Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What about this, Nazca line like no other?

Four Winds

QUOTE : "I have seen numerous compliations/series of pictures of the Nazca Lines... this image is one that i have NEVER seen......"

the reason this glyph line is not included in any compilation/series of NAZCA lines nor any tour is very simple: THis glyph belongs to PALPA lines not NAZCA lines , well , in fact both places are so close but are not the same , both are located in ICA PERU. Palpa lines include more sophisticates geometrical images not only animal pictographs , but were left out 'cause not being as flashy as those in nazca

to the common people, but mathematicians thinks these are incredible. There is a hill that seems to have been punched like a metal http://www.piedrasde...RJETA MICRO.jpg , a david's star , and many other incredible things .http://www.piedrasdeica.es/nazca3.html

But more interesting is Paracas , where creators of all this stuff supposedly lived , they are the called Elongated Skulls ( the real ones not elongated through binding human skulls) http://www.grahamhancock.com/images/forum/FoersterB6/5.jpg , the ancient cone heads with a brain capacity 25% or more larger than the current human.... if you have more interest on it search in google or facebook to Prof. Brien Foerester or on their website http://hiddenincatours.com ... some interesting to read here: http://www.grahamhan...rsterB6.php?p=2

Edited by javillv34

Maybe this is a better way of comparing them:

Chakana_021-Palpa-mandala2.jpg

ChakanaQhapaq_Nan_masonesnewyork.png

I'll grant that there is some similarity, not sure if it is the same thing though. Are the two part of the exact same culture or not?

QUOTE : "I have seen numerous compliations/series of pictures of the Nazca Lines... this image is one that i have NEVER seen......"

the reason this glyph line is not included in any compilation/series of NAZCA lines nor any tour is very simple: THis glyph belongs to PALPA lines not NAZCA lines , well , in fact both places are so close but are not the same , both are located in ICA PERU. Palpa lines include more sophisticates geometrical images not only animal pictographs , but were left out 'cause not being as flashy as those in nazca

to the common people, but mathematicians thinks these are incredible. There is a hill that seems to have been punched like a metal http://www.piedrasde...RJETA MICRO.jpg , a david's star , and many other incredible things .http://www.piedrasdeica.es/nazca3.html

But more interesting is Paracas , where creators of all this stuff supposedly lived , they are the called Elongated Skulls ( the real ones not elongated through binding human skulls) http://www.grahamhancock.com/images/forum/FoersterB6/5.jpg , the ancient cone heads with a brain capacity 25% or more larger than the current human.... if you have more interest on it search in google or facebook to Prof. Brien Foerester or on their website http://hiddenincatours.com ... some interesting to read here: http://www.grahamhan...rsterB6.php?p=2

I don't see how you get that mathematicians think these are incredible, when only researchers associated with the municipality of Palpa have access to them. If you have any reference to the contrary, please feel free to post it.

As to your "alien" elongated skulls, both Hancock and Foerster got their cues from David Hatcher Childress and he has been proven wrong more often than not. So yes, the nobility of the Paracas culture, practised skull binding, resulting in cranial deformation. However they were not unique in this, as the process was practised by many cultures, at different times, around the world. These other cultures include those in ancient Iraq, Russia, Melanesia, Malta, North America, Mexico, and possibly Egypt during the Amarna period.

I'll grant that there is some similarity, not sure if it is the same thing though. Are the two part of the exact same culture or not?

The Chakana comes in many shapes: sometimes the center is a circle, sometimes a cross, sometimes a spiral, and so on.

The Incas could have inherited the symbol from a culture before them, or from a tribe they had conquered.

The Chakana represented the Southern Cross, an important constellation for the Incas.

Edited by Abramelin

I don't see how you get that mathematicians think these are incredible, when only researchers associated with the municipality of Palpa have access to them. If you have any reference to the contrary, please feel free to post it.

As to your "alien" elongated skulls, both Hancock and Foerster got their cues from David Hatcher Childress and he has been proven wrong more often than not. So yes, the nobility of the Paracas culture, practised skull binding, resulting in cranial deformation. However they were not unique in this, as the process was practised by many cultures, at different times, around the world. These other cultures include those in ancient Iraq, Russia, Melanesia, Malta, North America, Mexico, and possibly Egypt during the Amarna period.

I don't remember have wrote "alien skulls" in any of my lines. That would be underestimate an ancient culture like PARACAS. I fact, i'm not a fanatic of the alien theory of von Daniken or CHILDRESS.

would be nice if take a serious look to recent research on the elongated skulls like Paracas ( and other of course , like the Olmecs in Mexico and Tiahunacu in Bolivia). it is true there are many skulls artificially elongated, but a natural elongated skull, differences in three things:

-Largest cranial capacity than a normal human , which can not be achieved by any method of artificial deformation.

- two cranial plates instead of three,

-have two little holes for nerves or veins in the back of the cranial bone, no recent human have similar

- The lower jaw in crooked bite,

And, yes ... Japanese and German scientist have made research recently , in "the Palpa SUN AND CROSS STAR" wrong called "MANDALA" glyph. ;)

Edited by javillv34

The Chakana comes in many shapes: sometimes the center is a circle, sometimes a cross, sometimes a spiral, and so on.

The Incas could have inherited the symbol from a culture before them, or from a tribe they had conquered.

The Chakana represented the Southern Cross, an important constellation for the Incas.

totally agree , in fact, the inca culture had a relative short period of life; all the knowledge of the Incas have been inherited of very ancient cultures before them, but Incas were the top of all them.

Found it.... It is shown on Google Maps as Estralla de Palpa... Star of Palpa. And I found it recorded in many places as Mandala and listed as a Circle or Compass. Also called "the Sun and Star".

14 38'38.72"S 75 10'15.71"W

It is on the other side of the agricultural area... river? And it is only like 100 meters long, pretty small.

50-Lineas-de-Palpa-mysteryperu-55pr.jpg

Very cool. I'd not seen this before.

Maybe it's an ancient alien warning :tu: :unsure2: , the building to me looks like the jewish star (star of david? apologies if mistaken), maybe if they colonized there they might have had a peaceful history :P

Sorry to any who took offence. First thing that came to my mind and made me chuckle a lil.

After seeing the responses I agree to the mandala theory, but note the pointed star shape on the exterior if that makes any difference. Also more than likely a bit suss if it is something completely out of the ordinary for them. So it lies on the fence, a better way would be to see the earliest photos of the region and see when or if it was an original, that is if such photos exist still. The lines have always interested me because I have seen lines/pictures appear on Admiralty Island which has no civil/western presence (also sports some of these "runways" that get mentioned from times to times, these are permanent where the pictures grew over within the next update of google earth/maps) and it is well known in Australia to have tribes still living as they always have which also have their folklore of how many tribes still exist in the bush of FNQ.

There is also a perfect "runway" that is obviously a meteor impact quite vivid on the ground. Can pull images and post them in the google map finds thread upon request. Also if anyone knows how to obtain past photos of google maps, I found these pictures around july/august 2012. Nothing doomsdayi LOL, I seen a bulls face (bull facial shape with horns), a man, a larger man with a deformed head (similar to a grey illustrated picture), a bird a couple of other things these were quite distinct and was more doing research on anomalies on lay line joining points surrounding australia, hence how I found the Papua New Ginea meteor strike.

• 4 weeks later...

Heres an interesting video on the whole put together Nazca lines starting off the dragon from space.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nq-b7GDtnM8[/media]

Im having beer. What are you on?

I liked the background music, but that's about it.

I dont have an opinion either way. Just posting the vid for those that do.

I gonna get that tattooed on my lower back ... with a little cute serpent spitting fire in the middle ... hehehehehe

I gonna get that tattooed on my lower back ... with a little cute serpent spitting fire in the middle ... hehehehehe

Because 2013 is the Year of the Snake?

^_^

Because 2013 is the Year of the Snake?

^_^

aye Abe ol'man ... and me being also born on the year of the serpent too ... four cycles ago

Glad to see ye as sharper than the average pear still, ol'chap

;)

aye Abe ol'man ... and me being also born on the year of the serpent too ... four cycles ago

Glad to see ye as sharper than the average pear still, ol'chap

;)

Four cycles ago....heh, then you are as old as one of my ex/not-so-exes I had on the phone last Wednesday to congratulate her with her birthday.

And I still remember, long ago, when she and I were both smoking a cig after...<ahem>.. some 'physical workout', that I noticed she had a green snake tattooed around one of her ankles. I asked what that meant, and she explained.

Having had several Asian girlfiends helped too, and being there when our Chinese community in The Hague celebrated their New Year yesterday also helped a lot, lol.

Happy New Year, Third Eye !!

Edited by Abramelin

Four cycles ago....heh, then you are as old as one of my ex/not-so-ex's I had on the phone last Wednesday to congratulate her with her birthday.

And I still remember, long ago, when she and I were both smoking a cig after...<ahem>.. some 'physical workout', that I noticed she had a green snake tattooed around one of her ankles. I asked what that meant, and she explained.

Having had several Asian girlfiends helped too, and being there when our Chinese community in The Hague celebrated their New Year yesterday also helped a lot, lol.

Happy New Year, Third Eye !!

Thanks ye kindly Ol'chap ... Great Wealth and Prosperity to ye too ...

Don't mean to make you paranoid but I got a green serpent tattoo too but on my right hip, about seven inches across in a figure eight coil heheheheh would attached a pic but I'm too lazy to so you'll have to take me at my word, I'm good for it LoL

karma much you chameleon ? Oh my .... what I wouldn't give to have a peek at your face right about now,

priceless expression would've kept kodak in business [massive grin]

Thanks ye kindly Ol'chap ... Great Wealth and Prosperity to ye too ...

Don't mean to make you paranoid but I got a green serpent tattoo too but on my right hip, about seven inches across in a figure eight coil heheheheh would attached a pic but I'm too lazy to so you'll have to take me at my word, I'm good for it LoL

karma much you chameleon ? Oh my .... what I wouldn't give to have a peek at your face right about now,

priceless expression would've kept kodak in business [massive grin]

I worked as a lab assistant in an Eastman-Kodak laboratory for 10 years, lol !!

2013 is supposed to be a year when major bad sh1t is going to happen. But we survived 2012, so that's nothing to worry about.

About my mug... she hadn't seen my face for a year or so, and I send her a photo. I had shaved my head and grown a (grey) beard, Lenin style (what's that called, a 'goaty'??).

She was shocked....hahahaha !

Hmmm.. I guess we should go back on topic.

Nazca, I have been there, flew over it, and had a lot of fun pretending I was at the steering wheel of the biplane. The pilot, an Italian who had been flying tourists for some 20 years, agreed with me when I asked him to have a bit of fun at the expense of my friends sitting at the back. I was sitting in front, btw, and then you have a non-working steering wheel in front of you (well, it will work when unblocked).

So I shouted, "Hey, now *I* am flying the plane!! Watch me!! Whooeeeeeee !!." And we made a sharp dive to the left (socalled because I was steering the wheel). And then to the right. I would love to see that Italian pilot again, sigh...

After we landed I had to run....

Edited by Abramelin

I worked as a lab assistant in an Eastman-Kodak laboratory for 10 years, lol !!

2013 is supposed to be a year when major bad sh1t is going to happen. But we survived 2012, so that's nothing to worry about.

About my mug... she hadn't seen imy face for a year or so, and I send her a photo. I had shaved my head and grown a (grey) beard, Lenin style (what's that called, a 'goaty'??).

She was shocked....hahahaha !

Hmmm.. I guess we should go back on topic.

Nazca, I have been there, flew over it, and had a lot of fun pretending I was at the steering wheel of the biplane. The pilot, an Italian who had been flying tourists for some 20 years, agreed with me when I asked him to have a bit of fun at the expense of my friends sitting at the back. I was sitting in front, btw, and then you have a non-working steering wheel in front of you (well, it will work when unblocked).

So I shouted, "Hey, now *I* am flying the plane!! Watch me!! Whooeeeeeee !!."

After we landed I had to run....

Yeah .... the wheels of karma ... don't take the misconception of "serpent" means bad too seriously, they like to sell that to kick up the consumer index numbers.

In the asian zodiac numbers the serpent is nothing calamitous, depends on which side of the heavenly guardian you're sidled up to, it's also known as "little dragon"

the nazca lines are misunderstood by both sides of the argument methinks, for one it's too impossible because it is so to them, for the other it's not improbable because it's too simple,

I just think it's a great and pioneering achievement of the human race, in science and engineering however one wants to define "science and engineering"

whatever the reasons or purpose of the lines are just a pursuit of futility, I believe they don't even know conclusively who the ones that made the lines are or were.

~edit~

p/s

I shaved me head too on me b'day, so I'm also as bald as I am bearded but I'm as far from a Lenin look as batman is to the joker

ahem ... that is to say I look better

kodak that ol'boy

[snicker, chortle and guffaw]

Edited by third_eye

Heres an interesting video on the whole put together Nazca lines starting off the dragon from space.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=nq-b7GDtnM8[/media]

I'm not sure if it was the CGI ladys, or the dragon that convinced me this video was telling the Truth....

Yeah .... the wheels of karma ... don't take the misconception of "serpent" means bad too seriously, they like to sell that to kick up the consumer index numbers.

In the asian zodiac numbers the serpent is nothing calamitous, depends on which side of the heavenly guardian you're sidled up to, it's also known as "little dragon"

the nazca lines are misunderstood by both sides of the argument methinks, for one it's too impossible because it is so to them, for the other it's not improbable because it's too simple,

I just think it's a great and pioneering achievement of the human race, in science and engineering however one wants to define "science and engineering"

whatever the reasons or purpose of the lines are just a pursuit of futility, I believe they don't even know conclusively who the ones that made the lines are or were.

~edit~

p/s

I shaved me head too on me b'day, so I'm also as bald as I am bearded but I'm as far from a Lenin look as batman is to the joker

ahem ... that is to say I look better

kodak that ol'boy

[snicker, chortle and guffaw]

Both Johan Reinhard and Maria Reiche had very credible theories about the how and why of the Nazca lines. JR said it all had to do with rituals concerning fertility, water, and the mountain gods. According to Reiche it also had to do with solstices and equinoxes: a calendar in short. JR was present when (I think it was) the Mapuche in Chile constructed one in the Andes mountains.

And the Chatana this thread started with had to do with the Southern Cross (and it was used as a calendar), a very important constellation for the Incas, and most probably also for the people they conquered (and probably adopted it from).

Both Johan Reinhard and Maria Reiche had very credible theories about the how and why of the Nazca lines. JR said it all had to do with rituals concerning fertility, water, and the mountain gods. According to Reiche it also had to do with solstices and equinoxes: a calendar in short. JR was present when (I think it was) the Mapuche in Chile constructed one in the Andes mountains.

And the Chatana this thread started with had to do with the Southern Cross (and it was used as a calendar), a very important constellation for the Incas, and most probably also for the people they conquered (and probably adopted it from).

Found my post http://www.unexplain...dpost&p=4290849 and links to some of the theories relating to the points you raised, I think the belief now more than ever is all if not most of these "mysterious" landmarks, temples and sites are related. If one can get over that "new world" obstacle in thought then it's not really that mysterious, a thousand years two or three millennium ago is very very different to a thousand years to us. I know you know well what I mean by that.

~cheerios~

I'm not sure if it was the CGI ladys, or the dragon that convinced me this video was telling the Truth....

I wasnt sure about the blue lines myself. If they were Nazca lines or some other throw in artisitic value prop.

nazca_man1.jpg

While the Nazca Lines are interesting, I never got a sense of real curiosity until I saw this image. Sure, the pictographs of animals can be explained away, but this one is not like the others. It is not some people scrapping the ground away to make an image of a familiar animal, this is precision work and unlike what I have seen from photos of other Nazca Lines. Does anyone have an opinion or information about this image? Is it hoax?

It's the zodiac:

This particular configuration has been researched and appears on the following page....

http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_1_2.htm

just scroll a little over half way down the page.