Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rick dyer tent footage, Dead bigfoot.

danbell06

On another board, people are joking about a principle called "Squatchem's Razor".

"If it can't be easily explained then Bigfoot is the most likely explanation."

• Like 6

Don't you see the profile of the mask protrude from the tree and then go back behind it again? It's soft in my screencap but sharp on the video...you even see the hair on its chin.

Don't you see the profile of the mask protrude from the tree and then go back behind it again? It's soft in my screencap but sharp on the video...you even see the hair on its chin.

I see a little motion behind a tree. It looks as blurry as your screencap.

There's more buzz about this story now...a Bigfoot author is staking his reputation on its veracity, and a skeptic is en route to verify the body's legitimacy. There's also talk that the body's been moved from San Antonio to Las Vegas.

I'm betting that the "body" is being stuffed for an "exhibit," with the help of a little creative taxidermy a la "Brotherhood of the Wolf."

Probably they've frozen it in ice in a freezer. :innocent:

For... transport, not to.... hide anything....

Edited by DieChecker

Bigfoot authors will easily stake their reputation. Their followers don't care if it turns out false, they still keep believing.

Bigfoot authors will easily stake their reputation. Their followers don't care if it turns out false, they still keep believing.

What's more, if you point out the "mistakes" to the believers they'll go to great lengths to explain why it was a simple error and can be overlooked, but it still depicts real and documented facts. Sort of like on "Finding Bigfoot". I swear every episode they drop more little data bombs no one has ever heard of, '......it's a documented fact that Bigfoot rarely use existing animal game trails.' Or, '..........it's widely known that Bigfoot don't follow any kind of rules like regular animals do.'

I've often wondered what would happen if they actually had a Bigfoot come at them while shooting the show and scare the bejebbers out of them. Now that would be worth watching, Matt Moneymaker and Cliff crying like little girls.

• Like 2

Sort of like on "Finding Bigfoot". I swear every episode they drop more little data bombs no one has ever heard of, '......it's a documented fact that Bigfoot rarely use existing animal game trails.' Or, '..........it's widely known that Bigfoot don't follow any kind of rules like regular animals do.'

I haven't noticed that they bother with words like "documented" or "fact" or "known". They just make authoritative statements and we're supposed to take them at face value. Like "Bigfoot has been seen eating this form of dry plant." I doubt the guy even knows what kind of plant he's looking at since he never says what it is.

I haven't noticed that they bother with words like "documented" or "fact" or "known". They just make authoritative statements and we're supposed to take them at face value. Like "Bigfoot has been seen eating this form of dry plant." I doubt the guy even knows what kind of plant he's looking at since he never says what it is.

No, they use statements like that a lot. They also say things like, '.....it's well known' or, '.......Bigfoots have been observed doing...(eating).....(or some other thing'. Just dropping little "data-bombs" that no one seems to have ever heard of before. Sort of like when Bobo did the firework show and said something to the effect that Bigfoots were curious as all get-out and yet they are supposed to be all shy and skiddish at the same time. Those are two diametrically opposite things, being both sounds like an oxymoron.

I personaly am no longer a believer in the existence of such beings. After two encounters, I now KNOW that this being exists. I wasn't looking for them. I wasn't a particular believer and hadn't ever encountered anything out of the ordinary before my first encounter with not one but two of what I'll just call undocumented primates in Belize, Central America back in 1988 on an archaeological project. I didn't believe my Ketchi Mayan Indian buddies when they spoke of the Sessomeeto (Im not sure how to spell this Ketchi word, so I typed it out as it sounds), which they told me means Nine Foot Hairy Man. I won't go into what happened right now as I have to get up early in the morning. but it sure opened my eyes to a new reality. The 2nd time I encountered such a being (I won't call them creatures), I and a few other archaeologist were conducting a field excavation in a Missouri Conservation Wildlife Preserve. I personaly saw two. The first being just an estimated 40 feet away from two other archaeologists and myself in broad daylight. The other two guys then saw another off to our right and they pursued it. I was allready running after the first being who had taken off to our left upon being surprised by us coming upon it. How it ran...! It ran like a human, but in a different manner that immediately suggested that it was used to doing so through the thick growth of brush and plants in the woods. As it ran, the palm of each arm that swung forward would turn outward, deflecting the vegetation off to the side as the arm would come back again in its stride. This technique was executed perfectly by both arms and hands at an extremely fast pace as the being ran through the brush. I, on the other hand, had trouble tearing through the brush, but the being was able to go through it like it wasn't even there. I'd like to cover these encounters in more detail tomorrow. I've got to hit the sack now. Please think about this... the biggest argument of sceptics is that they haven't seen anything...yet. A witness, on the other hand, knows that they exist and therefore is frustrated by arguments to the contrary being put forth by people who simply haven't seen one yet. Once the unbelievers DO see one however, it's an entirely different story. Using this logic, I'd have to give the benefit of the doubt to those whose claims are based upon a witnessed event. Not upon the sceptisism of someone who just hasn't ever encountered anything. Having seen them, I can honestly say that I no longer have to believe in them. I now KNOW that they exist. Now, I can get down to the business of wondering just where they fit into the rest of the animal kingdom, of which we also belong.

Edited by Whitedog333
  • Like 2

Interesting, I'd like to hear more. Perhaps you might start a new thread on your experience.

What's more, if you point out the "mistakes" to the believers they'll go to great lengths to explain why it was a simple error and can be overlooked, but it still depicts real and documented facts. Sort of like on "Finding Bigfoot". I swear every episode they drop more little data bombs no one has ever heard of, '......it's a documented fact that Bigfoot rarely use existing animal game trails.' Or, '..........it's widely known that Bigfoot don't follow any kind of rules like regular animals do.'

I've often wondered what would happen if they actually had a Bigfoot come at them while shooting the show and scare the bejebbers out of them. Now that would be worth watching, Matt Moneymaker and Cliff crying like little girls.

It's annoying isn't it. All those psuedo-'science' shows have the same attitude. That Ancient Aliens show is the worst. They talk so arrogantly on it, something along the line of - "You would have to be an idiot to think humans built this." or "It's well known that humans were a lot more technically advanced in X period"

I have to admit, I do watch "Ancient Aliens" but only because of the guy with the wild, wild hair. The guy is so steeped in his own beliefs and theories that nothing else matters.

.......and he really needs to hook up with Johnathan from that styling show that's off the air now on Bravo.

And I also agree his own opinion on human intelligence is pretty lame, "We all know humans couldn't possibly come up with a way to pump water or move a big rock or build a building."

Edited by keninsc

Interesting, I'd like to hear more. Perhaps you might start a new thread on your experience.

Likewise. Though Whitedog333, you must also understand the frustration of skeptics such as myself who have to wade through so many "witnesses" who are either chronic bulls**tters, delusional or both. The 'want' to believe can do strange things to some folks. Others are just desperate for attention.

If you're genuine however, i'd be most interested to hear your stories. :)

It's hard not to maintain a level of cynicism towards extraordinary things you've never experienced or there is no hard proof for. Especially in this age of hoaxers. I for one would be most excited to have my cynicism lifted once and for all on a number of topics. :)

• Like 1

I thought the same thing Eyeball-Kid. It's kind of like, you've been grounded all of your life in the Norm and there've been no surprises or revelations that you've been personally made aware of. Oh, there've been published stories and stuff on TV and what-not, but you know that everything in the media pretty much boils down to making money off of comercial advertising, and that the flow of money from one coffer into the next is what compells folks to produce anything that'll draw the crowd. They don't care what it is either. You get sick and tired of the sensationalising and the bad science and the witnesses who come off looking and sounding like somebody who's desperate for attention and so they make claims to be a messenger from God, a messenger from the Aliens, an advanced or evolutionary superior human or whatever. You're right in maintaning sceptisism because that's your common sense to such crap. Then one day, you're walking down a path thorugh the woods and coming upon a creek, you suddenly see a Leprecan, dancing on a rock in the middle of the river (not really, but I wanted to use the most outragious image that I could fathom). There he is, singing his Irish tunes and hopping around on that rock in broad daylight. There's no time for sceptical annalysis, No opportunity to get another witness, No use denying what is before your eyes. Then, suddenly, he sees you and dissapears... leaving you in shock and confused as to what just happened. You've got to tell somebody about it and you do. Oh oh, now YOU're one of THOSE people. Oh My God... and there you are. You know that you saw it. You aren't in the habbit of halucinating. YOU know it... but how can you ever convince anyone else that you DID see it. You can't. So you keep it to yourself and hold your cards close. Now you can start pondering the Next Question. Knowing that there apparantly Are Leprecan's, you can now ignore arguments by people who are still trying to determine whether or not they exist and move onto the subject of What was one doing dancing on a rock in the middle of a stream out in the middle of nowhere. You still don't have any answers, but Reality has been changed and re-routed for you for the rest of your life to come. Your mind has been opened to something else and there's no going back to being able to ignore the subject as just pure fantasy. You no longer have to be just a Believer. You are still grounded in reality but reality has been expanded to include the possibility of just about anything. You're much more open minded and you listen to accounts of things by other people and you tend to still dismiss the whacky ones because they're still out there in the thousands. You pause upon the sincere ones. You can believe a person who admits that they don't know anything and that they don't have any answers about what they know they saw. You believe that they saw Something. Anyway, all of that is still "somebody told me about this thing that they say happened to them" There never appears to be much proof that will satisfy. If only YOU'd had a camera when you saw what you did... Well, that day out in the Misouri woods back in 1989, we Did have a video camera set up on a tripod to document the excavation. There came into the frame something that stood up in the tall grass in the background, walked a short distance to the wood line and turned back to look at us. It was BIG and broad shouldered. There was thinning hair on its chest and you could see the skin starting to show through. It was light skin. At one point, the being tore off a limb and brandished it with both hands on either end in what seemed a display of anger as it rapidly rotated the the limb back and forth. We were in its territory and were disturbing the place with machinery. It was angry. You see, we were excavating a Dalton site that was being impacted by the construction of a temporary road that had to be built to transposrt contaminated water from a flooded quarry frull of something that I can't even remember now. Since the Missouri Dept. of Conservation couldn't transport the contaminants over the public road through the conservation area, they were building a new road to do so. There was a big bulldozer and a big earth scraper at work there each day and whatever had been using this particular spot to cut across allmost every day from the river on one side of the hill to the valley on the other side was evidently really p***ed. Every night, we'd leave at least one person and sometimes two, at the site to guard the equipment while the others would go into town and stay in a motel. Each night, the guys who had stayed out in the camp site would tell of something that had stepped over the wire fence next to the old road and walked along the ridge to the wood line. SOmetimes it would stop and howl they said and then continue into the woods. I never believed them. Never. However, when it was my turn to watch the camp one night, I had my two dogs with me. All night, they were growling and barking at something that was just in the woodline, 30 feet from me, that was moving around. I still didn't believe the others, and dismissed it all. Oh yea, we had several firearms in our camp for protection from thieves and so I kept a rifle and a pistol next to me at all times for that Just In Case that happens to all who become a victim of crime. It wasn't until the late morning of a certain day. The camera was roling. The machinery was moving dirt in the background and I was walking behind it, keeping an eye out for any lithic debree and tools in the dirt behind the machine that would signify that the machine had hit another feature. Then we would stop everything and start scraping around until we'd locate the tell tale soil discoloration and accumulation of chips that signified where we needed to put in a unit, which is a square meter hole, dug down 10 centimeters at a time with the soil being sifted in a screen and the material recovered from each 10 centimeter level, bagged and labled with marker pen on its side. All the while, there was something in the background, moving around and in and out of teh black and white viewer of the video recorder. Gary would eccassionaly look through the viewer and make a comment about a deer or someting moving around. At one point, you can hear him tell us to "go up there and find out what the **** that is moving around. That was the same moment when one of the guys I was standing next to said "Look! There it IS" I still didn't see anything, but Chris and Steve each grabbed a machette and ran up towards the wood line. I followed too, still not seeing anything. We entered the wood line and saw, about 40 feet away, a figure with it's back towards us. It was completely covered in the smoothest, silky looking long hair that was ever on a Persian cat. the hair wasn't shaggy or matted. It was long and smooth, the color of redish brown that glistened in the sunlight coming through the trees behind it. The head was also covered in hair that contoured down from the top of the head, down the sides of the thick neck and smoothly into the contours of the broad shoulders and down the arms. There were no ears protruding or any signs of ears breaking up the smooth contour of the hair. The same silky smooth long hair completely covered its back and legs. You could see muscle tone under the hair as it started walking away from us, slightly turning its head to the left and watching us as it moved to the left and away. That's when the two idiots with me began to yell at it, brandishing their machettes in what I suppose was an attempt to intimidate it and build up their courage. That is when the being began to run. It took off down a narrow game trail that skirted around the hill to our left through the woods and I followed as fast as I could, trying to keep it in sight. I couldn't keep up. It ran like an athlete. The other two guys (idiots) were too frightened to follow I guess, and had exclaimed "Look, there's another one!" and took off to the right. The being that I was pursuing went around the hill to the left and out of sight. That's when I heard it howl. It was a sound that I could feel in my chest. It wasn't a human cry. It was too powerfull. I thought at the time that it sounded like a combination of an Elk and a Bull. Having stopped by now, I turned back to follow the other guys. They were standing together at the top of a draw, looking down into the woods below them. As they started down together about twenty feet apart, they passed a spot between them where something suddenly sat up from the leaves that carpeted the woods. It'd remained motionless and they hadn't seen it and had just walked by. I turned to my right to see if Gary, the project director, was still filming and yelled back at him, "Are you getting all of this?!" I then turned back to the left and saw that the two guys were out of sight somewhere below in the draw. There was no sign of whatever had sat up from the debree on the forest floor either. The two guys later told us that whatever they thought they saw must've dissapeared. I figured that they'd walked past it while it was motionless and under the pile of leaves on the ground, then took off the other way when they passsed to link up with the other being. I regret that we didn't have a camera with us when we entered the woods. However, the color film that Gary retrieved from the video recorder showed what went on up to that point within the frame of the camera. It also caught us running into the woods. The video of the being suddenly standing up in the tall grass. shows just how invisible it was while it was apparantly watching us for a long time. It was about 103 degrees that humid morning when everything happened and anyone in a suit would've been really suffering. Well, Gary still has a copy of the event on tape somehere down in Versailes, Missouri. I lost my copy when I moved from Missouri to Nebraska years ago. I'll call Gary and ask him to please look for it and to download the VHS tape to disk and send it to me. Then I'll figure out a way to put it on line for you to see. It's interesting to say the very least. If it WAS two men in suits, they're very lucky that the two idiots who panicked and started screaming didn't have firearms with them. So are the two idiots. Manslaughter being a serious crime and all. I'll tell about the event in Belize the year before later on if anyone wants to hear it. Another tall tale form a guy nobody here knows... Oh well, all I can do is pass the information on as I experienced it and let it stand at that.

Edited by Whitedog333

Oh, the event noted above took place outside of Wentzville, Missouri in 1989, within the Busch Wildlife Area.

Oh, the event noted above took place outside of Wentzville, Missouri in 1989, within the Busch Wildlife Area.

Welcome Whitedog! Love your avatar. I look forward to reading your encounters.

Look, and I am the last one who should be talking to someone about their grammar or going off topic,

but, may I kindly suggest you start a new thread with your encounters and break up your one long paragraph a bit?

Sorry, my reading problems causes everything to run together for me like alphabet soup.lol

No offense...Thx, QC

Edited by QuiteContrary

Oops, Sorry. Yes. You are so very right. Thanks Quite Contrary

• Like 1

I thought the same thing Eyeball-Kid. It's kind of like, you've been grounded all of your life in the Norm...

I tried to read this but it's over two thousand words in single paragraph.

• Like 1

Being able to articulate the written word into an easily readable and coherent thought chain, is not everyone's strong suit. Misspelled word, bad grammar, poor sentence structure, a lack of meaningful adjectives, a lack of cadence and rhythm are pretty much par for the course. Just try getting through what he's trying to get across without getting all uppity about being a grammar-Nazis.

Goodness knows we have enough of that as it is and it detracts from the board's stated purpose.

• Like 1

LOL! My sincere apology to all who've understandably been unable to read my one paragraph story. My mind operates in a manner that enables me to leave off reading at a particular word, go do someting else, and then come back to immediately begin reading again at the very next word within the many hundreds or even thousands surrounding it. Usually without any searching. It's an odd trait bordering on the savant. Did I spell that correctly? Oh well, you get what I'm trying to convey. LOL.

I'll attempt to transfer my story of the event just mentioned to another thread that I will start exclusively on the subject. Maybe I'll even try to restructure the story into easily followed paragraphs. This is certainly going to be a challenge for me, as my old high school English teacher, Miss Evans, was well aware of! I'll try not to butcher the King's English either, although I'm not very worried that I will.

The most interesting, and I think compelling story, is what I experienced one night in Belize while I was 40 miles from any other member of our expedition, I hope that you find it interesting as well. Thanks!

Edited by Whitedog333

LOL! My sincere apology to all who've understandably been unable to read my one paragraph story. My mind operates in a manner that enables me to leave off reading at a particular word, go do someting else, and then come back to immediately begin reading again at the very next word within the many hundreds or even thousands surrounding it. Usually without any searching. It's an odd trait bordering on the savant. Did I spell that correctly? Oh well, you get what I'm trying to convey. LOL.

I'll attempt to transfer my story of the event just mentioned to another thread that I will start exclusively on the subject. Maybe I'll even try to restructure the story into easily followed paragraphs. This is certainly going to be a challenge for me, as my old high school English teacher, Miss Evans, was well aware of! I'll try not to butcher the King's English either, although I'm not very worried that I will.

The most interesting, and I think compelling story, is what I experienced one night in Belize while I was 40 miles from any other member of our expedition, I hope that you find it interesting as well. Thanks!

Looking forward to reading it!

Hey, just hit "enter" twice after about every 10-12 sentences...lol

I hope you explain where you were there, too.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

who is he to kill it if he finds it in the first place, if such creature existed wouldn't it be instamatically become an endangered species because there would be only a known population of 1. I hope he gets thrown in jail for either fraud or for wiping out an endangered species. both would be a nice kick in the butt for a lying sack of crap like that.

Edited by chopmo

Hey, I run across one and I'm armed I'm shooting it. You have to have proof they're real before you can call them endangered.

• Like 1