Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meth's devastating effects

Ashotep

Before you decide to try meth, or have done it for the first time and plan on doing it again, I suggest you take a look at these pictures. You wouldn't believe how old it makes you look even after only a couple of years, not to mention what its doing to the inside of your body or brain.

These pictures might help you recognize someone on meth and know to avoid them. They can't be trusted.

Didn't know him personally just knew of all the crap he did but a guy that grew up a couple of miles from me got on the stuff. Put a gun to his own dads head, continually vandalizing property, shot his girlfriend in the leg then killed himself while driving down the highway.

Meth's devastating effects: Before and after

• Like 2

Couldn't get past the first pic. Sad.

"There but by the grace of fate go I"

What a death grip it has on an individual that they truly become someone else, psychologically and physically.

• Like 1

I've heard meth is very highly addictive and that it doesn't take but a couple of times to become addicted. I really feel sorry for people on this. I've heard not too many people ever get off of it and stay off of it. Really sad.

Drugs can only make you worse, they're not the solution for anyone's problems... It's very sad :(

Edited by CuriousGreek
  • Like 2

Meth labs were such a big problem in the state we used to live in. The police were always busting them and they seemed to be young people with little ones about. That’s what scares me too. The labs are so dangerous for a number of reasons and then to have toddlers in the mess. We even rented an old (cleaned up and certified safe) meth house because it was the only place that would allow us 4 pets. I used to worry about getting a knock on the door at night, someone looking for no good.

• Like 2

It hurts to look at them. The before pictures show such common, everyday people. Most of the after pictures, you can hardly recognize them.

• Like 1

Wow! Notice that most of them have sores all over their faces? Also notice that one of the girls was obviously the victim of a meth lab gone bad. Sad indeed.

Please don't throw your life away...get help...now!

• Like 1

I wonder if its safe to live in a house that was used for cooking meth. Wouldn't there be fumes or something to collect on the walls?

I wonder if its safe to live in a house that was used for cooking meth. Wouldn't there be fumes or something to collect on the walls?

I believe it's very hazardous because the chemicals used to cook meth are highly toxic. I watched one report recently where a family who bought a house that wasn't disclosed as a former meth lab got very very sick with in a few weeks of moving into it.

• Like 2

Each year I hear of more and more meth labs being discovered by police or exploding. Plus in Australia our borders and customs are so strict that a lot of these dealers make more money manufacturing meth here. Instead of trying to import other drugs that have a high risk of being caught and more hassle.

• Like 1

Meth is the drug of choice nowadays, because meth is more available to manufacture out of anything containing meth-based chemical compounds. Rural areas are hotbeds of meth manufacturing while the meth pandemic wrecked some small towns. The California desert is literally home to thousands of meth labs, those places are run-down and covered in trash or weeds, and criminal activity is assocaited with what looks like abandoned houses or homesteads. Meth ruins people and communities, this stuff is dangerous and messes with peoples' lives. I saw pictures on the internet of arrested meth addicts with torn up faces, some are malnourished from lack of food when their bodies are under meth addiction...and telltale signs of poverty when not able to work, their money is given to their drug dealers and blown on other drug use some meth addicts are also hooked on.

Edited by Tsa-La-Gie Oyate
  • Like 1

Just want to add that articles/pictures like that are intended to shock and awe. We should ban SSRI's onto the dangerous drugs list as well. Ive got before and after pics of the bad effects of that class of drugs as well.

• Like 1

Just want to add that articles/pictures like that are intended to shock and awe. We should ban SSRI's onto the dangerous drugs list as well. Ive got before and after pics of the bad effects of that class of drugs as well.

At the risk of looking ignorant what is SSRI's?

Each year I hear of more and more meth labs being discovered by police or exploding. Plus in Australia our borders and customs are so strict that a lot of these dealers make more money manufacturing meth here. Instead of trying to import other drugs that have a high risk of being caught and more hassle.

My next question was going to be does other countries have a problem with this drug like the US does? I guess its everywhere.

I believe it's very hazardous because the chemicals used to cook meth are highly toxic. I watched one report recently where a family who bought a house that wasn't disclosed as a former meth lab got very very sick with in a few weeks of moving into it.

Thanks for answering that question. If it will make someone very sick just being where it was made think about how sick it will make you cooking it.

At the risk of looking ignorant what is SSRI's?

Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors.

Basically antidepressants. Paxil, Prozac, and numerous others being peddled to kids and adults. I believe almost 100% of the recent mass shootings were individuals prescribed these medications. It is a known side effect that thoughts of suicide or homicide can occur in children on these drugs and some adults and they continue to peddle it like its candy.

• Like 1

Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors.

Basically antidepressants. Paxil, Prozac, and numerous others being peddled to kids and adults. I believe almost 100% of the recent mass shootings were individuals prescribed these medications. It is a known side effect that thoughts of suicide or homicide can occur in children on these drugs and some adults and they continue to peddle it like its candy.

Thanks for answering that question. I knew someone that was taking Prozac and it did seem to change her. She didn't take it long. Many of the prescription drugs can have some bad side effects. Sometimes the cure can be as bad as the disease.
  • Like 1

My next question was going to be does other countries have a problem with this drug like the US does? I guess its everywhere.

Yes seems like it's everywhere nowadays, unfortunately. I haven't really noticed any crime from it, just the labs being discovered or exploding. But definitely it has gone up in the past year.

I do know one guy I went to high school with. I had heard he got into dealing it but didn't think much of it, until i saw him recently and you could see he had changed a bit.

Plus in the north-west of Australia there are huge mining and gas projects going on, billions of dollars coming out of that region. All these companies offer fly in - fly out work plans, where people from pretty much any work field (building and construction/ engineering/ hospitality/ pretty much any field) will be flown up there free of charge to work. They usually have shifts of two weeks on one week off, earning crazy amounts of money. But the problem is they have very strict drug rules, drug tests every time you go up there, so a lot of the workers smoke meth because they know it will be out of their system by the time they start the new shift, unlike marijuana.

Heisenberg makes the best meth.

You're god damn right!

• Like 1

Here's me thinking injecting yourself with heroin was sordid....

It's just a mere amateur in the how deprived you can get stakes.

I'm not joking because I look like an oil painting compared with these people.

Tbh if the UK has a problem with crystral meth it's being kept hidden.

I'll just have to look out for exploding squats on the news...

Edited by Medium Brown

All I can say is if your smart you will leave the meth alone. I can't find an article that supports this but I have heard or read somewhere that cooking meth will give you lung cancer fast.

Thanks for answering that question. I knew someone that was taking Prozac and it did seem to change her. She didn't take it long. Many of the prescription drugs can have some bad side effects. Sometimes the cure can be as bad as the disease.

Prescription drugs are bad full stop.

They are made by companies who do not care about people, only money.

new report bout Bayer pharmaceuticals who make most of the prescription drugs and over the counter things like Rennie's and pain killers etc:

They got away with that as well. :td:

Prescription drugs are bad full stop.

They are made by companies who do not care about people, only money.

Spoken like *SNIP* 'someone' who's life doesn't depend on medication. Edited by Lilly
removed ad hom

Spoken like someone who's life doesn't depend on medication.

Look at my evidence. ^

If you just ignore that then I'm certainly not the one who is an idiot.

Stupid is not looking into things yourself. If most medication is synthetic versions of natural ingredients then why not jsut use the natural one? Yeah I'm healthy because I educate myself of nature.

Chemo sure as hell didn't do anything for my sister. I also know for a fact chemo was the cause of death of someone else I know.

Edited by Lilly
fixed quote
  • Like 1