Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Provocative clothing invites attacks?

ouija ouija

I'd like to add my own two cents. Would a man attack a provocatively dressed woman in a crowded street, or a modestly dressed women in a dark alleyway? There's no one factor that's the same in all cases. Someone thinks they violate another persons body because of something, their own idea, something that person is wearing, etc. NOTHING GIVES A PERSON THE RIGHT TO VIOLATE ANOTHER'S PERSON. If someone is wearing something provocative and a person feels a stirring, uuuuuuuuh, WALK AWAY D-BAG. It comes down to the attacker NOT doing something.

• Like 1

@ yamata & Socrates

Wearing provocative clothing is a bid for attention it is not an invitation or cause for rape.

If provocative clothing is all it took for men to become rapists, women would not wear provocative clothing because rape is a violent act. It its taking something without permission.

If all it takes for a man to decide he's going to rape is provocative clothing then all men including you two are potential rapists. It means thaT men have absolutely no control over their behavior and that a woman wearing something considered sexy will trigger an aggressive sexual response and if the woman does not respond in kind that she's inviting rape. So, you two are potential rapists...or maybe you already are....

Ah come'on. We all know woman don't mean no when they say no, and they really like men to be forceful. When they dress sexy they are signally, just like other animals signal when they are ready for mating. The male receives the single and then is suppose to do what males do. That is the way we evolved.

• Like 1

Ah come'on. We all know woman don't mean no when they say no, and they really like men to be forceful. When they dress sexy they are signally, just like other animals signal when they are ready for mating. The male receives the single and then is suppose to do what males do. That is the way we evolved.

I'm also supposed to eat when I'm hungry yet somehow I keep myself from stealing food at the supermarket while shopping cause I'm too lazy to pay.

Yes, but the question is, what is the percentage of women attacked who wear similar provocative things...versus those who wear potato sacks with turtle necks? I would bet on those who wear provocative clothing being attacked more often. Maybe I'd lose the bet since soceity has radically changed over the past 20-30 years lol.

You would be wrong, it is much more likely that a rapist will choose a victim out of convenience/opportunity than because of what she is wearing. In fact, self confident women who wear provocative clothing can also be deemed intimidating by many men who are not prepared to confront a sexually mature and assured individual, rather seeking meek and easily intimidated/fearful people.

Rape is not about desire it is about control and subjugation.

• Like 2

@ yamata & Socrates

Wearing provocative clothing is a bid for attention it is not an invitation or cause for rape.

If provocative clothing is all it took for men to become rapists, women would not wear provocative clothing because rape is a violent act. It its taking something without permission.

If all it takes for a man to decide he's going to rape is provocative clothing then all men including you two are potential rapists. It means thaT men have absolutely no control over their behavior and that a woman wearing something considered sexy will trigger an aggressive sexual response and if the woman does not respond in kind that she's inviting rape. So, you two are potential rapists...or maybe you already are....

A woman, in a female prison, dressing provocatively is just as much a risk to rape than on the outside walking the streets among males. Female dominance in prison is no different than male/female dominance in society. The only protection a less dominate individual has in society is the laws which only apply after an assault. The best protection is personal responsibility.... something which seems to be fading from socialized nations.

You would be wrong, it is much more likely that a rapist will choose a victim out of convenience/opportunity than because of what she is wearing. In fact, self confident women who wear provocative clothing can also be deemed intimidating by many men who are not prepared to confront a sexually mature and assured individual, rather seeking meek and easily intimidated/fearful people.

Rape is not about desire it is about control and subjugation.

If there is no attraction at all involved in rape, then why rape them? That would just be gross. Said attacker could just handcuff the person, stick them in a closet and force them to watch Uwe Boll movies.

Edited by WoIverine

A woman, in a female prison, dressing provocatively is just as much a risk to rape than on the outside walking the streets among males. Female dominance in prison is no different than male/female dominance in society. The only protection a less dominate individual has in society is the laws which only apply after an assault. The best protection is personal responsibility.... something which seems to be fading from socialized nations.

It also comes down to personal responsibility to NOT commit a crime. 'Those who will sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.'

• Like 2

I agree.... at the end of the day we are animals. We're here to procreate. Everything in between is simply circumstance. I know this infuriates the emotional female. Those are just emotions. This is reality.

It also comes down to personal responsibility to NOT commit a crime. 'Those who will sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.'

That BF quote attached to that sentence makes absolutely no logical sense.

Edited by acidhead

I agree.... at the end of the day we are animals. We're here to procreate. Everything in between is simply circumstance. I know this infuriates the emotional female. Those are just emotions. This is reality.

That BF quote attached to that sentence makes absolutely no logical sense.

We have the freedom to dress as we please, just because a rapist MAY rape us because of it, should we give up the freedom to dress as we please? Should all women wear anti-rape condoms next?

• Like 1

Is this sarcasm? If not, I'm stunned to hear this from a woman.

Also, we evolved by casting off the least fit of our numbers. Do you really think that human societies should be based on evolutionary principles?

We have the freedom to dress as we please, just because a rapist MAY rape us because of it, should we give up the freedom to dress as we please? Should all women wear anti-rape condoms next?

Of course you have freedom to dress as slutty as you wish. Whatever makes you feel sexy. Just remember that the more attention you garner the greater the odds you'll be attacked and the police will show up to write out a report. The laws do not protect the female. The laws only punish the criminal after the judicial system runs it's course.

I'd like to add my own two cents. Would a man attack a provocatively dressed woman in a crowded street, or a modestly dressed women in a dark alleyway? There's no one factor that's the same in all cases. Someone thinks they violate another persons body because of something, their own idea, something that person is wearing, etc. NOTHING GIVES A PERSON THE RIGHT TO VIOLATE ANOTHER'S PERSON. If someone is wearing something provocative and a person feels a stirring, uuuuuuuuh, WALK AWAY D-BAG. It comes down to the attacker NOT doing something.

Pray tell, why would a female signal males and then deny his behavior is the result of her signals?

We might compare the behavior of Chimps verse Bonobo. Comparing our behavior with other animals is most interesting. Exclusive sexual mating is controlled by females more than by males. Chimps are male dominant and bonobo are female dominant. Bonobo females feed together and defend each other, unlike chimps. Bonobo females also seem more sexually interested in each other.

Interesting is the male hating, human homosexuals, attempt to look like men! I don't mean all homosexual women hate men, nor that all homosexual females want to look like men. Just that hating men and wanting to look like one, seems confused. But these women signal each other by being masculine, not by dressing like a sexy female. "Hello, look at me, I am signalling you I am attracted to women, by looking like a man, those dirty, no good _______." Huh?

Along this line, I knew a male who hated San Fransisco because the male homosexuals there were so aggressive in trying to seduce young males. I never found female homosexuals to be as aggressive as heterosexual males. I suspect homosexual or heterosexual, males tend to be more sexually aggressive than females. What do you think?

• Like 2

If there is no attraction at all involved in rape, then why rape them? That would just be gross. Said attacker could just handcuff the person, stick them in a closet and force them to watch Uwe Boll movies.

The attraction is for control and subjugation of another human being, it is enjoyment in the pain and suffering of others.

I'm also supposed to eat when I'm hungry yet somehow I keep myself from stealing food at the supermarket while shopping cause I'm too lazy to pay.

The day an apple jumps into your shopping cart, when you signal you are hungry, your argument will make sense.

• Like 1

Of course you have freedom to dress as slutty as you wish. Whatever makes you feel sexy. Just remember that the more attention you garner the greater the odds you'll be attacked and the police will show up to write out a report. The laws do not protect the female. The laws only punish the criminal after the judicial system runs it's course.

Glad you think 'freedom to dress as we please' equates to 'slutty'. The laws are both meant to protect and to punish. This why we have them in the books in the first place. IF you steal you WILL go to jail, this should keep you from going to jail. IF you RAPE someone you WILL be punished. It's like telling a child they'll burn their hand if they touch something hot. The punishment, by informing you that you will receive it because of what you do SHOULD keep people from commuting crimes. What makes anyone think covering up a little will make a man decide 'well, she ain't worth it'?

• Like 1

Pray tell, why would a female signal males and then deny his behavior is the result of her signals?

We might compare the behavior of Chimps verse Bonobo. Comparing our behavior with other animals is most interesting. Exclusive sexual mating is controlled by females more than by males. Chimps are male dominant and bonobo are female dominant. Bonobo females feed together and defend each other, unlike chimps. Bonobo females also seem more sexually interested in each other.

Interesting is the male hating, human homosexuals, attempt to look like men! I don't mean all homosexual women hate men, nor that all homosexual females want to look like men. Just that hating men and wanting to look like one, seems confused. But these women signal each other by being masculine, not by dressing like a sexy female. "Hello, look at me, I am signalling you I am attracted to women, by looking like a man, those dirty, no good _______." Huh?

Along this line, I knew a male who hated San Fransisco because the male homosexuals there were so aggressive in trying to seduce young males. I never found female homosexuals to be as aggressive as heterosexual males. I suspect homosexual or heterosexual, males tend to be more sexually aggressive than females. What do you think?

Bull. It comes down to the individual. Not your sexual orientation, nothing. It's a personal responsibility to NOT ACT ON THOSE URGES.

And that is what we should all sit in agreement on when I wear my provocative clothing in any of the many examples I've discussed already. I should have the right to wear whatever I want, provocative or not, and NOTHING GIVES A PERSON THE RIGHT TO VIOLATE ANOTHER PERSON. I've been saying that from day one, but some people can't handle it when it's applied fairly to every individual, and even saying it in all-caps won't be enough (been there done that too).

Take it one way or the other folks, either we think we can do whatever we want because we should and provocation doesn't matter or we learn how to look in the mirror, but none of us are going to have it both ways depending on what gender the guinea pig is.

Glad you think 'freedom to dress as we please' equates to 'slutty'. The laws are both meant to protect and to punish. This why we have them in the books in the first place. IF you steal you WILL go to jail, this should keep you from going to jail. IF you RAPE someone you WILL be punished. It's like telling a child they'll burn their hand if they touch something hot. The punishment, by informing you that you will receive it because of what you do SHOULD keep people from commuting crimes. What makes anyone think covering up a little will make a man decide 'well, she ain't worth it'?

You'll figure it out. Go to a female prison.

You'll figure it out. Go to a female prison.

Niiiiice~ I'll go get attacked for the experience! Thanks Acid! Oh wait already happened in my home for no reason.

Niiiiice~ I'll go get attacked for the experience! Thanks Acid! Oh wait already happened in my home for no reason.

I dunno, with all those crazy anime weapons you wield, I think any future attacker would probably think twice. :D

I dunno, with all those crazy anime weapons you wield, I think any future attacker would probably think twice. :D

By the way some people make it to be, even the possibility of punishment would not dissuade a rutting person. We're nothing but bull elephants in musth.

I'm sorry to hear it, young lady.

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear it, young lady.

Things happen. Not for a reason but not always for no reasons, things just happen. That's my point, nothing will prevent an attack except for the person committing the crime to think 'I need to stop committing crimes'.

Edited by Hasina

Is this sarcasm? If not, I'm stunned to hear this from a woman.

Also, we evolved by casting off the least fit of our numbers. Do you really think that human societies should be based on evolutionary principles?

For sure that was sarcasm. I don't know why I have this compulsion to be sarcastic, and I am always relieved when I am not taken seriously.

Did you read the link explaining the argument about us being as we are, because of evolution? Whenever possible I like to use science to understand our behavior, but this doesn't work real well when people skip over the links. And for sure I am guilty of doing that! There is just so much information and so many different directions a discussion can go, we have to skip some things.

I think it takes a huge effort to make human beings behave differently from the animals. I think the animals have different behaviors and that understanding the differences is helpful to understanding humans. I think not understanding the human difference, and therefore, what is required for them to be different from other animals is a huge mistake. Human beings are the most flexible creatures on earth. They are molded into who they become, and when they do not like themselves, it takes heroic effort for them to learn to be different, but this can be done. Other animals might want to change their social position, but I don't think they contemplate changing themselves.

When it comes to sex. That is about hormones. Seriously it is much easier to abstain from sex in my old age than it once was. I did a pretty job of abstaining, but only because my head was full of ideas that determined me to do so. Had I not learned those ideas, I would have had a much more active sex life. Laugh, I got sterilized so I could sleep around without worry of pregnancy, and we announced herpies and then AIDS. Those diseases are even worse than getting pregnant. The idea of telling a man I carry one of those diseases, reinforced my old programing about not having sex. Had I not known of these diseases, I might have known many more men? Today, if I accepted a man in life, he would have to be a very special guy. It is no longer about a hard to control sex drive.

• Like 2

People prove daily that even Biology hasn't got a prayer against their politics. "Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind's made up."