Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2 members of PussyRiot in gulags

Simbi Laveau

Wow, 2 years for dissent in Siberia @ -60 degrees. Nikita Krushev would have whacked his shoe on Putin's desk in outrage if he was still alive.

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil

'***** Riot'.

This is a test. If you can't say '***** Riot'. Then this forum needs to be modified.

• Like 1

Kitty Cat. Feline. Puddy Tat. Okay that worked.

"What's New Pussycat"

What's new pussycat? Woah, Woah

Pussycat, Pussycat

I've got flowers

And lots of hours

To spend with you.

So go and powder your cute little pussycat nose!

Pussycat, Pussycat

I love you

Yes, I do!

You and your pussycat nose!

Pussycat, Pussycat

You're so thrilling

And I'm so willing

To care for you.

So go and make up your cute little pussycat face!

Pussycat, Pussycat

I love you

Yes, I do!

You and your pussycat face!

Pussycat, Pussycat

You're delicious

And if my wishes

Can all come true

I'll soon be kissing your sweet little pussycat lips!

Pussycat, Pussycat

I love you

Yes, I do!

You and your pussycat lips!

You and your pussycat eyes!

You and your pussycat nose!

• Like 1

Here's the problem, the band PussyRiot is (obviously) not an insult. However, other forms of this word are used to denote a wimpy person or female genitalia. The forum obscenity filter is not sophisticated enough to comprehend subtle differences in word usage. I hope this clears things up...just spell the band name without spacing.

• Like 2

I don't make up the names of the band's ma'am,I just report them being arrested .

^_^

Maria Alyokhina and Nadezhda Tolokonnikova.

May Amnesty International never forget them.

• Like 1

No, but you can go in a church, cuss at Putin even if he is not there, and that would be blasphemous since blasphemy, the world-over, is not going to use the strict defintion you provided. "Insulting people's religious sentiments" such as cussing in a church would be considered blasphemy in Russia.

Any more questions?

So anyone can invent whatever definition they would like or is convenient for any word they choose. This is dangerous and stupid when it involves legality and people being sent to prison. But I understand. Powerful people such as Putin don't need to follow the same rules as other people.

So anyone can invent whatever definition they would like or is convenient for any word they choose. This is dangerous and stupid when it involves legality and people being sent to prison. But I understand. Powerful people such as Putin don't need to follow the same rules as other people.

Only if it were so easy to blame Putin.

I am not for supporting the current situation but only understanding it. This is not about Putin specifically but about culture and society in Russia in general. Take Putin out and this will still be happening.

Over 80% of Russians support the harsher blasphemy laws there. When you have a whole society who support a different definition for blasphemy than the one you linked, which was not a legal definition btw, I just wanted to point out that not everyone is going to go with that.

As far as if Putin is evil or holy, attacking or defending him, that is boring to me man. Have fun I only want to understand more not pick sides (I support PussyRiot but that is not nearly as important or interesting to me than merely understanding the situation in total).

Edited by I believe you