Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
Still Waters

Deathbed maths theory dream proved correct

7 posts in this topic

Researchers have finally solved the cryptic deathbed puzzle renowned Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan claimed came to him in dreams.

While on his death-bed in 1920, Ramanujan wrote a letter to his mentor, English mathematician G. H. Hardy, outlining several new mathematical functions never before heard of, along with a hunch about how they worked,

Decades years later, researchers say they've proved he was right - and that the formula could explain the behaviour of black holes.

http://www.dailymail...years-died.html

I heard about this a few years ago. Makes you wonder about the spiritual world and it's ability to influence ours.

1 person likes this

I heard about this a few years ago. Makes you wonder about the spiritual world and it's ability to influence ours.

He thought it came from a goddess, but it came from his own mind. Humans are capable of a lot without any need for spiritual explanations!

1 person likes this

He thought it came from a goddess, but it came from his own mind. Humans are capable of a lot without any need for spiritual explanations!

Indeed. It had probably been rolling around his subconscious for years.

1 person likes this

Humans are capable of a lot without any need for spiritual explanations!

Yet completely shunning the possibility of spiritual influence can also be considered to have just as much folly.

I can't tell you how many strange things can happen during the final hours of life. My own grandfather who was nearly deaf for decades could easily hear and and respond to whispering discussions made on the other side of the house in the other room. Discussions that would be impossible for a normal person's hearing to detect. Even Anton Lavey, the founder of of the church of Satan fought vigorously in his last few hours shouting "Something's wrong, what have I done?" and many other incidences on death beds.

I'm not saying this Indian mathemetician was spiritually influenced, I'm saying to instantly deny the possibility of it is wrong.

1 person likes this

Yet completely shunning the possibility of spiritual influence can also be considered to have just as much folly.

I can't tell you how many strange things can happen during the final hours of life. My own grandfather who was nearly deaf for decades could easily hear and and respond to whispering discussions made on the other side of the house in the other room. Discussions that would be impossible for a normal person's hearing to detect. Even Anton Lavey, the founder of of the church of Satan fought vigorously in his last few hours shouting "Something's wrong, what have I done?" and many other incidences on death beds.

I'm not saying this Indian mathemetician was spiritually influenced, I'm saying to instantly deny the possibility of it is wrong.

I would have to respectfully disagree, 90% of spiritual encounters are just natural events misunderstood, so if he feels its okay to dismiss the last 10% then I can't blame him. That event with your grandfather was amazing through, and brings up several questions about the nature of death. As for Levey I find it unlikely that he had any real regrets seeing as how he was a devout atheist

Even Anton Lavey, the founder of of the church of Satan fought vigorously in his last few hours shouting "Something's wrong, what have I done?" and many other incidences on death beds.

Because angels came to him ;-)

Nah im open to the spiritual world, I belive there are more in this world than we can imagine. But thats my opinion, and there is one way to find out, but im in no hurry. :tu: