Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient temple unearthed near Jerusalem

Saru

Archaeologists in Israel have discovered the remains of an ancient 2,750-year-old Judaean temple.

A group of Israeli archaeologists has discovered a 2,750-year-old temple and religious figurines at Tel Motza on the western outskirts of the capital, going back to the Judean period.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Impressive find. It will be interesting to see what artifacts can be recovered. Hopefully the political forces of the region will leave the scientists alone to do their research.

• Like 1

It fascinates me that 'religions' had this control of resources to be able to erect these monumental facilities at a time when people lived on dirt floors. It's as if organized religion was an emotional knee-jerk response to the cataclysm at the end of the ice age.

• Like 1

Amazing find, I wonder if anything they find will impact modern religions, ie Christianity. If they do, I'm pretty sure il Popa will have something to say about it... I can't wait to find out!

Was that Temple ever mentioned in the bible? I don't particularly recall reading about it? In which case it places a new twist on the book?

This was not a Jewish (religion) temple. the first temple was built by Solomon (David's son) on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem.

Edited by Twin

Wonder what else there is yet be discovered there.