point was to say- It is a big assumption to claim that if they were armed, they will go ahead and shoot students that annoy them .. You have to admit, it is an assumption.. Further more, I think it is safe to say, many teachers already own guns, but they don't taken them into school and go to kill the first student that ticks them off ..How often do you hear of that happening?

On the other hand, I can see why so many would be against such an idea to arm them.. I don't think many parents would feel comfortable sending a child to school that was packed with guns .. It wouldn't feel right

armed trained\guards, is a bit better option, but also not 100% reliable, colombine proved it, a sicko that want to shoot up school might kill him first, or find a way around him them.

Well I do agree that seems like a much better option.. Although, I know of a few armed security guards over here ( N.Ireland ) who were meant to be guarding an army barracks ( In County Antrim ) The IRA pulled up behind the pizza delivery, 4 soldiers came out to collect their pizza, two where shot dead, two were seriously wounded.. The armed security guards? Hiding away from the gun men, they hid themselves inside the security hut..

So if they ever do send security to the school they had better hope that the security guards are willing to save the lives of teachers and students .. I reckon it would cost a bundle to have the schools throughout the USA with that line of security

Edited by Beckys_Mom

It may as well have 200,000 signatures but from what i can see,the White House seems to look at what it wants to see anyway..

Well I wouldn't think that any US president would want to ship a man out of their country for an opinion over guns ..It just wouldn't look good... The land of the free, free speech and so on...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Well, you see, you have all the right to praise the US of A... but if you point out the dark corners you are considered "unamerican"... most wish they could deport them all to Guyana.

maybe pitch in for some Kool Aid ... and maybe cookies.

I wasn't agreeing they should arm teachers.. My point was to say- It is a big assumption to claim that if they were armed, they will go ahead and shoot students that annoy them .. You have to admit, it is an assumption.. Further more, I think it is safe to say, many teachers already own guns, but they don't taken them into school and go to kill the first student that ticks them off ..How often do you hear of that happening?

i agree, it is assumption, never heard it happen, heard of teachers getting shot and stabbed by students. happend few times in nyc alone.

i agree, it is assumption, never heard it happen, heard of teachers getting shot and stabbed by students. happend few times in nyc alone.

Scary biscuits ..I would hate to have went to a school like that..

That happens where kids are taught or shown that violence is an adequate means for conflict resolution.

• Like 1

That happens where kids are taught or shown that violence is an adequate means for conflict resolution.

When I think of this, I think things must be really messed up if any kid feels he or she needs to bring weapons to school and use them

In saying that, I do however send my seven year old girl to karate lessons.. It's for protection later in life and it is good to keep her fit.. She loves it, but she has not once felt to use it to hurt anyone..If any kid does wrong, she just speaks to her teacher ....At that age they all run to a teacher lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

Where does it say that? It talks about "people".

Yes we the people, of the United States. How can the constitution of the United states protect someone who isnt part of the United states?

A foriegner cant come here and lawfully buy a gun. If they are not protected by the second amendment, why would we assume they would be protected by the first?

Edited by preacherman76

Like every day in Hollywood...oh I know, let's listen to our hypocrite celebrities. They're so cute and pretty...

snapback.pnglightly, on 28 December 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

maybe pitch in for some Kool Aid ... and maybe cookies.

I was thinking more in the lines of the French Devil's Island

right. I was thinking Rev. jim jones style Kool Aid. An attempt at humor... can't win em all! :blush:

snapback.pngquestionmark, on 28 December 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

seems we are all taught that violence is the right thing to do.. sometimes. ? I had a cop tell me once that " violence is never the answer" but , He was wearing a gun! .. i looked at it and said " I know "

Edited by lightly

Yes we the people, of the United States. How can the constitution of the United states protect someone who isnt part of the United states?

A foriegner cant come here and lawfully buy a gun. If they are not protected by the second amendment, why would we assume they would be protected by the first?

Americans don't own freedom of speech...

Edited by shaddow134

I thought those were rights given to you by the creator... Did he only give Americans those rights?

Americans don't own freedom of speech...

They do on American soil. If someone from another country cant come here as a guest and buy a gun, what makes you think they are protected by the constitution? Hell in many cases Americans are no longer protected by it.

They do on American soil. If someone from another country cant come here as a guest and buy a gun, what makes you think they are protected by the constitution? Hell in many cases Americans are no longer protected by it.

The constitution does not only protect Americans but everybody legally living on American soil.