Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 3
Jor-el

Unalienable rights, do they actually exist?

32 posts in this topic

Thats what I hear. Dont belive in it however.

We need more like you around.

Doh fine then the only one we have is liberty. Free-will/Choice That is unalienable. Even as a slave you have choices.

Rather though I'll keep my life as unalienable for the sake of my sanity. Considering that is what I consider what life is. The ability to make choices.

Just remember even if something is a law or at the point of the barrel.. it is your choice that decides if you do something or not. That they can't take away from you. Ever

Edited by Jinxdom

Doh fine then the only one we have is liberty. Free-will/Choice That is unalienable. Even as a slave you have choices.

Rather though I'll keep my life as unalienable for the sake of my sanity. Considering that is what I consider what life is. The ability to make choices.

Just remember even if something is a law or at the point of the barrel.. it is your choice that decides if you do something or not. That they can't take away from you. Ever

So the only real unalienable right is Free-will/Choice? All others are illusions that are based on a collective agreement that can be broken at any time?

What about "all men are equal", is that an unalienble right?

Or is that also a self illusion being that we are only equal when the full text is declared "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights"

What I mean is, those rights are not actually inherent, they were given to us by our creator. In that sense, we are all equal yes, but in the eyes of God, not in each others eyes.

Edited by Jor-el

Your rights are dictated. Simple. god or goverment doesnt matter they are told to us.

Yet one can Choose to obey or not according to our own perception of what those laws do to us. If we consider them unjust we can choose not to obey them, That choice cannot be taken from us ever.

Yet one can Choose to obey or not according to our own perception of what those laws do to us. If we consider them unjust we can choose not to obey them, That choice cannot be taken from us ever.

The dead can't make that choice.

The dead can't make that choice.

The dead don't count for anything. The dead do not exist anymore.

All men are created equal is true because we all have the ability to make a choice.

Problem with that is people like to botch up the meaning of words like men and people to exclude people from the group.