Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Giant Pandas: new weapon against superbugs

Still Waters

Their endangered status and distinctive, cuddly appearance has turned them into the poster-child of wildlife conservation, but now there may be a new reason to save the giant panda from extinction.

Scientists have discovered that the animals, of which there are around 1,600 in the wild, produce a powerful antibiotic in their blood stream that kills bacteria and fungi.

http://www.telegraph...-superbugs.html

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mistydawn

• ash68

• Still Waters

• Imaginarynumber1

killing bacteria in less than an hour! wao! Maybe there's more to bamboo shoot eating than meets the eye!

Seriously though, awesome creatures with awesome secrets.

A Panda a day keeps the Doctor away... :w00t:

• Like 1

Before i read the article it's PO isn't it?! (he's the weapon.... kung fu panda)

1337124170649.gif

See PO is real.

I saw a Panda take on more than a bug,it beat a Tiger senseless with some slick Kung Fu moves so i know the bug is history

Edited by ashven

Preserving all life will surely helpmthe human race,how many examples of this have we seen and how many more will we discover?

Edited by ashven

Nature always has amazed me. Like, some shark species never getting cancer(if I got that right ?)

nature has all the answers and cures to all human problems as in for deseases and i mean natural cures from mother nature herself.instead were being bombarded with these artificial drugs by these drug companies that have all these side effects and etc which in reality do more harm than good sure they help us with out current problem but what about later???be respectful to mother nature and with the animals of nature they might have cures and etc but they are lab rats or experiments.were not above mother nature guys or stronger nature has shown us that.are ignorant are we humans. i'm glad about that though the discovery i am really.nature is impressive always so are all animals!!