Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My three strangest experiences, part 3.

Seattleite

This post is a continuation of a series that started here and continued here. It's also the only one I really want help on.

I used to be the primary caretaker of a baby girl from just after her first birthday in 2002 to just after her sixth birthday in 2007. There was no blood relation and I never had legal custody, but I was still one of only two people (the other being a girl I was dating) taking care of her, and of the two of us I was much more involved. I always took care of her behind my own family's back, since I knew they wouldn't let me keep her if they knew I had her.

As for why I she was in my care, her birth parents were criminally incompetant, didn't care about her one bit and after a serious incident where she brained the family terrier (that dog was a monster and had it coming) they asked me to watch her for a couple days (they thought I saved her) while they figured out how to put her into foster care. Short of killing her or deporting her to a third-world country, they couldn't have given her a worse chance in life than the foster system would. I didn't let that happen.

The little cutie decided my girlfriend and I were her parents. She was rather clingy and incredibly cuddly, even for a baby. And she got very lonely very quickly if we weren't there to see her. (Although we found that if she was left with another baby, she didn't mind being away from us.) We couldn't make it every night, however, and it wasn't long before she started appearing to me in her sleep if she was left alone. Note this only happened if I missed her as well and wanted her to be there. This illusion was not solid The illusory baby would always cuddle right up to me, and she seemed to be somewhat aware of her surroundings. (No more so than a normal person is in their sleep.) She retained memory from these instances, but not much.

When I moved out of Everett, this stopped. I'm pretty certain it was because of my own emotional turmoil at the time (there was a lot going on, and I had just lost family members) but I don't really know for sure. After the incident in 2007 mentioned in part 2, I started to miss her again very intensely, now quite ashamed of leaving her behind. I tried to get her back, but it didn't work. They'd moved, and my little girl was lost to me. Pretty soon I realised I'd never see her again, and that night she started appearing again. Not nearly often enough for my taste, but it happened on occasion. I've tried to communicate to her through this, but so far it hasn't worked. Every time I tried to tell her something (like how to contact me) she'd wake up and disappear, and this still doesn't happen very often so I can't waste opportunities.

So now I need help in two ways. I need help finding a way to communicate information to her (like an address, or a phone number) and a way to increase the frequency with which she appears so I can have more chances to do so. Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seattleite

• Ashotep

• Paradoxum

• *Frank*

Quit honestly I think this little girl is on you mind so much that its just showing up in your dreams. Have you ever tried to find her, maybe you are just worried about how she is doing.

It was good of you to take care of her that way.

So you were 9 and 14 when this happened.

Quit honestly I think this little girl is on you mind so much that its just showing up in your dreams.

Except she used to do this before I moved away.

Have you ever tried to find her, maybe you are just worried about how she is doing.

Yes, I did. I searched for her desperately for three, almost four years between bouts of manic depression and suicidal urges.

It was good of you to take care of her that way.

I could not, in good conscience, let her go into an environment with abusive staff, paedophilic/religiously zealous/physically violent foster homes, savage roomates and daily loss of human dignity.

So you were 9 and 14 when this happened.

Yes. And I'd rather not go into how I pulled it off. I had to do a lot of things I'm not proud of to get the money to support her, even if I did get the apartment for free from a friend. (He was the manager at the building. His parents owned half a dozen such buildings, so they let him manage two of them.)

Edited by Seattleite

• 2 weeks later...

To clarify: I have tried mundane methods for years to no avail. I want to try and use her apparition to communicate how much I miss her and provide the information required to contact me. I'm asking if anybody else has any idea how, because just trying to speak to her wakes her up and ends the effect.

• 3 months later...

The little one is appearing more frequently as of late, and appears to be more aware of her location when she does. She appears to be trying to communicate with me. So far she has spoken in her sleep three times. The first time all she said was "I miss daddy." The second "I miss you, daddy." The third "Please come back, daddy."

Hopefully, soon she'll say something useful. Like her address, her phone number, an email or something along those lines. If that happens, this new sleep talk will solve our problems. Until then, it's just heartbreaking. At the very least, she's appearing every couple nights now, so I don't miss her as much and I'm not as lonely.

Hey Seatttleite,

Thanks for sharing your stories/experiences. I've read all of your topics with interest. I do have a problem though, especially with your doppleganger story, you could so easily provide evidence of this if it were true.

Quote from your other thread:

"I freaked and took a fast step back directly into my closed door. The older boy finally looked up and took a step forward, and I hit him as hard as I could. He hit the ground hard, and got back up. I'm no doctor, but I know what a depressed skull fracture looks like, and I just gave him one."

And you didnt call the police or anything? If they really were paranormal, you would have taken your phone and taken a picture? If they weren't then you would have been investigated.

And this little girl "Brained the family terrier".

Are you a troll?

I have had experiences that I genuinely believe to be unexplained but your accounts really sound like stories.

Hey Seatttleite,

Thanks for sharing your stories/experiences. I've read all of your topics with interest. I do have a problem though, especially with your doppleganger story, you could so easily provide evidence of this if it were true.

"I freaked and took a fast step back directly into my closed door. The older boy finally looked up and took a step forward, and I hit him as hard as I could. He hit the ground hard, and got back up. I'm no doctor, but I know what a depressed skull fracture looks like, and I just gave him one."

And you didnt call the police or anything? If they really were paranormal, you would have taken your phone and taken a picture? If they weren't then you would have been investigated.

Are you a troll?

I have had experiences that I genuinely believe to be unexplained but your accounts really sound like stories.

Bad thing to quote myself - But if it was paranormal you'd have less chance of capturing it if it was real :)

Hey Seatttleite,

If I took pictures, they'd look like regular children and their eyes not being visible would be attributed to lighting. Especially since I only have one camera, and it's on an iPod. iPod cameras are ****.

Would YOU want to explain slugging a minor to the police? Especially when they've already left, with the rain there wouldn't be any evidence when the police arrived and the entire town hates you?

It attacked her, she grabbed it by the neck and beat its head against a chair leg. Terriers are a small breed of dog, and that one was quite old. It didn't have a chance, and it was too stupid to understand that.

Are you a troll?

No. No I am not. And that is a very rude question to ask.

This is a text medium. ANYTHING will sound like a story if you want it to, due to the lack of nonverbal cues.