Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do you Support Assad

the-Unexpected-Soul

who seek a real freedom for syria ?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. who do you support in syria

• Assad Party and his allies
    • Opposition and the free syrian army
    • Not Decided

Many here on UM from the UK and Europe poo poo the idea of an armed insurrection being possible in the US. Their logic being that the weaponry of our military is so overwhelming that small arms would be useless. Insurrections by their nature are asymmetric affairs though. Ask the Afghans and Iraqis.....

Or the Syrians. Or Hezbollah. Or the Polish.

Some don't think that small weapons can attack military bases and acquire heavy weapons, or that mass defections will bleed out of the military, or that our leaders can be kidnapped, executed with a single bullet, that our political centers of power can be targeted with terrorist attacks. You'd think after 9/11 people would respect the power of a box cutter, but rifles and pistols, still not so much. Scared to death of guns on a personal level, but they think government is unassailable.

When I finish getting my .50 cal heavy machine gun mounted on the back of my pickup truck, and you guys bring the rocket launchers that we talked about earlier, let's go out and see how gingerly our government treats us when we don't hand over our weapons. When the giant house of cards comes tumbling down in America and some people actually turn violent against their government, will the rest of our people believe their government is saving them from "the terrorists" still?

Assad is only protecting him self, every time some of his forces are hit, he aim at the nearest city and start bombing randomly and then the dead civilians they call them terrorists,he want the people to beg the FSA to stop fighting him because he is un able to defeat them, his actions is what forced the people to fight him with weapons, the people can't accept his existence any more let alone being our president, the people at first wasn't calling for his removal, but his mindless behaviors is what pushed the people into fighting

Assad is only protecting him self, every time some of his forces are hit, he aim at the nearest city and start bombing randomly and then the dead civilians they call them terrorists,he want the people to beg the FSA to stop fighting him because he is un able to defeat them, his actions is what forced the people to fight him with weapons, the people can't accept his existence any more let alone being our president, the people at first wasn't calling for his removal, but his mindless behaviors is what pushed the people into fighting

It was how many people Assad was killing that changed your mind to oppose him, if I remember right.

KoS disappeared soon after it was announced that Assad was cutting Syria's internet access. Do you know why you're still able to get online? Don't reveal your exact location for your own safety, btw. I just wonder if you have an idea why.

It was how many people Assad was killing that changed your mind to oppose him, if I remember right.

KoS disappeared soon after it was announced that Assad was cutting Syria's internet access. Do you know why you're still able to get online? Don't reveal your exact location for your own safety, btw. I just wonder if you have an idea why.

yes exactly, it became now crystal clear who is targeting and bombing civilians, it's Assad forces, at first i accepted that he lead the Democracy movement so we could transfare peacefully, but now i understand that he don't deserve to be in office for a minute.

i'm not in syria right now, but they still have internet access at least the city where my family are.

• Like 1

Many here on UM from the UK and Europe poo poo the idea of an armed insurrection being possible in the US. Their logic being that the weaponry of our military is so overwhelming that small arms would be useless. Insurrections by their nature are asymmetric affairs though. Ask the Afghans and Iraqis.....

Urban warfare is difficult to fight against no matter how technically advanced you are because you cant tell which are your citizens and which are insurgents. No army in history has beaten an insurgency unless they've massacred everyone like the Mongols or Romans used to do.

Urban warfare is difficult to fight against no matter how technically advanced you are because you cant tell which are your citizens and which are insurgents. No army in history has beaten an insurgency unless they've massacred everyone like the Mongols or Romans used to do.

Um the American civil war?

Um the American civil war?

Didnt the Americans win that?

Werent the American rebels the insurgents?

Edited by Mr Right Wing

Guys can we have a Middle East thread that doesn't derail into how evil the American government is? :P

It is kind of a predictable outcome.... but it gets boring.

Too bad people can't just sit down and talk out problems and differences. Meeting rooms have no use!

If the suggested meeting room was set on truly neutral ground, with serious safety guarantees for both parties, then maybe they’d attend.

Last I’ve heard were Russians inviting rebels to talks with Assad’s people - in Russia. No wonder they declined.

this is my cousin home, they randomly shelled the city today (one of the bombs fell on his house) in revenge for an operation that the FSA made against a military base

and in the media they said that the army is bombing the bases of the terrorists, and it's plain lies, as my cousin is more of a nerd than a fighter and he have nothing to do with the FSA and he still lives there

481148_511107418920950_299301770_n.jpg

Too bad people can't just sit down and talk out problems and differences. Meeting rooms have no use!

Hasina you have brilliant mind. :yes:

Hasina you have brilliant mind. :yes:

I know right?! No one else could've brainstormed such an idea :o Okay I'm totally joshing.

The problem I see is that there's always 'sides', no one's seen as 'neutral'.

this is my cousin home, they randomly shelled the city today (one of the bombs fell on his house) in revenge for an operation that the FSA made against a military base

and in the media they said that the army is bombing the bases of the terrorists, and it's plain lies, as my cousin is more of a nerd than a fighter and he have nothing to do with the FSA and he still lives there

481148_511107418920950_299301770_n.jpg

There's nothing else like it happening to us personally that we finally figure out how wrong it truly is. It's sickening that thanks to a renegade vote/veto in the UN, this tyrannical violence can continue and yet that's the political charade that's gone on for generations with your next door neighbor. I hope you and your family aren't so unfortunate as to have to live in perpetual danger for too much longer.

How does one remain neutral when bomb hits their house?

How do you negotiate with psychopath mass murderer that has engaged an army against the people?

Isn't being neutral in such situation (situation that involves true terrorism on rejected president part) actually clearly taking a side? More destructive side?

More then half dont support FSA which is proof that UM is home of smart and clever people.

How the hell do you know that? "Not decided" could mean that people don't care, 50/50 where they think both sides have good grounds.

it does not say they don't support FSA or Assad

More then half dont support FSA which is proof that UM is home of smart and clever people.

If you want to generalise about the survey, the most you can say is that over 88% have failed to come out and support Assad for one reason or another.

Why we are at it though - don't imply levels of intelligence attributed to a particular view point, that's flame baiting.

Neither Assad nor the FSA have my support, the first is the tipical "enlighted" dictator in his final hour, and the latter is too fractious and muslim-radical ridden to be able of creating a true and good govermtn for the Syrian people. Very bad situation.

Neither Assad nor the FSA have my support, the first is the tipical "enlighted" dictator in his final hour, and the latter is too fractious and muslim-radical ridden to be able of creating a true and good govermtn for the Syrian people. Very bad situation.

Bad situation, absolutely yes, but it’s not hopeless – in my opinion, of course.

What makes me optimistic (rather elastic definition of optimism required) is Libya.

They had their own ordeal of similar kind and now it’s not as gloomy as it was predicted.

Details on the link:

http://www.aljazeera...2420473906.html

Edit: spelling... twice :lol:

Edited by Helen of Annoy

There's nothing else like it happening to us personally that we finally figure out how wrong it truly is.

this is the most important thing, i know what are the motives of the FSA fighters, it became an easy choice to make and to fight when you know 100% who is your enemy

and you are 100% sure that he is guilty

It's sickening that thanks to a renegade vote/veto in the UN, this tyrannical violence can continue and yet that's the political charade that's gone on for generations with your next door neighbor

well i still don't know about NATO, i still think that we should do it on our own

I hope you and your family aren't so unfortunate as to have to live in perpetual danger for too much longer.

Thanks

i think they are way better than Assad

Why we are at it though - don't imply levels of intelligence attributed to a particular view point, that's flame baiting.

Okay, that was me out of order there. I apologize.

I got carried away by results.

Edited by the L
  • Like 1

i think they are way better than Assad

In what way, Shape, or form are they better than assad? What future do you forsee for syria? Will it be better than the assad run regime(before the whole revolution)? Will these supposed freedom fighters bring back stability and prosperty to the country?

P.s I apoligise for the grammer and spelling im using my phone -_-

Edited by .AKUMA.