Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mind Control. It's been here the whole time.

prometheuslocke

I'm fairly certain I am more well versed on Egyptian mythology than you.

If that is true, then you won't mind relating to us ignorant folks here at UM the Horus myth being depicted in the Greek carvings at Dendera. You can start by telling us which figure is Horus.

There is no reason to believe that there is no hidden meaning in the reliefs, however my interpretation is "obvious."

Obvious to people that have no knowledge of Ancient Egypt.

There is no reason to believe that there is no hidden meaning in your post, either. In fact, there is one that I can discern immediately. It is that you have no idea what you're talking about and have realized that not only are you in way over your head, but that you have had this pointed out to you by me.

These are people that told stories with pictures, why don't you look at them and think about it, rather than relying on someone else's opinion.

Sorry, but there's that ignorance again. See, the story is actually told with words, right there on the walls next to the reliefs.

Honestly, if everyone did that we'd have a significant portion of this forum thinking they had incandescent lightbulbs. Oh wait, we probably do.

More hidden meanings from you in that line: "I measure my own intellect using the 'how many people at U-M think like me' yardstick."

Harte

Edited by Harte
  • Like 1

"I occasionally think, how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask is not an alien force already among us?"

Ronald Reagan

Full quote

"And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

Quote mining? I guess the overlords controlling your every action made you do it.

Context - it's not a Texas power company.

Harte

If that is true, then you won't mind relating to us ignorant folks here at UM the Horus myth being depicted in the Greek carvings at Dendera. You can start by telling us which figure is Horus.

They weren't Greek... at this point you should probably stop pretending you are an authority, or even mildly learned in Egyptian history and mythology. Thanks.

I gave you some of my writing on Horus, who by the way is not depicted in the reliefs I've discussed... at all.

There is no reason to believe that there is no hidden meaning in your post, either. In fact, there is one that I can discern immediately. It is that you have no idea what you're talking about and have realized that not only are you in way over your head, but that you have had this pointed out to you by me.

Right back at you.

Edited by prometheuslocke

Full quote

"And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?"

Quote mining? I guess the overlords controlling your every action made you do it.

Context - it's not a Texas power company.

Harte

Right back at you... the quote is pervasive, and you left out the commentary, which is repeated everywhere "The President now tries to retreat from the last bold statement"

Reagan had a long history of both dreams and speeches about an ET alien influence. If one of us is taking him out of context by referencing the "threat of war" (which by the way is anything but alien), it's you.

In addition, you have repeated the same wonderfully counterproductive tactic that you and your friends have done over and over in this thread. You completely ignore two quotes, and then pick at the third, despite being wrong about it, and think you have won the argument. Good job.

Seriously, open your eyes.

I already did. My mind functions independently. I can think whatever I want. Nothing is stopping or controlling my mind other than me.

I can't evaluate the mental abilities for all of society. You can't either.

I can tell you that there is no plausible method of the mind control you're describing and since you have no evidence to dispute that, your theory is unfounded.

Your reason is not a reason, it's called denial.

Your second statement, is an unfounded opinion, which has been disproven time and time again, by science, literature, and history.

This is what I call a "refusal to answer."

They weren't Greek... at this point you should probably stop pretending you are an authority, or even mildly learned in Egyptian history and mythology. Thanks.

At a rather isolated place at the edge of the desert, about 2.5 km south-west of the modern town, lies what Dendera is famous for, a mostly Greco-Roman temple complex known in ancient Egyptian as Iunet or Tantere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendera

@scowl: I asked you for a reason, and you said you didn't "have to provide one." Tell the Martians I said hi.

No, I said that my mind demonstrates no effects of external control in any way that you describe. You said that you could prove to me that it was being controlled externally.

Then you said you didn't want to talk about it any more.

This is what I call a "refusal to answer."

Oddly, you were the one who said you didn't want to talk about it any more.

I gave you some of my writing on Horus, who by the way is not depicted in the reliefs I've discussed... at all.

[/size]

Right back at you.

Those who were in power, the Ptolemies, were Egyptianized Greeks who put their own spin on the mythology of the native Egyptian population. And since Resomtus and Harsomtus are two variants of Horus as a child, much like the combination "Re-Horakhte" as the solar deity, your spin on the Dendera writings is meaningless.

As to Reagans quote, he was trying to make a point which obviously escapes you. The point being the humanity doesn't need an outside influence (ET's) as a wedge to force us apart when we already have wars and the threat of wars that do that quite well already. In short, he was saying that we are our own worst enemy.

cormac

At a rather isolated place at the edge of the desert, about 2.5 km south-west of the modern town, lies what Dendera is famous for, a mostly Greco-Roman temple complex known in ancient Egyptian as Iunet or Tantere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendera

The all overshadowing building in the Complex is the main temple, namely Hathor temple (historically, called the Temple of Tentyra). The temple has been modified on the same site starting as far back as the Middle Kingdom

If you are at all familiar with Egyptian and Roman art, they are decidedly Egyptian reliefs.

Those who were in power, the Ptolemies, were Egyptianized Greeks who put their own spin on the mythology of the native Egyptian population. And since Resomtus and Harsomtus are two variants of Horus as a child, much like the combination "Re-Horakhte" as the solar deity, your spin on the Dendera writings is meaningless.

The truth is apparently obviously escaping you. The reliefs are much older than the period of occupation, and the style is definitely Egyptian...as are the hieroglyphs... I mean, seriously?

Edit: This is not my spin on the writings. The writings are vague, this is my interpretation of the images, which I believe to be fairly obvious. To think that the entire content of the images is written in 'captioned heiroglyphs' is silly, there would then be no point to the images -- which include a significant amount of additional information, if you looked at them, which it does not appear anyone here has done.

I will reference you, once again, to my post about them. Take special note to the icons and changes between reliefs. There are three separate images, with only a few changes between them. To think that those changes were not intentional, and not intended to give additional information, is significantly demeaning the artists, who happened to be high priests of one of the most important temple's in their time.

http://unduecoercion.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-dendera-light_24.html

I imagine the lot of you also believes there is no hidden meaning in the Holy Bible?

As to Reagans quote, he was trying to make a point which obviously escapes you. The point being the humanity doesn't need an outside influence (ET's) as a wedge to force us apart when we already have wars and the threat of wars that do that quite well already. In short, he was saying that we are our own worst enemy.

cormac

I suppose it's too much to ask for you to read anything about Reagan. Here:

http://www.theforbid..._reagan_ufo.htm

http://www.president...eagan-ufo-story

http://www.reflectio...en_invasion.htm

He speaks very plainly later on about the "threat of alien invasion" bringing us together. He's most certainly not talking about ideas like "war."

And not forget their expertise in making crookes tubes and van der graaf generators at that temple :)

Edited by Atentutankh-pasheri
  • Like 1

No, I said that my mind demonstrates no effects of external control in any way that you describe. You said that you could prove to me that it was being controlled externally.

Then you said you didn't want to talk about it any more.

I asked you for a list of reasons why you believe that. You ignore the fact that mind control could certainly be so transparent that the victim would not even know it was happening... in fact, that would be the entire point of mind control in the first place. You suggested a "litmus test", I liked the idea, and moved forward with it, you provided 0 reasons other than "you don't notice it."

If that is your only reason.... there is no discussion.

However, they were Greek. They used the Greek names. They were ruled by the Greeks. The royals were Greek or half-Greek.

Was Alexander an Egyptian? Did he leave his conquered territories to the people he conquered?

How did the mind controllers allow that?

The above sentence puts the extent of your utter ignorance on full display. The view isn't pleasant.

So, who, then, was Harsomptus? After all, that's who the Egyptians stated they were depicting in the reliefs in question, right there on the wall next to the pics.

Harte

Edited by Harte

The all overshadowing building in the Complex is the main temple, namely Hathor temple (historically, called the Temple of Tentyra). The temple has been modified on the same site starting as far back as the Middle Kingdom

If you are at all familiar with Egyptian and Roman art, they are decidedly Egyptian reliefs.

The all overshadowing building in the Complex is the main temple, namely Hathor temple (historically, called the Temple of Tentyra). The temple has been modified on the same site starting as far back as the Middle Kingdom, and continuing right up until the time of the Roman emperor Trajan.[1] The existing structure was built no later than the late Ptolemaic period. The temple, dedicated to Hathor, is one of the best preserved temples in all Egypt. Subsequent additions were added in Roman times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dendera_Temple_complex

Ah, I thought it was about when it was built, the structure that's still there.

However, they were[//b] Greek. They used the Greek names. They were ruled by the Greeks. The royals were Greek or half-Greek.

Was Alexander an Egyptian? Did he leave his conquered territories to the people he conquered?

How did the mind controllers allow that?

The above sentence puts the extent of your utter ignorance on full display. The view isn't pleasant.

So, who, then, was Harsomptus? After all, that's who the Egyptians stated they were depicting in the reliefs in question, right there on the wall next to the pics.

Harte

You do not know what you are talking about. Alexander wrote in greek, by the time of any occupation of Dendera, the hidden rooms in the Hathor Temple, where these reliefs were found, were most likely sealed until the 20th century.

The Temple of Hathor at Dendera contains a number of small crypts along the eastern, southern, and western sides. These crypts are thought to have served as warehouses or treasuries for ritual furnishings, sacred and ceremonial equipment, and divine images used in celebrating various feasts and holidays. The crypts are small and it is likely that few served as locations for formal rituals. Many have plain, undecorated walls, but some have walls of limestone, rather than the sandstone of the temple itself, that are covered with carefully carved reliefs

There are depictions of Horus in the Temple, just not in any of the reliefs we have been discussing. He is not in any of the ones commonly referred to as the "Dendera Light."

This is Horus:

http://ts4.mm.bing.n...9364683&pid=1.7

Since you continually use the text aside the reliefs in your arguments you should probably further understand what they are talking about. They repeatedly reference the Egyptian concept of "soul", Ba. This concept is also depicted in some of the reliefs, including the one of Horus and Hathor I just posted above.

Their idea of soul is much akin to our concept of mind, something they believed that the gods had the power to influence: (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_soul#Ba_.28soul.29)

The word 'bau' (bꜣw), plural of the word ba, meant something similar to 'impressiveness', 'power', and 'reputation', particularly of a deity. When a deity intervened in human affairs, it was said that the 'Bau' of the deity were at work [borghouts 1982]. In this regard, the ruler was regarded as a 'Ba' of a deity, or one deity was believed to be the 'Ba' of another.

Can you see how ba and the power to "impress" bau through intervening in human affairs could be akin to mind control?

The truth is apparently obviously escaping you. The reliefs are much older than the period of occupation, and the style is definitely Egyptian...as are the hieroglyphs... I mean, seriously?

Edit: This is not my spin on the writings. The writings are vague, this is my interpretation of the images, which I believe to be fairly obvious. To think that the entire content of the images is written in 'captioned heiroglyphs' is silly, there would then be no point to the images -- which include a significant amount of additional information, if you looked at them, which it does not appear anyone here has done.

I will reference you, once again, to my post about them. Take special note to the icons and changes between reliefs. There are three separate images, with only a few changes between them. To think that those changes were not intentional, and not intended to give additional information, is significantly demeaning the artists, who happened to be high priests of one of the most important temple's in their time.

http://unduecoercion...a-light_24.html

I imagine the lot of you also believes there is no hidden meaning in the Holy Bible?

I suppose it's too much to ask for you to read anything about Reagan. Here:

http://www.theforbid..._reagan_ufo.htm

http://www.president...eagan-ufo-story

http://www.reflectio...en_invasion.htm

He speaks very plainly later on about the "threat of alien invasion" bringing us together. He's most certainly not talking about ideas like "war."

No, they're not. The writings describe what is being presented in the images. That you want to reinterpret what's being said is beside the point.

Not interested in your post as you've not shown yourself to be competent enough to understand Ancient Egyptian images and hieroglyphics.

What I see is an extremely paranoid person attempting to validate their paranoia. Sorry to hear that.

cormac

No, they're not. The writings describe what is being presented in the images. That you want to reinterpret what's being said is beside the point.

Not interested in your post as you've not shown yourself to be competent enough to understand Ancient Egyptian images and hieroglyphics.

What I see is an extremely paranoid person attempting to validate their paranoia. Sorry to hear that.

cormac

Based on what? This is nothing more than your uninformed opinion. You are doing a very poor job of showing your disinterest, by making negative comments repeatedly, citing the same opinion over, and over again. The reliefs yield additional information over the captions, or they would be unnecessary. They are there, hidden in the crypt of the most important temple of their time, for a reason. The glyphs happen to support my reading of the images, but nobody here understands Egyptian religion enough to see that.

Accusing me of being paranoid is silly. I am presenting an interpretation of a historical piece of art... it has nothing to do with paranoia.

I asked you for a list of reasons why you believe that. You ignore the fact that mind control could certainly be so transparent that the victim would not even know it was happening... in fact, that would be the entire point of mind control in the first place.

So there is no test for mind control, therefore you have no way to prove it exists. All we have is your repeated assertions that we should unconditionally believe everything you say because you know stuff that we don't.

You suggested a "litmus test", I liked the idea, and moved forward with it, you provided 0 reasons other than "you don't notice it."

You did not move forward with it. You provided no test that it exists or has ever existed.

The burden of proof is on you. The Martians in my garage demand proof.

The reliefs yield additional information over the captions, or they would be unnecessary.

The reliefs support what the hieroglyphs are saying. Nothing less, nothing more.

The glyphs happen to support my reading of the images, but nobody here understands Egyptian religion enough to see that.

Not really, as mentioned above they support what the hieroglyphs are saying. Your interpretation is irrelevant. BTW, your lack of comprehension of what the Egyptians have carved/wrote is quite evident.

Accusing me of being paranoid is silly.

In regards to that quote of Reagan's you posted, yes, your paranoia is showing. As is your lack of comprehension as to what he meant.

cormac

So there is no test for mind control, therefore you have no way to prove it exists. All we have is your repeated assertions that we should unconditionally believe everything you say because you know stuff that we don't.

You did not move forward with it. You provided no test that it exists or has ever existed.

The burden of proof is on you. The Martians in my garage demand proof.

The point was I needed a list of reasons, to attempt to prove it. Since you provided only one reason, "that you don't notice it." I can't argue with you. If you not noticing mind control is enough to make you believe it does not exist, and does not affect you.. then you do not understand the concept of mind control enough to prove its existence to you.

@cormac

Edit: Your disinterest is showing more clearly now, as you have now repeated the same argument three times, in as many minutes! One day, I hope you will have the opportunity to look back on this thread, and notice how little you followed the conversation, repeating the arguments of others, while completely ignoring facts which I present. For instance, Reagan was not taken out of context, if anything, my interpretation of the quote is much closer to "true Reagan" than yours, or Harte's. Yet you persist to assume you know what you are talking about without researching, at all.

One day, perhaps this thread will be proof of mind control to you. Until then.

Simply not the case. There was an old temple there, it was built over by the Ptolemies.

Edit: This is not my spin on the writings.

No doubt about this, given that only a couple of days ago you didn't even know there were writings there.

The writings are vague,

The writings are not vague in the least - they are quite straightforward.

Perhaps your overlords have clouded your mind. I'd hate to think that you were as "naturally" stupid as you seem. Yeah, I'm gonna blame it on your controllers.

this is my interpretation of the images, which I believe to be fairly obvious. To think that the entire content of the images is written in 'captioned heiroglyphs' is silly, there would then be no point to the images --

There is, in fact, no point to either, as they are found in the storage room for the icons involved in the celebration associated with the myth, and are not part of the celebration itself.

You probably knew that already as well, until your mind controllers wiped you spotless.

Harte

Simply not the case. There was an old temple there, it was built over by the Ptolemies.

It says the structure was modified, not built over. There is absolutely no reason to believe the underground crypts were modified, and certainly no reason to believe that Greek's decided to immitate Egyptian art, and write in heiroglyphs, to what, preserve the ambiance?

No doubt about this, given that only a couple of days ago you didn't even know there were writings there.

The writings are not vague in the least - they are quite straightforward.

The writings are a set of small captions, I knew they were there I was unaware of the translations, as they did not appear in the pages I used for my initial research. They are short, in my "controlled mind" it appears the pictures tell a much more detailed story. One which you and everyone here have failed to even discuss, at all. There are significant clues in the images, if you would take the time to look at them you might agree.

There is, in fact, no point to either, as they are found in the storage room for the icons involved in the celebration associated with the myth, and are not part of the celebration itself.

You probably knew that already as well, until your mind controllers wiped you spotless.

Harte

.... I don't have words. Sure I do. Huge reliefs caved into a storage room have no significance. This is your answer.

Great.

You do not know what you are talking about. Alexander wrote in greek[/b], by the time of any occupation of Dendera, the hidden rooms in the Hathor Temple, where these reliefs were found, were most likely sealed until the 20th century.

That statement is blatantly false. There are depictions of Cleopatra in the temple.

Am I wrong, or didn't you say that you had some knowledge of Egypt? It appears that you have overestimated yourself. Again, that's probably your controllers, right?

Alexander wrote in Greek because he was Greek. Obviously. He was the Greek conqueror of Egypt (among several other countries.)

There are depictions of Horus in the Temple, just not in any of the reliefs we have been discussing. He is not in any of the ones commonly referred to as the "Dendera Light."

This is Horus:

http://ts4.mm.bing.n...9364683&pid=1.7

Then who is this Harsomptus that the writings clearly state is shown in these same reliefs?

Before pretending to know something, it can be advantageous to at least know a little something about your subject. Otherwise, you risk making embarassingly ridiculous mistakes like the above.

Harte

Edited by Harte