Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My three strangest experiences, part 1.

Seattleite

Instead of being aggressive toward these doubles has anyone ever tried to communicate with them simply by asking "Why are you here and what can I do to help you?" More likely to receive a response with empathy and focusing thoughts more than the words .

You can't talk to them. They run. That was covered in post #1. And the only time any of us tried to chase them, they got hit by a car. We'd need something a bit more detailed and a bit less impromptu. Maybe get four people, position two in concealment at a good choke point, and have two more chase them into an ambush. Once you've got them pinned down, now try communicating. It'd be easier with my double, because he's still a child and won't be quite as overwhelmingly powerful. We should be able to hold him with two people long enough for him to get tired and stop struggling. Then, carry the little one back home and find a way to keep him there. Televise this as fast as humanly possibly to avoid a cover up and see what kind of information you can get out of the little one. But I can't get three more people to come try and catch an alien, so this idea won't work for me.

If it were me, I would be collecting blood samples. Since no one mainstream will believe the story,I would try - this is from something like a big foot , one of those kind of researchers would probably jump at the opportunity since it seems to be so popular today trying to discover DNA of those fabled creatures. You have to be tricky if you can't afford an independent analysis or even try a local veterinarian. If something unsual is found you will have people coming to you for further research, more then you ever bargained for!

Except for the circumstances. We're not scientists, we have no way to collect the samples and blood samples expire quickly. Other than getting the whole alien, we can't get a big enough sample to prove anything. Once again, catching my little doppleganger is the best thing we could do. (Unless we find another baby doppleganger. That'd be even better.)

The biggest mystery to me is why it is has not been publicly disclosed. There has to be a reason or an agenda behind it, either their's or ours. We are not the backward society, that religions, politics and our defense would fail if their existence were disclosed as it would have been at the time Truman discovered them.

A few quick theories.

1. All modern governments operate on a need to know basis, and believe that the public never needs to know. We already know this is true, and it explains their behaviour completely, but there are more things to add to this.
  2. It's easier to steal from somebody if nobody can prove it. You can take any tech you want from them, claim it to be your own and make a lot of money off it because it would be your copyrighted intellectual property and nobody else could use it. If people knew it was alien in origin, you couldn't copyright it and wouldn't make as much money.
  3. Look at the violence in these instances. This is easier to sweep under the rug if it is small scale and no humans are seriously injured. If it becomes open, it'll be a real problem. I can only imagine that from a diplomatic standpoint this is doubly true.
  4. We don't want to let them get a foothold, because white man's burden will come into play from at least one side if they do. Nobody wants to see a replay of the colonization of the americas with us as the natives, and nobody wants to see us trying to do the same to them. If they can't get a foothold, they aren't as likely to try and "reform" us. If nobody knows about them, then no matter what they do nobody will try and reform them.
  5. Think about what the government must do to aliens, if it has the option to do so. There's no way they're letting that go public. Especially if there are aliens like my doppleganger in their custody, because they would be really sympathetic. (Even without eyes, he still appears to be a little boy. And he's cute.)
  6. Religion still exists in this world, and abrahamic religions teach that man is the only intelligent life, the earth is ~9,000 years old and there's nothing beyond this world. The people who believe that garbage would never accept aliens as aliens. Look at what happened when my friend's second cousin found one on his property. Since it wasn't human and was clearly intelligent, he assumed it was a spawn of satan and killed it. This could happen on a much larger scale if it went public, a lot of aliens and possibly a lot of humans could die and it might even start a war. All because this planet still believes millenia old desert fables.
  7. Just being safe. It's easier to keep a secret until it needs to be released than to release information and then try to take it back if it turns out it'd be better off secret.

I am very sceptical but still open minded to the unknown since I have seen many things proved real that most people do not even guess exist. It really disturbs me if your experiences are real because that would really explain why the non disclosure policies in defense have been going on for decades. That is not the answer to my question that I wanted to find.

Why ask a question if you don't want to know the answer? Personally, there are very few things I don't want to know. I end up learning a lot that disturbs me (IE: The youngest mother in history was five years old. Really, look it up. Her name is Lina Medina.) but I never feel worse off for the experience and even if I did that would be no reason to stop.

And I'd seriously like to move on to events two and three. Should I stay in this thread of move to a new one?

You can't talk to them. They run. That was covered in post #1. And the only time any of us tried to chase them, they got hit by a car. We'd need something a bit more detailed and a bit less impromptu. Maybe get four people, position two in concealment at a good choke point, and have two more chase them into an ambush. Once you've got them pinned down, now try communicating. It'd be easier with my double, because he's still a child and won't be quite as overwhelmingly powerful. We should be able to hold him with two people long enough for him to get tired and stop struggling. Then, carry the little one back home and find a way to keep him there. Televise this as fast as humanly possibly to avoid a cover up and see what kind of information you can get out of the little one. But I can't get three more people to come try and catch an alien, so this idea won't work for me.

Except for the circumstances. We're not scientists, we have no way to collect the samples and blood samples expire quickly. Other than getting the whole alien, we can't get a big enough sample to prove anything. Once again, catching my little doppleganger is the best thing we could do. (Unless we find another baby doppleganger. That'd be even better.)

A few quick theories.

1. All modern governments operate on a need to know basis, and believe that the public never needs to know. We already know this is true, and it explains their behaviour completely, but there are more things to add to this.
  2. It's easier to steal from somebody if nobody can prove it. You can take any tech you want from them, claim it to be your own and make a lot of money off it because it would be your copyrighted intellectual property and nobody else could use it. If people knew it was alien in origin, you couldn't copyright it and wouldn't make as much money.
  3. Look at the violence in these instances. This is easier to sweep under the rug if it is small scale and no humans are seriously injured. If it becomes open, it'll be a real problem. I can only imagine that from a diplomatic standpoint this is doubly true.
  4. We don't want to let them get a foothold, because white man's burden will come into play from at least one side if they do. Nobody wants to see a replay of the colonization of the americas with us as the natives, and nobody wants to see us trying to do the same to them. If they can't get a foothold, they aren't as likely to try and "reform" us. If nobody knows about them, then no matter what they do nobody will try and reform them.
  5. Think about what the government must do to aliens, if it has the option to do so. There's no way they're letting that go public. Especially if there are aliens like my doppleganger in their custody, because they would be really sympathetic. (Even without eyes, he still appears to be a little boy. And he's cute.)
  6. Religion still exists in this world, and abrahamic religions teach that man is the only intelligent life, the earth is ~9,000 years old and there's nothing beyond this world. The people who believe that garbage would never accept aliens as aliens. Look at what happened when my friend's second cousin found one on his property. Since it wasn't human and was clearly intelligent, he assumed it was a spawn of satan and killed it. This could happen on a much larger scale if it went public, a lot of aliens and possibly a lot of humans could die and it might even start a war. All because this planet still believes millenia old desert fables.
  7. Just being safe. It's easier to keep a secret until it needs to be released than to release information and then try to take it back if it turns out it'd be better off secret.

Why ask a question if you don't want to know the answer? Personally, there are very few things I don't want to know. I end up learning a lot that disturbs me (IE: The youngest mother in history was five years old. Really, look it up. Her name is Lina Medina.) but I never feel worse off for the experience and even if I did that would be no reason to stop.

And I'd seriously like to move on to events two and three. Should I stay in this thread of move to a new one?

The answer I didn't want to find is that the BAD ones are still active here and manipulating.

Move the thread.

The answer I didn't want to find is that the BAD ones are still active here and manipulating.

Any aspect of human behaviour you feel compelled to explain through external manipulation is no less likely without it. Remember, never attribute to malice what is readily explained by stupidity.

Move the thread.

In progress. Fair warning: this next one is pretty silly, and I think there's a good chance that about 25% of it isn't true. I just can't tell what part of it is real and what is fake. Also, no obvious connection to this one. I'm going to propose a few theories right in the OP as well, most of which assume that a few details I clearly remember were incorrect.

Edited by Seattleite

Same clothing I wore, a white tank top and yellow shorts. (I was nine. I didn't buy the clothes.) Normal skin tone, same as me. Same blonde hair, same physique. Just the eye sockets were too dark to see his eyes despite the street lights, which was creepy. And his almost impossibly high speed freaked me out.

Yes, this makes me think it was a genuine case of a white-skinned entity. That's why you thought it looked just like you, because you were wearing white/light coloured clothing and you have blonde hair. I'll try to locate the superb Canada case. Here's one which is also similar:

It occurred in Croatia near the coastal city of Rijeka. The exact location was a small town near the Croatian-Slovenian border in 2001.

A group of kids, aged from 11 to 17 were hanging out at the local bus stop as usual. It was late in the afternoon, November. The bus stop and their town is situated near a very large, dense forest. Suddenly they heard noises coming from the woods. What came out was the most unusual thing they ever laid eyes on. It was a white creature, about 4 feet long (1.2 meters or so) and it was crawling on its hip, had no visible legs but on its "hands" had fairly long claws and it was moving sideways, dragging itself towards them screaming and making a LOT of noise. In spite it's weird way of moving it was very fast.

The kids, of course, were terrified. At first they couldn't believe their own eyes but they started running home quickly after the initial shock.

The sighting was reported in a local newspaper. Police and the county officers went to investigate since things like that DON'T happen around these parts. What they found were claw marks on a tree and on the spot where it crawled out from the woods onto the road a huge indentation was discovered as if the thing was very heavy. Also an unusual slimey substance was found on the tree along the claw marks. I don't know if it was ever analyzed.

The report also stated that some of the parents were at first of course very skeptical about what the kids were claiming but since their fear was genuine they had very little reason to doubt since fear like that can't be faked and the kids weren't prone to pranks of any kind. And they refused to stay out at night a long time after the even occurred.

The creature was seen in one woman’s back yard and she also reported hearing the strange sounds.

Dogs barked every night for a week after and the screaming could be heard coming from the woods some time after the sightings.

I went there for the first time in 2004. not knowing about these events. There is a great picnic area just behind the town on a river and I have a habit of printing interesting stories, newspaper reports and taking them with me on picnics so we can read them after we get tired of playing badminton or throwing ourselves after the unusually addictive frisbee, lol.

So after we got tired and sat down to eat I pulled out my papers and we started to read. That's when I first read the account and we all went WHOA! that happened HERE!!!

We went home that afternoon but came back about a week later. It turned out that one of the kids that saw the thing went to school with my bf's nephew. We talked to a few locals. Most were reluctant to talk about it as they didn't want the attention but they confirmed that it did in fact happen.

I still go there every summer since it's a great location to spend a summer's day afternoon but I haven't seen anything or heard anything unusual. Would I like to? Sure...haha, I think tongue.gif

I always have my digi cam with me just in case.

What was the creature? I have no idea. Maybe it was injured and was screaming in pain, hence the dragging.

Of course I can't know if the events did in fact happen but I have very little reason to doubt since it's not something that happens a lot, the people confirmed it did happen, police investigated and nobody made a big deal about it. People wanted to move on with their lives.

I'll let you know if I get an update tongue.gif

Yes, this makes me think it was a genuine case of a white-skinned entity. That's why you thought it looked just like you, because you were wearing white/light coloured clothing and you have blonde hair. I'll try to locate the superb Canada case. Here's one which is also similar:

A number of issues with that.

1. I am not pale, and my hair is not that light. Here's an image of me from around that period. (Ignore my hand and the girl staring at me. I was making suggestive hand gestures behind my back, I don't remember why.)
  2. My shorts were yellow and had one black and one white stripe running down each side. (As I said, I didn't pick it. It was just what I had.)
  3. The description doesn't match.

What came out was the most unusual thing they ever laid eyes on. It was a white creature, about 4 feet long (1.2 meters or so) and it was crawling on its hip, had no visible legs but on its "hands" had fairly long claws and it was moving sideways, dragging itself towards them screaming and making a LOT of noise. In spite it's weird way of moving it was very fast.

Yeah, this doesn't match. The size is about right, but as a human I am bipedal and so was my doppleganger. He had normal legs, no claws, and he didn't scream. The only noise he made was his breathing, his footsteps when he ran off and the impacts of his hands on the pavement when he tripped. And lastly, he ran away from me instead of dragging towards me. I know all of this quite well for the same reason I know he didn't have human eyes, I got close enough to touch him on the arm and he looked at me before he ran.

Edited by Seattleite

If you have a camera then why are you not trying to capture that moment and post it on this page !!!...

With a camera that can't get a clear shot in the daytime at close range?

• 3 months later...

A while ago I just did a series called "My Three Strangest Experiences" on this site. All of these stories have developed since my last posting, because after a few comments here I realized I hadn't done a thing to confirm them.

The original thread for this story may be found here.

Alright, about two months ago I started planning a trip down to the campsite in the second story, and I have been looking into which campsite it was. Then one day, I was sipping tea and listening to sad, nostalgic game music (Aerith's theme, at that moment) during a search when I noticed it was snowing. In March. In Washington. Yeah, that was weird, and anybody who lives in the area remembers it happening, but that's not the point. I went outside to watch the snow fall, when I saw him again. He was out in the cold, in those same clothes, and he looked freezing. He crawled into the dog house in my back yard, and I put my boots on to go help him. (I know, I know, he's a cryptid. But he's also a child, I couldn't leave him out there.) Well, when I went out there I got to the dog house before he noticed me. I tried to tell him I wanted to help him, but he kicked the top off the dog house and ran away. (Thankfully, it snaps right back in.)

About a week after this my grandparents left the house (I don't remember why) and the power went out. I attributed this to the wind, but I was seriously spooked anyway because not ten seconds after the power went out, there was a knock at the door. I answered the door, and there were a pair of young men standing outside, one about ten and one about fifteen. They had their hoods up, which was not weird with the rain being so heavy and it being at night, but just in case I closed the door behind me when I stepped out to talk to them. Our conversation was as follows:

Older boy: "Hello sir, we got stuck in the rain and we're cold. Can we come inside to warm up?"

Me: "No, you can't. But if you need to use the phone I can bring it to you."

Older boy: "Sir, we really want out of the rain. Can we please come in?"

Me: "No. There's a perfectly dry eave right here on the porch, you're already out of it."

Older boy: "Sir, please. We NEED inside."

Me: "No, you don't. Stay here, I'll get the phone."

Older boy: "Let us in. We CAN'T stay out here."

Me: "Yes, you can. And what's with you? You're quiet." I looked at the younger boy, who hadn't yet said a word. He still didn't.

Older boy: "He doesn't talk much. Are you going to let us in?"

Me: "No. No, I am not."

Older boy: "Why not? It's cold and it's raining."

At this point, his hand clenched into a fist. I took a step back, and glanced off to the side. I noticed my little doppelganger was behind my grandfather's truck, watching them. He looked at me, then back at them. The older boy turned towards him, and he hid back behind the truck. It was obvious he was hiding from them, not me.

Me: "Look me in the eye when I say this." He didn't even glance up. "I am NOT letting you in. I WILL get you a phone, but that's IT, and I want the phone BACK when you're done with it. If you ask me to let you in ONE MORE TIME, I am calling the police." At this point,.I got unusually frustrated by him refusing to look me in the eye and raised my voice even louder. "YOU are not LOOKING at me. I am TALKING to you. LOOK at me."

He kept his head down, but the younger boy looked up at me and I saw his eyes. Or rather, his lack thereof. I freaked and took a fast step back directly into my closed door. The older boy finally looked up and took a step forward, and I hit him as hard as I could. He hit the ground hard, and got back up. I'm no doctor, but I know what a depressed skull fracture looks like, and I just gave him one. He was still standing, and I noticed his blood was black. (In hindsight, all the blood of theirs I've seen was black. Didn't seem strange before, because blood turns black if left long enough, but it shouldn't be black right out of the bloodstream. He started to come at me again, and I spoke up.

Me: "You need to leave."

Older boy: "We don't want to."

Me: "I don't CARE what you want. LEAVE."

He turned and left. My little doppelganger circled the car as they passed it, hiding from them. He then proceeded to run off in the other direction, away from them.

I've seen him twice since then, and I believe he is currently living in the woods around my area. Both times, he appeared to be looking for something. I've seen those boys out as well, always in the same clothes, also looking for something. It seems pretty clear to me they are looking for him, and he really doesn't want to be found. I think they came to my house because I live there, and they wanted information on my little doppelganger. It seems strange they didn't try to force their way in, I already know from past experience that those things are almost absurdly strong. I still don't know what the little guy wants, though, or why they're after him.

Since then, I've become aware of a phenomenon known as "black-eyed children." They appear at people's houses or outside their cars and they ask for entry. They can't seem to enter unless permission is given. My account seems to match this, except for my little doppelganger, who I believe is related, but he flees from me instead of trying to enter my house and they appear to be looking for him.

Further, the other cases (the one my baby saw and chased, which was killed by a car, and the one killed on a farm) don't fit the bill either. Normally, black-eyed children are male, my baby's doppelganger wasn't. Also, they usually appear in pairs, with an older child and a younger one. Not the case in any of these incidents. Finally, although the internet is vague on what happens when you let them in, (sometimes nothing, sometimes you lose hours during their stay, sometimes you lose track of them in the house and you see them from time to time, sometimes they attack/rape/kill you, sometimes they just steal stuff and run off) in my case I'm pretty sure they wanted information on their little kinsman.

Edited by Seattleite

Your little doppelganger, so he looks like you I take it? There's an interesting take on doppelgangers in one of Charles Williams' novels, it's either "Descent into Hell" or "All Hallow's Eve", I can't remember which, but both are excellent novels. As far as the BEK's, there an interesting thread on them here in UM. Back in a minute, to see if I can provide you with a link.

Your little doppelganger, so he looks like you I take it? There's an interesting take on doppelgangers in one of Charles Williams' novels, it's either "Descent into Hell" or "All Hallow's Eve", I can't remember which, but both are excellent novels. As far as the BEK's, there an interesting thread on them here in UM. Back in a minute, to see if I can provide you with a link.

He looks like me at the moment I met him. Follow my first link, it explains it and provides a picture of me from around the same time. He's always wearing yellow shorts with black and white stripes on the sides, and a white shirt. He has either jet black or no eyes, just like the kids looking for him. (Never can tell when I see him.)

Also, I normally love children. I would never do anything to harm them. Hitting the older kid wasn't strange because he's old enough I see him as an adult, but I felt an overwhelming urge to plunge a sword into them when I was talking to them. I kept thinking of where my sword was, and the quickest route to it. There was something WRONG about them. I was terrified of them, and I needed a weapon. I was afraid they would attack me, and I not only needed to defend myself I WANTED to kill them. When I realized I had seriously wanted to kill them, I felt sicker than I had ever felt in my life.

Edited by Seattleite
  • Like 1

Well that's sure not an experience I would want. Here's the link if I can get it to work, my computer is acting a little weird:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=237730&hl= black eyed kids&st=0

I'm sure you could have found it on your own. As far as your other thread, it's rather late tonight and I need to be getting to sleep, but I'll try and look at it tomorrow! Ciao!

Well that's sure not an experience I would want. Here's the link if I can get it to work, my computer is acting a little weird:

http://www.unexplain... eyed kids&st=0

I'm sure you could have found it on your own. As far as your other thread, it's rather late tonight and I need to be getting to sleep, but I'll try and look at it tomorrow! Ciao!

There's an issue there. There seems to be a common consensus there that this is a hoax. What I saw was NOT fake. I saw my own doppelganger beforehand, I heard about all of those stories before I knew about the phenomenon. I didn't know about the phenomenon until today, that's why I'm posting now. And I know they weren't just kids with black contact lenses, either. Their eyes weren't just black, they looked like they weren't there. And he got back up after I gave him a depressed skull fracture. (Layman's terms: I caved in his skull.) Alright, I know some people get back up from those, but it's not common and this was a big one. It seems unlikely he'd still be conscious after that hit, let alone able to stand and keep moving. Further, TWO of these black-eyes have been killed and in both cases there was plenty of evidence of them but their bodies vanished before new witnesses could arrive. There was blood, bits of bone and bits of flesh I can only assume was blood-stained brain matter, that kind of thing. That's pretty convincing in my book.

Edited by Seattleite
  • Like 1

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that the BEK's aren't real, but I thought the thread I linked to just had more information on them that might be useful. For myself, although I'm not 100% convinced of their existence, I'm far from being a skeptic, either, because there's just too much weird stuff out there for it all to be made up (lol). I mean too many credible witnesses who would have nothing to gain and much to lose by concocting "crazy stories". Anyway, that's digressing a bit. Besides, I've seen some weird stuff myself although I know part of it is just the product of a tired brain (although not all I believe).

Anyway, I just wanted to comment as an aside, you must have a pretty mean blow to fracture a skull bare-handed! I'm pretty sure I could not do it...unless those kids' skulls are like, potato-chip thin. Not doubting your ability, just a little surprised.

edit to correct usual brain fade

Edited by Gummug

I re-read your post and I just had a new thought: Has anyone ever collected the samples of blood or bone or anything that was left after the bodies disappeared? I was just curious about that. And I fully agree with you about doppelgangers, how could I not believe when even Charles Williams talked about them? (He was a friend of C. S. Lewis.) All I can say is, from what I've heard, I just hope and pray I NEVER meet one of those BEK's but somehow I don't think I will, thank God, and I really do mean thank God!

edit 'cuz my computer's doin' weird stuff

edit for clarity: I mean collected in order to analyze it? I think the analysis, if done, would provide some interesting hooplah.

Edited by Gummug

I re-read your post and I just had a new thought: Has anyone ever collected the samples of blood or bone or anything that was left after the bodies disappeared?

You know what, I don't know. The one that died here, I know they didn't. The one out in Hicksville, they probably did because they thought it was a murder (which it was) and would at least keep samples.

I was just curious about that. And I fully agree with you about doppelgangers, how could I not believe when even Charles Williams talked about them? (He was a friend of C. S. Lewis.) All I can say is, from what I've heard, I just hope and pray I NEVER meet one of those BEK's but somehow I don't think I will, thank God, and I really do mean thank God!

edit 'cuz my computer's doin' weird stuff

edit for clarity: I mean collected in order to analyze it? I think the analysis, if done, would provide some interesting hooplah.

I can't make heads or tails of any of this.

Sorry, I wasn't trying to imply that the BEK's aren't real, but I thought the thread I linked to just had more information on them that might be useful. For myself, although I'm not 100% convinced of their existence, I'm far from being a skeptic, either, because there's just too much weird stuff out there for it all to be made up (lol). I mean too many credible witnesses who would have nothing to gain and much to lose by concocting "crazy stories". Anyway, that's digressing a bit. Besides, I've seen some weird stuff myself although I know part of it is just the product of a tired brain (although not all I believe).

All right, that's settled. Digression over.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment as an aside, you must have a pretty mean blow to fracture a skull bare-handed! I'm pretty sure I could not do it...unless those kids' skulls are like, potato-chip thin. Not doubting your ability, just a little surprised.

edit to correct usual brain fade

Uh, wrong. First off, if a punch isn't pulled (and every punch you're going to take outside of life or death experiences is) it deals a great deal of damage. Breaking bones isn't even impressive. They can also easily tear muscles or rupture organs, and it's not strange for them to turn fatal. Further, I was panicked. Take normal strength and multiply it by 5, just for that. Lastly, I used to be a member of a fight club, and I was pretty good at it. (They used me as an ego-buster for the newbies. My job was to beat up fight arrogant first-timers.) So although it's been years since I've been in a fight (this doesn't count, one punch isn't a fight) I can still throw a good punch.

If there's anything unusual there, it's that I didn't do more damage than I did. When I threw that punch, I expected it to kill him. He shouldn't have a frontal lobe anymore. The fact that he does means either I lost my punch or he's made of sterner stuff than most.

Edited by Seattleite
  • Like 1

I can't make heads or tails of any of this.

I just meant, I believe you have a doppelganger, and BEK (Black Eyed Kid) I sure hope I never meet one! That's pretty much all I was trying to say. :)

All right, that's settled. Digression over.

Uh, wrong. First off, if a punch isn't pulled (and every punch you're going to take outside of life or death experiences is) it deals a great deal of damage. Breaking bones isn't even impressive. They can also easily tear muscles or rupture organs, and it's not strange for them to turn fatal. Further, I was panicked. Take normal strength and multiply it by 5, just for that. Lastly, I used to be a member of a fight club, and I was pretty good at it. (They used me as an ego-buster for the newbies. My job was to beat up fight arrogant first-timers.) So although it's been years since I've been in a fight (this doesn't count, one punch isn't a fight) I can still throw a good punch.

If there's anything unusual there, it's that I didn't do more damage than I did. When I threw that punch, I expected it to kill him. He shouldn't have a frontal lobe anymore. The fact that he does means either I lost my punch or he's made of sterner stuff than most.

Whoa, man, I really didn't know that! And I mean it, I'm not being sarcastic. I guess I've lived a sheltered life. I know I have heard of (and it's happened here in my home city too) people will get in a fight at a bar, and one guy will hit another and kill him. It has happened. I guess I just never knew a fist could break a bone that easily, I mean it wouldn't surprise me for someone like Bruce Lee, or someone who had years of training in boxing or martial arts, but you mean just a regular guy can do it? Again, I'm not doubting you necessarily because you obviously have more experience than me, it just surprised me.

Whoa, man, I really didn't know that! And I mean it, I'm not being sarcastic. I guess I've lived a sheltered life. I know I have heard of (and it's happened here in my home city too) people will get in a fight at a bar, and one guy will hit another and kill him. It has happened. I guess I just never knew a fist could break a bone that easily, I mean it wouldn't surprise me for someone like Bruce Lee, or someone who had years of training in boxing or martial arts, but you mean just a regular guy can do it? Again, I'm not doubting you necessarily because you obviously have more experience than me, it just surprised me.

It's alright. Even doctors, who really aught to know better, get this wrong sometimes. I used to know a trauma surgeon, (he was my friend's father) and he once thought the wounds one of his patients received in a bar fight were made by a sledgehammer. It's surprising to see them do so much damage if you aren't used to it. And look at the results in the professional world as well. Do you know why Mike Tyson's punches were so much harder than anyone else's? Why he put down some of the toughest boxers in the world in the first round, and his opponents were always hurt so much worse than losers of any other matches? He didn't pull his punches, he suppressed the reflex to do so. His fights ended so fast because he followed through on his hits and tried to punch "through" his targets.

Edited by Seattleite
  • Like 1

That's interesting I sure didn't know that. Man some of these people who go to bars looking for fights just don't know what they are getting into. Some of them might go to a bar looking for a fight and come home in a box. :(

That's interesting I sure didn't know that. Man some of these people who go to bars looking for fights just don't know what they are getting into. Some of them might go to a bar looking for a fight and come home in a box. :(

It's strange. It used to be more common to make friends than corpses in bar fights. Now, it's like people are just out for blood.

Edited by Seattleite
  • Like 1

It's strange. It used to be more common to make friends than corpses in bar fights. Now, it's like people are just out for blood.

It's very sad and horrible, really. There's another thread, I think it's in U.S. Politics, where the OP talks about how a man was murdered in an internet cafe and the other gamers didn't lift a finger to help. I hope and pray I would never have that degree of indifference....because I really do believe one day we will be called into account for our actions (or lack thereof). If you're interested (don't blame you if you're not, it's a depressing read) you can find the thread, or I'll find the link for you. Anyway, it makes me feel like, 'may God have mercy on us all'. And I mean that!

edited to add: you must be a night owl, like unto me, lol

Edited by Gummug

It's very sad and horrible, really. There's another thread, I think it's in U.S. Politics, where the OP talks about how a man was murdered in an internet cafe and the other gamers didn't lift a finger to help. I hope and pray I would never have that degree of indifference....because I really do believe one day we will be called into account for our actions (or lack thereof). If you're interested (don't blame you if you're not, it's a depressing read) you can find the thread, or I'll find the link for you. Anyway, it makes me feel like, 'may God have mercy on us all'. And I mean that!

Not interested.Sick to death of politics, and I hate religion with a flaming passion. I know both are going to be rampant in such a thread.

edited to add: you must be a night owl, like unto me, lol

I am a night owl, which makes it difficult on me, since my classes start at 9:30.

• Like 1

Not interested.Sick to death of politics, and I hate religion with a flaming passion. I know both are going to be rampant in such a thread.

I am a night owl, which makes it difficult on me, since my classes start at 9:30.

Hope you make it to class alright. Sounds like maybe you might need lotsa coffee, but I don't know if you are a coffee drinker.

Well, I guess there's a reason they say never discuss religion or politics...

I hope your day goes well tomorrow and that you can get some good grades! I'm signing off now, gonna catch up at chess.com and then hopefully get some shut-eye. Ciao! :)

Hope you make it to class alright. Sounds like maybe you might need lotsa coffee, but I don't know if you are a coffee drinker.

Yes. Oh hell yes. I'm brewing a fresh pot right now.

• Like 1

Is there life before coffee? Lol.