Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Church of Scientology to be charged

glorybebe

Between this and the petition to call Westboro Baptist Church a hate group, maybe humans are waking up a little. Maybe...

We can hope. Just because the tack on the word 'Church' doesn't necessarily mean it is one.

i think that churches should not be allowed special consideration in any case. if the beliefs of the church go against human rights then they should not be allowed to practice it.

they should also have to pay taxes like everyone else. if they start giving all the money they earn to god specifically then that's a different story.

• Like 1

I personally knew a guy who quit and had to go into hiding so that they would stop harrassing him. There was a story in The Province newspaper a few years ago in which former Scientologists claimed to have received death threats because they quit. The reporter that was investigating Tom Cruise suddenly died in an accident....there are a lot of accusations against this organization. Never mind the deaths at it's members hands while they were 'treating' people.

I never knew this part. I think its time for the wiccans to teach them a lesson....

i love to hate scientologists.

i will not watch a movie that stars anyone that i know is a scientologist. that includes tom cruise, john travolta, kirstie alley, juliette lewis, etc...

there is no way that one cent of my money will ever go to anyone that i know is involved with scientology

I can't stand half those people... Acting wise, anyway. Tom cruise being the worst. If anyone had ever read a Jack Reacher novel, they Won't go to see tom in the new movie...talk about bad casting. His scientology faction probably got him the job.

I heard that Scientology is illegal in Germany - don't know if this is still true.

My advise is to run like hell if you see these people. But Lava_Lady's experience tells me they don't always reveal who they are at first.

first throw rocks, then run like hell :innocent:

I can't stand half those people... Acting wise, anyway. Tom cruise being the worst. If anyone had ever read a Jack Reacher novel, they Won't go to see tom in the new movie...talk about bad casting. His scientology faction probably got him the job.

did you ever see that scientology movie john travolta was in? Battlefield Earth...omg it was so bad! no i didn't watch it in its entirety. as soon as i caught wind of the propaganda i shut it off.

here's a quote from wikipedia

"Battlefield Earth was released on May 12, 2000. The film was a major commercial failure and critical flop and has been widely acknowledged as being one of the worst films ever made.[5][6]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Earth_(film)

I never knew this part. I think its time for the wiccans to teach them a lesson....

The more that you read about them, the more that you will find out how scary they are. And some of the practices are just wacked. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Lisa_McPherson just one death that they contributed to.

• Like 1

Nancy Cartwright(voice of Bart Simpson) is also in the CO$. Celebrities are treated very differently than common folk in the CO$.

Nancy Cartwright(voice of Bart Simpson) is also in the CO$. Celebrities are treated very differently than common folk in the CO$.

I know! That really irks me!

did you ever see that scientology movie john travolta was in? Battlefield Earth...omg it was so bad! no i didn't watch it in its entirety. as soon as i caught wind of the propaganda i shut it off.

here's a quote from wikipedia

"Battlefield Earth was released on May 12, 2000. The film was a major commercial failure and critical flop and has been widely acknowledged as being one of the worst films ever made.[5][6]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Earth_(film)

LMAO!! I remember that movie! Reluctantly, though, you're right it was awful...awful stupid too. I loved Travolta when he was a sweat hog, but much like cruise, he's just getting crazier as he gets older.

• Like 1

I loved the book battlefield earth but the movie.. oh gods.. I really really want that 60 minutes of my life back.. I could not watch the full thing..

COS = Church of Scientology

• Like 1

I loved the book battlefield earth but the movie.. oh gods.. I really really want that 60 minutes of my life back.. I could not watch the full thing..

frankly i was embarrassed for john 'revolta' - even though he isn't a great actor by any standards, he certainly wouldn't have won any awards with his performance in that movie lol

• Like 1

Ahhh...thank you. Seems obvious now. Lol

The CO$ has more holes than swiss cheese. :alien:

and more nuts than a snickers bar

So true! I really question the intelligence of people who follow this cult.

Well, I for one do not believe at all in Scientology. Although, I will respect other's belief in it, for it is their right, as I want others to respect my right to my belief, or lack there of. Anyways, I do read the Lee Child 'Jack Reacher' novels, and you are on the money with your remark. I will not see it. Despite the fact, it dropped the particular novel's original title, that the movie is taking it from, that book has Jack Reacher's six foot height as part of the plot, and Tom Cruise does not, excuse the pun, measure up to Jack Reacher. I have my pick's who could play Reacher, Cruise would be my last pick, or no pick at all. As for him getting the part, I wonder about that too. Nevertheless, I will not see the film because of this. I am a bookseller, and I get the same feelings from customers who are also fans of the Lee Child's books. His scientology does not play into our feelings in this.

Well, I for one do not believe at all in Scientology. Although, I will respect other's belief in it, for it is their right, as I want others to respect my right to my belief, or lack there of. Anyways, I do read the Lee Child 'Jack Reacher' novels, and you are on the money with your remark. I will not see it. Despite the fact, it dropped the particular novel's original title, that the movie is taking it from, that book has Jack Reacher's six foot height as part of the plot, and Tom Cruise does not, excuse the pun, measure up to Jack Reacher. I have my pick's who could play Reacher, Cruise would be my last pick, or no pick at all. As for him getting the part, I wonder about that too. Nevertheless, I will not see the film because of this. I am a bookseller, and I get the same feelings from customers who are also fans of the Lee Child's books. His scientology does not play into our feelings in this.

I would generally agree with you, but, when a 'religion' has people killed or harrassed because they disagree with their religion or have quit their reilgion, then, yes, I do judge them. also, the deaths their 'cleansing' has caused is absolutely horrible, I really don't understand why they haven't been investigated and charged. Edited by glorybebe
  • Like 1

I would generally agree with you, but, when a 'religion' has people killed or harrassed because they disagree with their religion or have quit their reilgion, then, yes, I do judge them. also, the deaths their 'cleansing' has caused is absolutely horrible, I really don't understand why they haven't been investigated and charged.

Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of that either. It could be I don't usually research this religion, and/or not getting enough information, but I don't usually hear about that. I think I remember reading something sometime back, but that's it. That is not to say, I don't believe you, I just haven't heard it myself, and what you post is some FIY for me. Frankly, I have heard this happening to various folks who have various religions, here and there.

I agree with you, if they are doing this, and I'm not doubting you that they are, that is dispicable. Frankly, anytime care is denied a person, because of the family's belief, I think that is wrong. Chasing a person down and hurting them, because they left, is also wrong. Really, why? Shows me some people are not self assured in their religion and that they believe it's wrong, if they have to chase people who are leaving.

I pretty much question Jett Travolta's death, but is that for me to do so?

Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of that either. It could be I don't usually research this religion, and/or not getting enough information, but I don't usually hear about that. I think I remember reading something sometime back, but that's it. That is not to say, I don't believe you, I just haven't heard it myself, and what you post is some FIY for me. Frankly, I have heard this happening to various folks who have various religions, here and there.

I agree with you, if they are doing this, and I'm not doubting you that they are, that is dispicable. Frankly, anytime care is denied a person, because of the family's belief, I think that is wrong. Chasing a person down and hurting them, because they left, is also wrong. Really, why? Shows me some people are not self assured in their religion and that they believe it's wrong, if they have to chase people who are leaving.

I pretty much question Jett Travolta's death, but is that for me to do so?

If we don't question things, then that is when cults like this gain more and more power. By them being able to keep so many things hush-hush it speaks to me of power in hidden areas. Pretty scary IMO. Remember that the aristocracy was getting away with murder, literally, until the 'peasants' questioned their rights and look how that changed society. Same thing applies here in a lessened way, but still, murder and intimidation need to be questioned.

Mutual respect, yes, only if they are not hurting anyone or forcing their views on anyone...

I really doubt any fans of the books will see this movie. There are always changes from book to screen play but to mess with the essential characters is a huge mistake if you plan to draw fans to a movie from a book. Reacher is tall, deep voiced and scruffy in a manly way. Not short, doesnt sound like a teenage girl and look like a little boy. I would not even consider seeing this movie even if he was not a member of the church of scientology.

My feelings for them are from my personal experience with them at the interview. They were shysters back then and still are as fast as I'm concerned.

Mutual respect, yes, only if they are not hurting anyone or forcing their views on anyone...

I really doubt any fans of the books will see this movie. There are always changes from book to screen play but to mess with the essential characters is a huge mistake if you plan to draw fans to a movie from a book. Reacher is tall, deep voiced and scruffy in a manly way. Not short, doesnt sound like a teenage girl and look like a little boy. I would not even consider seeing this movie even if he was not a member of the church of scientology.

My feelings for them are from my personal experience with them at the interview. They were shysters back then and still are as fast as I'm concerned.

BBBWWWAAAAHHHHAAAA!! You nailed him in one sentence! Too funny!

BBBWWWAAAAHHHHAAAA!! You nailed him in one sentence! Too funny!

It's true and I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but, I am not a fan of tom cruise...

;)

It's true and I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but, I am not a fan of tom cruise...

;)

I am so with you there! I refuse to watch movies with him in them. Maybe I have missed out on some great stories, but I can't stand watching him and his arrogant face.