Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Technology Controlled tornado engine could

ExpandMyMind

An engine designed to generate energy by creating a controlled tornado had been awarded enough funding to create a prototype.

The Atmospheric Vortex Engine (AVE) is the work of Canadian engineer, Louis Michaud, and aims to make use of waste heat energy to create a cheap and clean power source.

"The power in a tornado is undisputed," said Michaud. "My work has established the principles by which we can control and exploit that power to provide clean energy on an unprecedented scale. With the funding from Breakout Labs, we are building a prototype in partnership with Lambton College to demonstrate the feasibility and the safety of the atmospheric vortex engine."

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-12/27/atmospheric-vortex-engine

• Like 1

If they, scientists/inventors, keep it up we will be free from our dependence on oil someday. Just don't sell the rights to an oil company.

• Like 1

A classic weather tornado generates from the top-down, not from the bottom-up as how it is proposed here.

Seems risky to me. What if it "gets away"?

I would not be an insurance company even thinking about underwriting such a scheme, which would be required.

Don't these scientists know that the US government already has this?! And then used it to sucker punch itself in the face with hurricane Sandy... Wait, huh? Woah, sorry, was channeling some conspiracy theory signals through the fillings in my teeth.

• Like 1

A classic weather tornado generates from the top-down, not from the bottom-up as how it is proposed here.

Seems risky to me. What if it "gets away"?

I would not be an insurance company even thinking about underwriting such a scheme, which would be required.

I'm sure they would build a container strong enough to withstand the forces created by the proposed tornadoes.