Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meth's devastating effects

Ashotep

Look at my evidence. ^

Why aren't you listing all the evidence of lives that have been saved? Because your evidence is nothing more than confirmation bias.
Stupid is not looking into things yourself. If most medication is synthetic versions of natural ingredients then why not jsut use the natural one? Yeah I'm healthy because I educate myself of nature.

Chemo sure as hell didn't do anything for my sister. I also know for a fact chemo was the cause of death of someone else I know.

When you've got HIV or a life threating parasitic infection, come back and b**** about how evil prescription medication is.

Drugs like insulin, cardiac medications, antibiotics have saved the live of countless people. There are most certainly bad medications, but on the whole street drugs taken for recreational purposes are far more dangerous.

• Like 1

Drugs like insulin, cardiac medications, antibiotics have saved the live of countless people. There are most certainly bad medications, but on the whole street drugs taken for recreational purposes are far more dangerous.

So using a clean needle and injecting Heroin once is worse than taking a pharmaceutical drug once that gave you HIV?

[media=]

[/media]

People really need to wake up to this stuff.

These companies only care about profit and are usually part of the cause. Pharmaceutical drugs kill far more people than street drugs. The msot common cause of death in the US is from suicide from taking pharmaceutical drugs.

Why aren't you listing all the evidence of lives that have been saved? Because your evidence is nothing more than confirmation bias.

When you've got HIV or a life threating parasitic infection, come back and b**** about how evil prescription medication is.

My evidence shows that Bayer pharmaceuticals sold pharmaceutical drugs KNOWING they where contaminated with HIV. So thta proves they care more about profit. If they cared more about peoples lives they wouldn't have sold it would they?! OBVIOUSLY.

Your second point makes me laugh the most as the reason HIV is such a problem (especially in Africa) is due to Bayer pharmaceuticals. (As my evidence above points out) Luckily though they do supply medication for it as well..... Hmmmm :whistle:

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

My evidence shows that Bayer pharmaceuticals sold pharmaceutical drugs KNOWING they where contaminated with HIV. So thta proves they care more about profit. If they cared more about peoples lives they wouldn't have sold it would they?! OBVIOUSLY.
Your evidence shows you don't think before you speak. Prescription drugs are bad because a pharmaceutical company sold contaminated products? Wonderful demonstration of logic there.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed personal attack

Your evidence shows you don't think before you speak. Prescription drugs are bad because a pharmaceutical company sold contaminated products? Wonderful demonstration of logic there.

*snip*

A LEADING pharmaceutical company who supplies most of the world with prescription pharmaceutical drugs and over the counter remedies/medication.

*snip*

Edited by Saru
Removed reciprocation of deleted personal attack

At the risk of looking ignorant what is SSRI's?

SSRI stands for "Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor"

See here:

http://www.mayoclini...h/ssris/MH00066

I've had very bad experiences on various SSRI's. One time even hallucinating.

I'm now on an SNRI, which is different. That stands for "Serotonin–norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor"

In my case, the SNRI that I'm on is Pristiq, low dose, and seems to be working just fine.

See here: http://www.mayoclini...essants/MH00067

EDIT: I should mention that, in my case, my treatment is not so much for depression, but rather anxiety.

Also, due to my anxiety/panic attacks, I was also prescribed Klonopin on a daily basis, and Ativan for emergency use.

Those two are not antidepressants, rather, they are CNS(Central Nervous System) depressants, which have a powerful effect of "calming" me down. Much like alcohol, which is also a CNS depressant, but longer lasting and without the nasty alcohol side-effects.

And if I may extend my post just a little, a word of caution:

For those such as myself on Klonopin and Ativan, alcohol use MUST be in moderation. Why?

They are all CNS depressants, and can, in combination can cause respiratory failure leading to death.

A beer or a couple might be fine, but it depends on your body and can still be very dangerous. Please let your physician know your alcohol use. Hard alcohol, such as vodka, etc... MUST be avoided at all costs when taking prescribed CNS depressants.

Edited by pallidin

It's a good thing I don't do over the counter drugs still.

And if I do get a medical condition I'm going to avoid the chemist and go herbal.

I don't think Coffey has been downplaying the dangers of hard drugs.

He's just giving an alternative viewpoint on how dangerous other legal ones are.

If you look at it this way even some illegal drugs can be used to relieve pain.

It's not too much of a stretch to realise any drug made with chemicals is bad for you.

It dosn't matter how clever the scientists working for these pharmaticulal companies are.

When it comes to the concept of profit there's only going to be one winner and it's not going to be you.

Why is it so hard to accept Coffey's findings?

• Like 1

It's a good thing I don't do over the counter drugs still.

And if I do get a medical condition I'm going to avoid the chemist and go herbal.

I don't think Coffey has been downplaying the dangers of hard drugs.

He's just giving an alternative viewpoint on how dangerous other legal ones are.

If you look at it this way even some illegal drugs can be used to relieve pain.

It's not too much of a stretch to realise any drug made with chemicals is bad for you.

It dosn't matter how clever the scientists working for these pharmaticulal companies are.

When it comes to the concept of profit there's only going to be one winner and it's not going to be you.

Why is it so hard to accept Coffey's findings?

Thank you.

I have had personal experience with illegal drugs and I certainly do not recommend people taking them. Well except cannabis is questionable, I don't do it personally but there is many positive health benefits from it and it's worth looking into.

What people don't understand with most illegal drugs is that when people take them and abuse them. The amount they end up taking to get the "affect" is actually an overdose. That and the untrusty drug labs are why most "illegal" drugs are bad. BUT I am mostly talking about chemical drugs, which happened to be originally made by pharmaceutical companies as well and at some point the top chemical drugs where all pharmaceutical drugs. To think Cannabis/Marijuana is more harmful than some of the pharmaceutical prescription drugs is incorrect.

To add more weight to my point the fruit "Graviola" or "Soursop" has anti cancer abilities. A big pharmaceutical company realised this in the 70's and done 7 years worth of research on it to try and make a synthetic version of it. The reason they wanted to make a synthetic version is so they can patent it. They where not able to make the synthetic version and therefore could not make a profit from it and the research came to a halt because of this and they kept the results from the public. It has onyl came out recently aboput this and other scientists are now researching it.

The fact is most of the drugs we take are synthetic versions of what nature already supplies. Which is why i suggest to people to educate themselves on it. I'm not trying to sound superior because I've only just starting learning myself and it's VERY interesting.

• Like 1

If most illicit drugs were allowed to be made at a sustainable level they would not be very bad for you. overdose and physical addiction aside.

• Like 1

This one's for Riyeh and his blasé attitude.

Just because doctors abide by the Hippocratic oath dosn't mean the medicenes they prescribe are ethical.

Pharmaceutical companies are like wolf's in sheep's clothing.

Maybe your in denial because this is Scott Tipps territory.

Or anybody would think your watching Bill Mauer's home video collection.

But there is inconvenient truths out there.

Your just sticking your hands in your ears whatever reason it is.

It's important to take account that cigarettes and alcohol are legal too.

I don't think you need me to remind you of the health implications from either.

It's about time you opened your eyes and embrace the facts openly.

For the record I'll never look at a humble aspirin in the same light again.

Edited by Medium Brown

I wonder if its safe to live in a house that was used for cooking meth. Wouldn't there be fumes or something to collect on the walls?

A few years after I moved out of my parents house, the people that lived next door (renters) were arrested for manufacturing meth in the house. They were literally making it no more than 50 feet from my parents bedroom. All of the contents of the house were removed with everything left like the walls,ceilings and all fixtures either professionally scrubbed or replaced. They had spilled chemicals on the floors in various rooms so all of the flooring and the sub-flooring were completely replaced throughout the house. A step through the front door would have had a three foot drop to the dirt below.

After they were finished, new renters moved in. None ever had any problems that I know about.

My state (California) has been called the meth capitol of the world with labs being everywhere, but mostly out in the country. This lab was in the city and in a good neighborhood. I'm just glad there were no explosions or fires!

Thats funny where I live was called the meth capitol of the world back in the 80's

Thats funny where I live was called the meth capitol of the world back in the 80's

You don't say where you live.....so.....

I did say that it has been called the meth capitol. Labs first sprung up in California and Mexico and then started moving East. Where the capitol is in the US now, I couldn't tell you. If it's not California now, then that's a good thing...for us Californians anyway....

I don't know where exactly, but I believe Palm Springs used to hold the title if I'm not mistaken. Meth labs move to wherever has less proximity to an urban area and can be produced without any law authorities present. Meth was more available through Mexican-made medicinal products, but in the 1980s and 90s most US-made medicines contained ingredients to manufacture meth before the drug companies changed the ingredients.

This one's for Riyeh and his blasé attitude.

Just because doctors abide by the Hippocratic oath dosn't mean the medicenes they prescribe are ethical.

Pharmaceutical companies are like wolf's in sheep's clothing.

Maybe your in denial because this is Scott Tipps territory.

Or anybody would think your watching Bill Mauer's home video collection.

But there is inconvenient truths out there.

*snip* Do you live in fantasy land with coffey where no one needs to worry about their health, because it is always someone elses fault?

Put up or shut up.

List these truths, all of them. I know you wont because the amount of lives improved and saved outweigh the harmed. Coffey couldn't do it, it just doesn't support your confirmation bias.

Your just sticking your hands in your ears whatever reason it is.

It's important to take account that cigarettes and alcohol are legal too.

I don't think you need me to remind you of the health implications from either.

It's about time you opened your eyes and embrace the facts openly.

For the record I'll never look at a humble aspirin in the same light again.

*snip*

Please get your facts straight, cigarettes and alcohol are not prescription medication. You're not going to try to blame doctors and pharmaceutical companies for that?

You might want to stop blaming others for your own blatant ignorance, because no amount of medication will treat that.

Edited by Saru
Removed more personal attacks

I live in Oregon and yeah in the 80's it was battery acid.

You sound like a spoiled child. Do you live in fantasy land with coffey where no one needs to worry about their health, because it is always someone elses fault?

Put up or shut up.

List these truths, all of them. I know you wont because the amount of lives improved and saved outweigh the harmed. Coffey couldn't do it, it just doesn't support your confirmation bias.

You're sticking your hand somewhere else, or is that someone elses?

Please get your facts straight, cigarettes and alcohol are not prescription medication. You're not going to try to blame doctors and pharmaceutical companies for that?

You might want to stop blaming others for your own blatant ignorance, because no amount of medication will treat that.

I'm not a spoiled anything.

There's a few reasons why I leapt to his defence.

1 You intruded on his grief by resorting to playground insults.

2 Cineotherapy drugs cause more harm than good.

3 The Bayer video and it's rabies implications.

4 A certain guy called Scott Tipps which is where I believe the proof lies.

Mr Tipps hasn't got an official website as such but there's bits and pieces out there.

He's well known on the lecture circuit for objecting against pharmaceutical companies.

Alas I can't provide any direct links because of my I-Pad.

Tbh I did take quite a wrong turn with the cigarettes and alcohol.

However I still don't think there's anything inaccurate with what Coffey has to say.

Edited by Medium Brown

Some of those look VERY disturbing, but some just look like the person has aged naturally.

There's a few reasons why I leapt to his defence.

1 You intruded on his grief by resorting to playground insults.

Prove it.

Ignorant comments tend to get called on. Coffey made the ignorant comment that prescription medication is all bad.

Heart medication, insulin medication, Antiretroviral drugs, they're all bad. What would your suggestion to these drugs be? Stop taking them?

Prescription medication has helped far more than it has harmed.

Mr Tipps hasn't got an official website as such but there's bits and pieces out there.

He's well known on the lecture circuit for objecting against pharmaceutical companies.

Alas I can't provide any direct links because of my I-Pad.

Tbh I did take quite a wrong turn with the cigarettes and alcohol.

However I still don't think there's anything inaccurate with what Coffey has to say.

Unless you can show prescription medication is bad, there is nothing more to say. Edited by Rlyeh

Before you decide to try meth, or have done it for the first time and plan on doing it again, I suggest you take a look at these pictures. You wouldn't believe how old it makes you look even after only a couple of years, not to mention what its doing to the inside of your body or brain.

Meth's devastating effects: Before and after

I think the drug Krokodil is even worse than meth.>>

The street name in Russia for home-made desomorphine is "krokodil" (крокодил, crocodile), reportedly due to the scale-like appearance of skin of its users and the derivation from chlorocodide.

Since the home-made mix is routinely injected immediately with little or no further purification, "krokodil" has become notorious for producing severe tissue damage, phlebitis and gangrene, sometimes requiring limb amputation in long-term users.[11] The amount of tissue damage is so high that addicts' life expectancies are said to be as low as two to three years, especially as they are often highly susceptible to infections and gangrene

Google "krokodil drug" if you want to see images of what it does.

Unless you can show prescription medication is bad, there is nothing more to say.

That's a fantastic idea.

I'll bow out gracefully while the going's good.

I could however copy out some confirmation from Scott Tipps.

Tbh I can't see what that will acheive so I'm going to call it a draw.

math-not-even-once-25977.jpg

Sorry...

Yeah, That's what Math do to ya. There you have it kids, stay out of school or otherwise you turn out just like the old fool Albert here. It was only 3 weeks between those two shots.

Beware, beware of E=mc2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry...

I didn't know crystal meth was freely distributed in the thirties!

But it

Sorry...

You can get your laughs out of that, but also realize that this is a real thing that doesn't just affect one person...it affects entire families.

Maybe you've been lucky to not have seen someone in your family or a friend deal with it. Don't know. But it's no joke, believe me.

Just sad.