Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eyes Closed - High Definition animated images

swa528

It started 2 months ago. This happened about 5 times.

#1 I was completely awake laying in bed - with my eyes closed, I vividly saw blocks in a row, each containing a letter or symbol. Some familiar, some unfamiliar. Some written backwards, upside down, etc.

Each would change seemingly random to another character, independent of the others.

I opened and closed my eyes to be sure I was awake and it would still be there.

They last 10-60 seconds.

Then it stopped. Then...

#2 Yesterday, waking, not yet out of bed, eyes closed, I saw what seemed like countless layers of film wrapping around within my eyes, with my eyelids involuntarily fluttering slightly until, when aligned, the streams of color formed a vividly sketched drawing of a stout muscular man. With an emblem on his chest. Not like Superman comic book stuff. Rather lines that formed some symbol. I watched as the picture hovered than the countless streams of film layers began to spin the image away. And it was gone.

It always comes silently. I have no emotional reactions other than intrigue.

I don't imagine grandiose possibilities like "it could be psychic messages from planet XYZ" or "my third eye is opening and I am being given a message from an great astral being" kind of stuff. No disrespect meant there for those who believe in those kind of phenomana. It just doesn't appear to be that type of thing.

But what is it? The images are SO vivid and so inarguably not imagined phenomena.

Background: For what it is worth, I have always paid attention to the colors and blobs when I close my eyes. We all have those vague temporary pins and rods reaction to light when we close our eyes. Just look at a lightbulb for 2 seconds then close your eyes. Those are like fading negative images and very normal.

This is not normal. It is hi-definition animated images within my closed eyes.

Any ideas?

Edited by swa528

How old are you ?

It sounds like your third eye is kicking in .

I am 40 years old. I have had minor psychic experiences before, which I tell no one about. Though I would share on a forum like this if of value or asked to.

Simbi, if you are familiar with this, please help me understand the 3rd eye factor. While I am careful not to assume grandiose conclusions, I also do not eliminate possibilities just because they sound far-fetched.

And anyone, please comment.

Edited by swa528
  • Like 1

hai, i dont know what it is ..but i can say similar topic's been reported before in this same website..like:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=205475

and seen much more on other sites.. Have a quick look everywhere. Probable reasons can be found.. It cant be specifically answered.. Most of us call it .. (whispering): T..He ..unexplai..nables......

just kidding.. (:E| (a smiley came to me looking at my teeth in the mirror)

I don't imagine grandiose possibilities like "it could be psychic messages from planet XYZ" or "my third eye is opening and I am being given a message from an great astral being" kind of stuff. No disrespect meant there for those who believe in those kind of phenomana. It just doesn't appear to be that type of thing.

Then you most likely won't like my perspective, but what you describe could be something you are equally clueless about, because of your pre conceived notions. Firstly there is nothing grandiose about the third eye opening so get over it, that is just how the ego sees it, it is a natural state/occurrence that mankind has lost touch with more than anything. Secondly, imo to have an experience like this, you were perceiving energy through your third eyesight, and what you were shown was an entity trying to communicate it's colours and symbol status to you. This translates in lay terms as a entity trying to show you it's origins / team/ side agenda/ intention. It's a visual communication.

Describe the symbol and which colours exactly?

blu3 de 3n3rgy and all others interested:

Actually I do like and respect your answer. I will be over-joyed if this turns out to be something connected to any type of entity, information or being outside of my own imagination.

When posting my original entry, I forgot who my 'audience' is: For most of my life, those around me, would respond to any mention of my psychic, clairvoyant or 3rd-eye experiences as non-sense, just shrug and joke it away. If I could edit my original entry I would restate it as "I am not assuming or excluding any possibilities of what this might be - be it easily explained by science or a complete mystery."

You asked me to describe it more precisely. I would be happy to and just f.y.i., I feel a lot of positive energy inside and feel honored that someone is actually interested. So, thank you.

I will now describe them as clearly as possible.

So far, there have been two differing experiences of this. One had repeated on 4-6 different occurrences. The 2nd has, to date, happened once and is the most recent.

EXPERIENCE TYPE #1: Around 8-10 blocks (I don't remember how many) appeared, all at the same time. Each appearing to be made of wood, with wood grain surfaces. Each holds one clear symbol, appearing to be carved out of the wood. The detail of patterns and the imperfections of chopping 3-D wooden blocks is amazingly sharp and fine tuned.

THE SYMBOLS: some are familiar alpha-numeric. Others are basic though unfamiliar to me. Of the alpha-numerics, some were positioned as we normally do in writing. Some upside-down. Some backwards. Some both. I can not say if the foreign symbols were positioned normally because, well, they are unfamiliar.

THE ANIMATION: Each block, seemingly at random, or as if someone was thinking and trying to figure out a correct combination - would change the symbol, or the symbol's position. The animation was as real as watching a tree blow in the wind. Sometimes animating the symbol only, sometimes rotating the block to display a new symbol or position.

Of all the experiences, none of them resulted in any familiar in-Enligsh words.

EXPERiENCE #2: A silver, 3-D metallic block with a flat surface appears. It's shape is basic and symmetrical, yet not a square, triangle, etc. Curved edges. Within it is a human, male, full-body silhouette carved out. He is muscular and/or husky. He does not remind me of any individual person. There is a line carved out encircling him that follows along equal-distant from the symbol's edge, within the symbol. The man's stance is one of a confident strong person. He had an emblem on his chest the same shape as the emblem he was present within. However that emblem had ~5 lines coming down then branched off to the left or right. They were of the same metal color, as if slightly carved out designs.

While the man nor the symbol became animated like the squares or their symbols, the whole emblem was moving very slightly, as if hovering. Oh, and when it appeared, my eyes fluttered and it was like layers of films strips winding around my eyes until they are aligned to show the image.

I was definitely awake. And they are definitely as crystal clear and illuminated as life with open eyes mid-day and better than 20-20 vision.

This entry is encroaching on being "very long." So I will encapsulate the rest:

I have had a couple other psychic type experiences and know of my mother having some. I remember many years ago, being in the back seat of my father's SUV, extremely angry with my step-mother who was sitting in the passenger seat. I flinched, furling my forehead and did something that felt like a ball of energy shoot from my 3rd eye area. Her head instantly shot forward and she looked back at me, wide-eyed as if I had hit her, only to see my arms at my sides, clearly unmoved. Other experiences vary from correctly feeling someone's emotional state change without physical signs, and on and on.

I very much hope the closed-eye pictures continue and if applicable, can establish inter-active contact with the origin.

The only action that seems to open or encourage this is flexing a muscle (or two muscles?) located in the mid-line occipital area (back of head equal distance from both ears. Flexing and holding that muscle sends creates an undeniable, significant bodily calming and mental clearing for me. Anyone else exercise this muscle?

Edited by swa528

Hello again,

I feel like this is being communicated just for you. You are obviously a lot more open and receptive than you initially make yourself out to be, which is not your fault, society is harsh about these things in general and i understand what it is like until you reach that point where you feel more secure about being who you are.

I don't want to interfere with what you are getting but may i hint that what your seeing logo/ emblem wise is not something external to you, but part of you on another level. Your perceiving perhaps you or a very very close aspect such as a guide which is allowed to be this close in consciousness to you, through a higher perception.

I remember many years ago, being in the back seat of my father's SUV, extremely angry with my step-mother who was sitting in the passenger seat. I flinched, furling my forehead and did something that felt like a ball of energy shoot from my 3rd eye area. Her head instantly shot forward and she looked back at me, wide-eyed as if I had hit her, only to see my arms at my sides, clearly unmoved. Other experiences vary from correctly feeling someone's emotional state change without physical signs, and on and on.

This made me laugh, yep you transmitted energy there. Anyway, feel free to inbox me if you have any questions.

It started 2 months ago. This happened about 5 times.

#1 I was completely awake laying in bed - with my eyes closed, I vividly saw blocks in a row, each containing a letter or symbol. Some familiar, some unfamiliar. Some written backwards, upside down, etc.

Each would change seemingly random to another character, independent of the others.

I opened and closed my eyes to be sure I was awake and it would still be there.

They last 10-60 seconds.

Then it stopped. Then...

#2 Yesterday, waking, not yet out of bed, eyes closed, I saw what seemed like countless layers of film wrapping around within my eyes, with my eyelids involuntarily fluttering slightly until, when aligned, the streams of color formed a vividly sketched drawing of a stout muscular man. With an emblem on his chest. Not like Superman comic book stuff. Rather lines that formed some symbol. I watched as the picture hovered than the countless streams of film layers began to spin the image away. And it was gone.

It always comes silently. I have no emotional reactions other than intrigue.

But what is it? The images are SO vivid and so inarguably not imagined phenomena.

Background: For what it is worth, I have always paid attention to the colors and blobs when I close my eyes. We all have those vague temporary pins and rods reaction to light when we close our eyes. Just look at a lightbulb for 2 seconds then close your eyes. Those are like fading negative images and very normal.

This is not normal. It is hi-definition animated images within my closed eyes.

Any ideas?

Yup. In brainwave terminology, you were experiencing theta imagery. I would listen to some of the advice given here. The other side of existence, the part of the iceberg under the water, can only be perceived in highly contextual imagery.

What stood out to me is that in both the instances you are referring to, you are in bed laying with your eyes closed. I believe the brain can generate many different sorts of illusory or hallucinatory experiences when you are in between consciousness and unconsciousness; I've personally only experienced sleep paralysis and occasionally have the sensation of hearing a lot of sounds in the background while I'm falling asleep, but I have heard of people having vivid daydreams also. I may not be the person to ask though as I don't know what 'the third eye' is specifically defined to be, nor what 'the other side of existence, the part of the iceberg under water' specifically refers to.

Thanks for the responses. "The iceberg under the water" is a common metaphor for our unconscious minds.

Perhaps this link ins't ideal to explain it but you will get the idea.

iceburgeaglektp.jpg

Blu3 d3 3nergy,

I will write you directly.

Yes the ball of energy thing made me smile too once I realized what happened.

At the time, I was thinking "What the hell is she looking at me like that for?" But watching the anger turn to shock/fear, in the moment, felt great. I felt bad about it later. I wish I could gain better choice of when that kind of stuff happens. Sure would be useful. :)

Just thought I'd share... this subject was touched in the Astral Projection FAQs and Techniques thread... it started on page 33, and continues from there. Some good conversation, information, etc, if you're interested. Also a great place for sharing/questions/etc, as well, as there are more on here interested, and learning.

Thanks for the responses. "The iceberg under the water" is a common metaphor for our unconscious minds.

Perhaps this link ins't ideal to explain it but you will get the idea.

Thanks swa528, that was what I thought was being referred to by the iceberg under the water. Thanks for taking the trouble to post the pic and your response does help define what the other side of existence being referred to actually is.

I hope you don't mind me offering a different viewpoint, but even with fully acknowledging that I don't know what some of the terms being used here actually refer to, I don't know that the possibilities being offered are the most likely explanations, in my admittedly, potentially uneducated opinion. If your HD visualizations are your unconscious mind trying to communicate something perhaps to your conscious mind internally, I think that's fascinating, what a unique experience. I'm glad that you mentioned that you are primarily just intrigued and it is not a frightening experience or anything; like I said I've had sleep paralysis in the past and the first few times it happened I wouldn't call the experiences pleasant.

I guess it's when the possibilities go more external that I have my doubts, specifically the possibility of communication with some external entity and the transmission of the 'ball of energy' as you put it that affects other people. It is of course entirely possible that these are what has occurred but if that was the case, and I don't think I'm exaggerating here, either of these may be the greatest discovery in history if actually true. It seems as if the possibility that these experiences have merely been misinterpreted, something that everyone on earth does to some extent or another including myself, is much more likely than something of that magnitude. I've had weird experiences also and I've also misinterpreted them even though I pretty much confine myself to more physical explanations; it would seem the possibility of misinterpretation then would be that much greater if I tended to include also other potential paranormal or supernatural (neither of those descriptors may be accurate, maybe it's best termed 'psychic'?) explanations that are by their nature not well understood.

Not trying to be a buzzkill, and although I didn't see any notice of it I know that some forums here at UM are not places for debate or dispute, so I apologize in advance if I've crossed those lines and please just remove this post if so.

I dont think you crossed any lines... It's a natural response to look externally, in order to solve problems/look for answers. However, that doesn't mean that you cannot look internally. When you do, it might just lead somewhere completely unexpected. :tu:

Liquid Gardens - No worries. Yet that is why I don't tell people about these experiences because I can not repeat them at will. So the premiss for scientific view is not there: no repeatable, quantifiable cause and effect. Your paralysis issue sounds like a neurological issue. Have you seen a neurologist?

As far as energy transfer, I do know that that is measurable and repeatable, just not in the way I experienced it, that I know of.

All that said, the choice I have made is to observe without judgement - not dismissing it has 'just my imagination' and not working hard into the night to hone a skill of sending energy balls from my forehead. :)

Liquid Gardens - No worries. Yet that is why I don't tell people about these experiences because I can not repeat them at will. So the premiss for scientific view is not there: no repeatable, quantifiable cause and effect.

I agree with you it's not repeatable, but it does seem to have a quantifiable effect; if your step-mother felt like she was struck or felt something when the ball of energy was transmitted, that should be to some extent quantifiable. It's obviously difficult to study since it's not repeatable, but science can be used to analyze one-time events also; science has provided a information on the Tunguska fireball (a large meteor flattening surrounding trees that occurred almost a century ago) even though we can't repeat that event.

Your paralysis issue sounds like a neurological issue. Have you seen a neurologist?

Sleep paralysis is more mundane than it sounds and somewhat common, I'm not aware of it being indicative of an underlying neurological problem. I believe the theory is that when you sleep your brain essentially turns off your control of your physical body while you sleep, otherwise you would actually move when you do things in dreams I believe, and sleep paralysis is just where you wake up suddenly and are temporarily paralyzed until that switch turns on again. I haven't had it happen in years.

As far as energy transfer, I do know that that is measurable and repeatable, just not in the way I experienced it, that I know of.

I guess I'm skeptical that there is any energy transfer at all. Have you heard of JREF? I believe they are still offering a million dollars to anyone who can demonstrate something like what you are describing, although it is under controlled testing conditions which might not work if it's not repeatable. I guess to me it's telling that not just you, but no one has been able to demonstrate this phenomenon, and I believe there are quite a few people who claim to be able to transmit this type of energy.

All that said, the choice I have made is to observe without judgement - not dismissing it has 'just my imagination' and not working hard into the night to hone a skill of sending energy balls from my forehead. :)

Ha, understood. You gotta admit, it would be pretty cool if we could actually shoot energy balls around at will! Good luck!

Liquid Gardens - No worries. Yet that is why I don't tell people about these experiences because I can not repeat them at will. So the premiss for scientific view is not there: no repeatable, quantifiable cause and effect. Your paralysis issue sounds like a neurological issue. Have you seen a neurologist?

And this is the most reasonable approach to all of it. :) you will learn so much more being neutral and understanding g that physical and metaphysical connect at some point and are really the same thing on a continuum. The debates are really just where the continuum has its origins ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same experience all though i was trying to Astral Project and i got the effect your describing

Okay Guys the last couple of nights i have been trying to Astral project Consciously. However instead of projecting my Astral Body i have been having a different effect. I believe some would call it Remote Viewing, or the opening of my Third Eye. One of the steps i have been using is to lye in my Bed completely still and focus on the Neural Discharges(the little lights that you see when you close your eyes) that come into my line of sight. And then "Project". How ever instead of Projecting when i focus on the Neural Discharges in my eyes they actually became images. And one of the images that i was able to see was my Room in full Detail. I was a bit shocked. And thought to myself how is this possible? I can see my Room in full Detail while my Eyes are shut?I have been doing this for the last couple of nights focusing on the lights and i have been getting some faint images, like i was able to see my computer chair etc., But Last Night i was able to see my whole room as if i were awake.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241312&hl=

Next time you have them write it all down when you do fully wake and open your eyes. Anything you see draw it out. Don't try to make any connections to it yet just let the images come to you! If you want to, even try to continue laying still in bed, don't move and relax as much as possible. Even after the images have dissapeared continue to ONLY lay and relax! Try these then after you've written or drawn everything put it aside. Don't think about it. After the day or maybe even before you go to bed look at what you wrote and drew. Do you see anything? Does anything make sense in ANY way for you. If you get nothing after only a few minutes then put it aside and keep it. Draw anything and everything you get. Maybe after a while you can put them together for yourself?