Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
karkev

I have?/had? "something" in my home

4 posts in this topic

Friends, it's good to speak to you again. I posted a few times in the Walson hospital/Fort Dix thread.

Since my posts in that thread, I have divorced and remarried. before our marriage my wife resided in an older trailer owned by her family for a number of years. the trailer is adjacent to her parents' home which is a semi-unusual cinder block 1930s affair with a basement. Basements themselves are pretty uncommon affair in Oklahoma. I'm not sure why they are uncommon but they just are here.

Within the hallways of the conventional house the spirit of a little girl is seen and heard. A family member describes her as "dressed in 1950s clothes". my wife has never seen her but has heard her giggle and describes her as "imp-ish" but not a threat.

In the trailer, there is (was?) something a bit more menacing. my wife, her sister and her sister's family have all lived in the trailer at different times and all have described "something" that makes it's presence known at three a.m. Heavy footseps will be heard in the hall every night and my wife's infant nephew was often awoken and would scream at night he lived there, usually at three a.m. My wife once tacked a sheet up between her bedroom as sort of barrier against a cold north wind. That night she awoke to the heavy footsteps and the sheet stretching tight and relaxing in the door frame.

Fast forward a bit and the new wife moves into my home which I had previously shared for six years with my first wife. Shortly after the new wife moved in she mentioned that she felt as though she was being "chased out" of our house every morning after I left. She also noticed that her welding hoods would always be in the floor when she went to grab one off the wall as she headed out to work.

One evening she went to go see a friend and I stayed behind to bathe. While I was in the tub, I heard very heavy footsteps in the hallway, got dressed and went to investigate. I found nothing. This was about eight o'clock at night.

A few days later she and I went to visit some friends after deciding we just really needed to get out of the house for awhile. We had a pleasant visit with the friends, made no mention of our troubles and left. The next day the couple called to invite us to a BBQ and casually mentioned that they had a bit of "spirit" trouble last night. They said that some force had been annoying more than scary with the culmination of the event being knocking along the wall of the hallway between the kitchen, bathroom and some bedrooms. When we shared our experience, the wife of the couple (who is pagan btw) remarked that it wasn't our fault and that sometimes these creatures just attach themselves to people. These folks have not had any trouble since BTW.

In the interim we have had the following:

I lost my wallet for a week. It appeared on the floor by my side of the bed with nothing missing after seven days.

Our German shepherd blocked the door to our bedroom, bristled and barked savagely at some unseen something in our bedroom in broad daylight at damned near the exact spot where I found my wallet.

Some books that have set untouched on a book case in our room for eight years fell onto the floor waking me from a dead sleep at three a.m.

A tortoise shell cat named Zoe, given to us by the pagan lady, would run in and out of our bedroom as though she were chasing something. Zoe would spend hours crouching in our bedroom closet and would occassionaly pounce on something that only she could see.

We awoke in the middle of a cold night, freezing, to find our covers pulled back rather neatly to the foot of our bed. The time on the clock was 3:05.

Three days before Christmas our ornaments began "jumping" off our tree. This was observed by my wife and I so often that we became immune to it. They would pop off like popcorn.

At three am on Christmas Eve morning of 2012, I was awoken in our freezing bed room by our pomeranian, Toodles, barking in sheer terror in our living room. As I started to get up, my wife wife awoke and said, "Honey! Something cold is touching my face!". "Something" turned out to be our young orange and white male tabby, Li'l Bit. He was gently tapping my wife on her cheek with his cold paw pads as though he were trying to awaken her. As I rose to check on Toodles I saw Zoe slip silent as a ghost from under our bed and into a hallway as though in pursuit of something only she could see. When I finally reached Toodles I found out front door wide open and locked.

I spoke out loud and said, "Whatever you are I am not scared and you are not welcome here." The wife and I were fully awake now and annoyed but not scared. We got dressed and went and had an early breakfast followed by last minute Christmas shopping. We have had no incidents since.

Edited by karkev

Friends, it's good to speak to you again. I posted a few times in the Walson hospital/Fort Dix thread.

Since my posts in that thread, I have divorced and remarried. before our marriage my wife resided in an older trailer owned by her family for a number of years. the trailer is adjacent to her parents' home which is a semi-unusual cinder block 1930s affair with a basement. Basements themselves are pretty uncommon affair in Oklahoma. I'm not sure why they are uncommon but they just are here.

Within the hallways of the conventional house the spirit of a little girl is seen and heard. A family member describes her as "dressed in 1950s clothes". my wife has never seen her but has heard her giggle and describes her as "imp-ish" but not a threat.

In the trailer, there is (was?) something a bit more menacing. my wife, her sister and her sister's family have all lived in the trailer at different times all have described "something" that makes it's presence known at three a.m. Heavy footseps will be heard in the hall every night and my wife's infant nephew was often awoken and would scream at night he lived there, at three a.m. My wife once tacked a sheet up between her bedroom as sort of barrier against a cold north wind. That night she awoke to the heavy footsteps and the sheet stretching tight and relaxing in the door frame.

Fast forward a bit and the new wife moves into my home which I had previously shared for six years with my first wife. Shortly after the new wife moved in she mentioned that she felt as though she was being "chased out" of our house every morning after I left. She also noticed that her welding hoods would always be in the floor when she went to grab one off the wall as she headed out to work.

One evening she went to go see a friend and I stayed behind to bathe. While I was in the tub, I heard very heavy footsteps in the hallway, got dressed and went to investigate. I found nothing. This was about eight o'clock at night.

A few days later she and I went to visit some friends after deciding we just really needed to get out of the house for awhile. We had a pleasant visit with the friends, made no mention of our troubles and left. The next day the couple called to invite us to a BBQ and casually mentioned that they had a bit of "spirit" trouble last night. They said that some force had been annoying more than scary with the culmination of the event being knocking along the wall of the hallway between the kitchen, bathroom and some bedrooms. When we shared our experience, the wife of the couple (who is pagan btw) remarked that it wasn't our fault and that sometimes these creatures just attach themselves to people. These folks have not had any trouble since BTW.

In the interim we have had the following:

I lost my wallet for a week. It appeared on the floor by my side of the bed with nothing missing after seven days.

Our German shepherd blocked the door to our bedroom, bristled and barked savagely at some unseen something in our bedroom in broad daylight at damned near the exact spot where I found my wallet.

Some books that have set untouched on a book case in our room for eight years fell onto the floor waking me from a dead sleep at three a.m.

A tortoise shell cat named Zoe, given to us by the pagan lady, would run in and out of our bedroom as though she were chasing something. Zoe would spend hours crouching in our bedroom closet and would occassionaly pounce on something that only she could see.

We awoke in the middle of a cold night, freezing, to find our covers pulled back rather neatly to the foot of our bed. The time on the clock was 3:05.

Three days before Christmas our ornaments began "jumping" off our tree. This was observed by my wife and I so often that we became immune to it. They would pop off like popcorn.

At three am on Christmas Eve morning of 2012, I was awoken in our freezing our pomeranian, Toodles, barking in sheer terror in our living room. As I started to get up, my wife wife awoke and said, "Honey! Something cold is touching my face!". "Something" turned out to be our young orange and white male tabby, Li'l Bit. He was gently tapping my wife on her cheek with his cold paw pads as though he were trying to awaken her. As I rose to check on Toodles I saw slip Zoe silent as a ghost from under our bed and into a hallway as though in pursuit of something only she could see. When I finally reached Toodles I found out front door wide open and locked.

I spoke out loud and said, "Whatever you are I am not scared and you are not welcome here." The wife and I were fully awake now and annoyed but not scared. We got dressed and went and had an early breakfast followed by last minute Christmas shopping. We have had no incidents since.

Who you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!!!!!!!!! i luv dat show :clap:

Interesting .

My cats have played with them in the past .

Just keep telling it to leave ,and when things disappear,ask right away,aloud ,for it to be put back .

It's playing with you .

That is a fascinating and I'm sure stressful series of events you have there, thank you for informing us of such impressive activity. As Simbi said, telling it that it is your home and you will not be unsettled by this entity is the best way to go about it unless things get worse. I can not even imagine how frustrating it must be, hope it tones down and you both stay safe and have a little peace!