Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Scientology 'space cathedral' located ?

Saru

Two huge symbols etched in to the New Mexico desert floor are said to mark the site of a secret bunker.

A secret bunker hidden deep within the deserts of New Mexico is reported to be the "alien space cathedral" of the Church of Scientology, according to a BBC reporter.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

Ok..;) Just because this is within a proximity of a private Scientology airstrip does nothing to prove to me these wackjobs have any water to their claims. Hogwash in my opinion. Good find tho. : )

You can't beat pure speculation for obtaining facts.

• Like 1

Who owns the actual land, have witnesses seen any earth moving equipment in the area being used to sculpt that image, and has anybody actually bothered to go and have a poke around, get turned away by "someone" and then ask for their identity or ask local police who they believe owns it?

I wouldn't put it past the church of scientology, they have enough money to accomplish such a thing...but, as to the reason they built it? I don't think the officers of the church really believe they will be flying away in space ships to avoid Armageddon, then come back when its safe. More likely it's an elaborate bunker for them to hide out for whatever reason.

If the bunker does exist I'm sure the access would be underground and none would be the wiser as to when it's being visited and it is such a strange and secretive cult that I'm sure there are some unsavory things going on. I'm sure we'll be hearing a lot more about them and hopefully its about the absolving of the church.

Is this airstrip capable of handling the Xenu Space Plane?

scient_zps62a88f4c.png

• Like 2

Unless an alien suddenly pops right outta the sky and says so, they'll never have enough evidence to validate their claims.

If anything, their entire foundation and belief system is proof enough that it's a load of bull. They can find a million "bunkers" in my opinion and yet they'll still just be bunch of ninneys.

in defence of them many people belive in the bible it to me is also hogwash but people can choose what they want to belive and thats ok at least scentology is less dangerous than the bible because its contained

in defence of them many people belive in the bible it to me is also hogwash but people can choose what they want to belive and thats ok at least scentology is less dangerous than the bible because its contained

Yup, both are cults. Both ask your followers to believe some fantastic stories. however, I have a feeling that the officers of the Church of Scientology do not believe what they ask their followers to believe. and, unlike Christianity, Scientology was founded by a fiction writer. The Bible is a collection of testimonies from unknown authors throughout time that have been put together by someone who thought it sounded like it could Control people and has been convoluted and diluted by a couple millennia of paraphrasing.

So, yeah, they both suck.

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 1

I've heard of this place, I think its called Dulce Base...And from what conspiracy theorists say is a "Join Gov/Alien Base" with I think 7-8 or more underground levels-the farther down, the higher the security apparently.

This is actually "renewed" UFO/Conspiracy news.

Its pretty much a "Above Top Secret" underground base with unseen high security...by which I mean blast doors, cameras, motions sensors,ect. with the addition of armed Human & Alien personal...suicide mission anyone?

I am a bit curious about the level nicknamed "Nightmare Hall"...spooky isn't it?

The symbols seen on the desert floor are reportedly there to help guide Scientologists returning to Earth after fleeing the planet to escape a future "Armageddon," writes the Daily Mail.

Because if you had the technology to go into space to flee Earth, you would need drawings on the ground to find where you left your home?.........Wow.

• Like 3

Trementina Base

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

Coordinates: 17px-WMA_button2b.png35°31′28.56″N 104°34′20.20″W

200px-Scientology_Trementina.jpg

magnify-clip.pngTrementina Base (center)

Trementina Base is the popular designation for a property of the Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) near Trementina, New Mexico.

Contents

Overview

According to the CST, an entity formed to manage the Church of Scientology's copyright affairs, the purpose of the base is to provide storage space for an archiving project to preserve Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard's writings, films and recordings for future generations. Hubbard's texts have been engraved on stainless steel tablets and encased in titanium capsules underground. The project began in the late 1980s.[1]

The base includes a number of dwellings and the archives themselves, the latter in a network of underground tunnels. The base also has its own private, concrete airstrip, the San Miguel Ranch Airport (NM53).

History

The property history of Trementina Base is complex. The Federal Register shows that CST has owned two properties in the same area at different times. The one they originally built the underground vault on, between 1986 to 1992, was traded to the U.S. government on 24 August 1992:[this quote needs a citation]

• Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management Number: G-910-G3-0006-4210-04; NMNM 83264

• The United States issued an exchange conveyance document to the Church of Spiritual Technology, a California corporation, on August 24, 1992, for the surface estate in the following described land in San Miguel County, New Mexico, pursuant to section 206 of the Act of October 21, 1976 (43 U.S.C. 1716).

• New Mexico Principal Meridian T. 15 N., R. 22 E. ...Containing 400.00 acres (1.6187 km2).

• In exchange for the land described above, the Church of Spiritual Technology conveyed to the United States the surface estate in the following described land located in San Miguel County, New Mexico:

• New Mexico Principal Meridian T. 17 N., R. 23 E. ...Containing 400.00 acres (1.6187 km2).

• The values of the Federal public land and the non-Federal land in the exchange were appraised at $28,000.00. The public interest was served through the completion of this exchange.

This image shows the two parcels of land in New Mexico:

Trementina2.jpg

According to a June 1992 Claims Court ruling [2][3] CST had purchased the original site in 1986 for $250,976, then had invested millions [4] in building an underground vault on the property. But the Federal Register record says both properties were valued at only $28,000 at the time of the land swap in August 1992. However footage from KRQE TV shows the presence of a vault built into the mountainside between the runway and the CST logo.[5]

Aerial symbols

Scientology_Trementina_Sub.jpg

magnify-clip.pngTrementina markings, including the Church of Spiritual Technology symbol.

An aerial photograph showing the base's enormous Scientology symbols on the ground caused media interest and broke the story in November 2005. According to a Washington Post report, the Church's first reaction was to attempt to suppress the information:

The church tried to persuade station KRQE not to air its report last week about the aerial signposts marking a Scientology compound that includes a huge vault "built into a mountainside," the station said on its Web site. ... Based in Los Angeles, the corporation dispatched an official named Jane McNairn and an attorney to visit the TV station in an effort to squelch the story, KRQE news director Michelle Donaldson said.

The church offered a tour of the underground facility if KRQE would kill the piece, the station said in its newscast. Scientology also called KRQE’s owner, Emmis Communications, and “sought the help of a powerful New Mexican lawmaker” to lobby against airing the piece, the station reported on its Web site.

The huge symbols on the base, distinguishable only from an aerial view ([7] 35°31'28.56"N 104°34'20.20"W), are specifically those of Scientology's Church of Spiritual Technology.[8] Former members of the Church have said that the symbol marks a "return point" for Scientologists to help find Hubbard's works when they travel here in the future from other places in the universe.[9]

Bing Maps

Other locations

Reportedly, two similar bases maintained by the Church of Spiritual Technology are located in Petrolia, California (40°22'11.53"N 124°19'57.16"W), and Creston, California (35°27'12.29"N 120°29'59.20"W),[1] both for archiving permanent backups of Hubbard's every written and spoken word.[1] Internal Revenue Service records show that Scientologists spent $13 million in 1992 to preserve Hubbard's fiction and non-fiction writings on 1.8 million stainless steel discs, and recorded his lectures on 187,000 nickel records. The Church of Spiritual Technology symbol also appears at the Petrolia location and in the middle of a track at the ranch in Creston, California where L. Ron Hubbard died.[10]

Bing Maps

Edited by Sakari

I've heard of this place, I think its called Dulce Base...And from what conspiracy theorists say is a "Join Gov/Alien Base" with I think 7-8 or more underground levels-the farther down, the higher the security apparently.

This is actually "renewed" UFO/Conspiracy news.

Its pretty much a "Above Top Secret" underground base with unseen high security...by which I mean blast doors, cameras, motions sensors,ect. with the addition of armed Human & Alien personal...suicide mission anyone?

I am a bit curious about the level nicknamed "Nightmare Hall"...spooky isn't it?

Dulce is in northern New Mexico close to the Jicarilla Apache reservation. Roswell is in the southern part of the state.

Fly.,. Fly away Scientologoop! O.o Mentalnauts! XD

if you go to Google maps and searh for "Mesa Huerfanita" you just scroll up a bit and than right and you see it. (find the airfield and follow the road up.)

• 2 months later...

scientologists spent $13m to preserve hubbard's fiction and non-fiction writings on 1.8 million steel disks.

that's ONE POINT EIGHT MILLION steel disks!

how much sh!te can one looney write??

who was this guy, barbara cartland?!