Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Text Message Got Lost

stevemagegod

Okay so im with my Buddies and i send a text message with Hi in it. I was sitting right next to him. Apparently he received it at 5:30 am when i sent it at 12:00 right as it hit the new year. Thats 5 hours and 30minutes it toke for it to get to sent to his phone. Why did it take so long to get to him? Was it just floating around in the airwaves for 5 hours?

I would say the same thing. I saw statistics somewhere online that said texting is the #1 way people contact others for New Year well-wishes.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's occassionaly happened with me. A few times I didn't get the text for a couple days!

Don't ever assume someone will get your text message or email quickly. Its taken hours for someone to get an email I've sent before.

• Like 1

I don't think I've had that problem before with a mobile phone before.

There's been glitches where it's took me about three attempts.

But it's something I don't do on New Year's Day as a whole.

Orange is generally a reliable network but you can't do nothing about heavy traffic.

But it's worth considering there's 'dead' zones out there...

It got lost in the Twilight Zone.

• Like 1

If you think about all the time needed for electroelves that have to translate your message into radiowaves, transport those waves over long distances, then accountantelves who must write a bill and deduce it from your phone balance, and again typewritelves who have to translate radiowaves into the text displayed on your friends phone, 5,5 hours is relatively good time, in only 100 years ago it would take days. Consider yourself lucky :D

Okay so im with my Buddies and i send a text message with Hi in it. I was sitting right next to him. Apparently he received it at 5:30 am when i sent it at 12:00 right as it hit the new year. Thats 5 hours and 30minutes it toke for it to get to sent to his phone. Why did it take so long to get to him? Was it just floating around in the airwaves for 5 hours?

Actually the text message was stored on a server somewhere and the buffer or gateway server was either down or overtaxed by the new years texts. This happens every year.

• Like 1