Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Laundry Washing ghost

Lupa92

I haven't posted here in a while (no wifi :( ) but I am visiting my parents house (wifi :) ) so if I don't respond or anything that's why. Now to my story!

So about 6 months back I moved into an apartment. I live with my best friend and her boyfriend. It's a nice little set-up. The rent is good and we only pay for electricity the heat and water are on our landlord. One of the nice things is the former tenant left her washing machine and drier. This has saved us quit a bit of money. The washer works wonderfully, the drier however, could use a new heating element. The only time I've ever had a problem with the washer was one rather spooky incident. I had a set of bed sheets that I had washed. I forgot about them for a week (gross I know) So when I remembered, I decided that I would rewash them and dry them that night after work. When I arrived home I was happy to see that my roommate had already put my sheets in the drier. I asked her if she remembered to rewash them before drying them. She gave me a puzzled look. I explained to her that she had to rewash them before drying (to remove any nasties they picked up from being wet for a week). She responded "I know what your saying, but why are you asking when your the one who had them washing when I got home?" Now I was confused. I hadn't done anything to the sheets for a week. Apparently when she got home the machine was full of WARM soapy water and the sheets were still there. Neither one of us had an explanation. We hadn't been home, neither had her boyfriend (he can't use a washing machine anyway.) Now I suppose the machine possibly never drained but that wouldn't explain why the water was still warm. And I have never had any problems with the machine before. Needless to say it was a strange incident. And coupled with other odd events at our house it seems sort of....paranormal? I wont say it was undoubtedly a ghost but I cannot explain it. (unless our neighbors like doing our laundry and you never know...) Anyways it was an interesting little incident feel free to drop your hypothesis or just add some insight! :D

Edited by Lupa92

Looks like you forgot to post your story!

• Like 2

Yeeeeees! my computer is a little cranky today and i'm not too alert

• Like 2

Maybe you forgot that you rewashed your sheets too.

• Like 1

Is you washer and dryer in a community area where other people in the apartment have access to it? If so, maybe you had a neighbor being nice, or grossed out, or wanting to use your machine and couldn't cuz you had sheets in there for a week.

If only you and your room mates have access to the machines, dunno what to tell ya. Is it possible you started the load and forgot?

What rashore said,otherwise ,keep putting wash out,and let the ghost do it :)

• Like 1

:yes: OK...wow...I did have myself a little laugh after reading the title to your story, but as I read on, I could see that this incident really had you wondering and thinking about who may have possibly helped you with the wash. You also mentioned other odd events occurring in the apartment without going into detail about anything further.

Since some occurrences may be accompanied with knocking or banging on walls, shadows seen out of the corner of your eye, turning door knobs, flickering lights, scratching on doors, objects moving out of place, footsteps going down the hallway, or just an all out appearance or manifestation of something before your very eyes, etc., I guess I'm gonna have to accept the real possibility of "one" of them who enjoys tinkering around with washing machines too. They'll do whatever it takes to get one's attention, and as long as it sticks to just doing your laundry without touching or filling your heart and mind with fear, you have nothing to worry about. :tu: God Bless, and thanks for sharing your haunted laundry ghost with me....

Edited by NiteMarcher