Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pizza Hut driver demoted for fighting attack.

pallidin

I understand the company policy because allowing delivery guys to fend off attackers just would end in having to arm all delivery personnel. Giving them the purse is cheaper.

Oh, so I can't defend myself against aggressive attackers just because of "policy"? BS.

That driver was confronted by a group, not a lone person in a bank with a threatening note.

I would EASILY call a VERY reasonable suspicion of imminent personal bodily harm, especially after he was punched in the face.

Read the article.

• Like 2

Most companies of a policy like that, because you can get killed fighting off an attacker. Just give them the money.

The thing I found most interesting is that one can actually be demoted from delivery guy.

sure can, delivery guy on foot, delivery guy on bicycle and motorized delivery guy :devil:

• Like 1

I understand the company policy because allowing delivery guys to fend off attackers just would end in having to arm all delivery personnel. Giving them the purse is cheaper.

I can understand giving them the purse, but a lot of times criminals attack first to surprise the victim, then they take whatever they want. In that situation, the victim has every right to defend himself in any means possible and shouldn't be punished for it. If someone walks up to you and tries to punch you in the face, then attemps to take your wallet...it's time to kick their ass. The initial attack itself warrants a physical response.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 3

That's F@#KING typical. :td:

I can understand giving them the purse, but a lot of times criminals attack first to surprise the victim, then they take whatever they want. In that situation, the victim has every right to defend himself in any means possible and shouldn't be punished for it. If someone walks up to you and tries to punch you in the face, then attemps to take your wallet...it's time to kick their ass. The initial attack itself warrants a physical response.

Which is exactly what happened. Spot on.

The thing I found most interesting is that one can actually be demoted from delivery guy.

I know, sounds strange, but...

From what I understand, a delivery guy can make MORE money than kitchen staff 'cause of tips.

Much like a waitress can actually earn more than an assistant manager of a resteraunt.

BTW, I used to work at a Pizza Hut, kitchen staff not delivery.

And what they drivers told me while having a smoke was that it was reasonable money.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 1

No their money isn't worth fighting over, just mine but If your attacked before the demand of money is made you should be able to defend yourself. If a driver can't carry something of their own there is always the jack handle. To me the job should come with hazard pay and if they really care about the safety of these drivers they shouldn't send them out alone.

• Like 1

So once you put that uniform on, you're representing the company. No doubt if things got ugly and one of the younger attackers were seriously hurt or killed, we would be seeing an article about how much of an angel they are. In turn it wouldn't look good on the company.

I think he should be able to defend himself. But when I worke in a fast food place if anyone threatened you or anything you should just give them the money. Anything more and call security. Since he didn't have the further option here, perhaps he thought physical harm was the attackers priority and responded with such.

I think those who demoted him and decide his fate should have an experience or two being attacked by a group of people.

When people go around in groups like these, sometimes pack mentality can make them do things they wouldn't normally do. Especially against an outnumbered opponent. I've never been in a fight before, but I've been chased a few times. Once by about 15-20 people. I wasn't going to hang around. And if they did catch me, you can be sure id fight for my life and with whatever I could find and in any way I could.

• Like 1