Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Still Waters

Study proves benefits of nicotine are a myth

9 posts in this topic

It is yet another reason to keep that New Year’s resolution about giving up smoking.

Contrary to popular perception, smoking does not relieve stress. But quitting does.

British researchers measured anxiety levels in almost 500 smokers – before and after they tried to give up.

http://www.dailymail...otine-myth.html

"Benefits of nicotine"?

*Snickers*

2 people like this

It makes good bug spray for aphids. That tells you something right there.

1 person likes this

What kind of benefits nicotine could have? I do smoke, but i've never said such a thing!

2 people like this

May I just repeat what everyone else said ..

Benefits of nicotine ? Where is that occurring ? An alternate universe I assume .Where arsenic in large doses is good for ya too ...

1 person likes this

I think they had Michael J. Fox smoking two cigarettes a day for whatever he has, can't remember.

I think they had Michael J. Fox smoking two cigarettes a day for whatever he has, can't remember.

Parkinson's disease.

'Doesn't actually reduce stress levels'? Eh, feels like it to me, one more lie to get me through the day won't hurt!

Posted (edited)

They are sort of missing the whole cause and effect thing here. Nicotine has a habit of blunting anger lowering aggression.. Sometimes the things you are angry at cannot be changed that you have to deal with. Some people use smoking to help with that. Walking around wanting to punch people in the face is just about as stressful as you can get. (This is a problem for people who do and not just say though)

Oh and if anybody who says using a crutch makes you weak.

If you need a crutch to walk, you use the damn crutch, not being able to walk because your too worried about being called weak is idiotic(Or in this case if you let me punch stupid in the face without any punishment I'll be all for that)

Fact is some people should smoke, some people shouldn't smoke.

People have a problem with not understanding the fact that somethings can be both Good or Bad for you depending on how you use it and there is always a little bit of truth to why people believe in what they believe.

Seriously look up nicotine reducing hostility.

Edited by Jinxdom

Like...

DUUUUUUUUUH

the so called stress relief you get from smoking a cigarette doesn't compare to the amount of stress you go to before wanting that cigarette.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH