Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can someone explain or relate to this feeling

Intenseshadowblaster

Hello!

I have been searching for answers to this question, but first some background-

I am what I suppose you could call a highly sensitive person. I always have been. I'm very good at reading people, usually to the point of taking on their emotions as my own. I am sensitive to smells. I have also have amazingly realistic dreams, often with negative subjects. I have struggled with depression for the majority of my life. Alright, onto the question-

Throughout my life I will get intense, unprovoked feelings of existing elsewhere. It is as though I realize that I am not real and this world is not real. I therefore get the intense urge to "get out of line" as though life were just a scary ride I could opt out of. I am aware at this time that there IS somewhere else that I am, I just don't know how to get there.

This is terribly difficult to explain. I hope someone understands!

It seems like you need to get in touch more with your spiritual side. That feeling of needing to be somewhere else or doing something else is often a nudge from your "soul" side to pay attention to it. Many people have lost a true touch with this part of them, but it is truely empowering once you let it be.

• Like 3

I do sometimes have that sensation, usually when I'm not fully in my body. It's sort of like a split consciousness, one where I'm in my body, here & now, but my perceptions have shifted, and everything around me seems not quite solid or flat, without any energy or vibration, and I have a difficult time focusing, because there's something in my mind that's "nagging" me, trying to get my attention. This distraction seems to come from outside of me, like a metaphysical phone call. Sometimes I just have to sit quietly and listen to that voice, to hear what it has to say and see where it takes me, as during these times I often astrally project, for want of a better term. I have never had the urge to get out of line, though, that's just not in my nature, nor have I ever been fearful. I have the need to understand instead of escaping, and to try & consciously shift back & forth. I've thought for a long time that "reality" is subjective, that some of us are physically in the world differently than most people, which I consider a blessing.

Edited by Beany
  • Like 1

I sometimes have similar feelings but I attribute them to the fact that there are other dimensions of existence--in which I also exist. I sometimes know things/details that I shouldn't/wouldn't know without personal experience with a subject/thing/person--but I know that this me isn' t the one that had the experience. To the "other me-s" I am a "shade as they are to me. We sometimes have similar experiences but oft have very dissimilar ones. It's wierd and you might think I'm crazy but so what?! It is the only way I can explain knowlege that I have that is of other's daily lives.

• Like 1

What you are experiencing is normal for when your awareness levels begins to wake up and 'expand' into other dimensions (projection) and you begin to touch the the surface of other levels of conciousness of both yourself (soul) and other beings. The thing is that at first or when it is happening when you are not fully able to comprehend it (perceptions need to adjust and shift too, so give it time) it can leave you feeling like what you describe.

This feeling of stepping out of line - what do you mean exactly ? Do you mean the urge to break out the mould? If so that is a normal response as there is no one in this time period who can get away with not working on themselves (ego, societal programming, redundant belief systems) if they so desire to take this kind of journey.

btw if this doesn't make any sense I'm terribly jet lagged.

Hello!

I am what I suppose you could call a highly sensitive person. I always have been. I'm very good at reading people, usually to the point of taking on their emotions as my own. I am sensitive to smells. I have also have amazingly realistic dreams, often with negative subjects. I have struggled with depression for the majority of my life. Alright, onto the question-

Throughout my life I will get intense, unprovoked feelings of existing elsewhere. It is as though I realize that I am not real and this world is not real. I therefore get the intense urge to "get out of line" as though life were just a scary ride I could opt out of. I am aware at this time that there IS somewhere else that I am, I just don't know how to get there.

Hi.

I'll give 2 responses. Physical than metaphysical. :)

Physical

This has all the hallmarks of a Depersonalization diss order.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depersonalization_disorder

But I'm not always one to jump on that band wagon, just giving information is all.

Metaphysical.

If you are haveing issues that are associated with your current state, you should answer the call so to speak. If you have sensitivities and gifts, exploring them and discovering what they mean for you is vitally important.

The key here is to make some decisions and take actions if these altered states are disrupting your life. Haveing a history of depression tells me that they probably are.

I know how you feel. Beleive me. Your next step is to do something about it or with it.

Lots of vitamin c, vitamin b particukarly from garlic, eat cashews ad pumpkin seeds dayly... A couple handfuls should do it, and if you can jog 3-5 mikes every other day. This will help you keep your chemistry up while you figure it out.

Don't forget to eat lots of organic vegetables either raw or steamed. ;)

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

Thank you all so much!

As far as feeling I need to "get out of line"- It's a panic feeling caused by the realization that I am somehow not whole- ie the rest of my life/soul is somewhere else. Almost as though I were acting in a play- I know in the end, or at any point, I can stop participating in the play if needed and I will go back to my own life. The feeling is similar to that. A need to step away from this life on earth (not in a suicidal way but rather a way to become whole or peaceful) and yet being trapped because I see no way to stop this play (hence the fearfullness and panic). Forgive me for going on and on. I hope this makes sense.

As far maybe exploring if I do have gifts- what are good ways to do this?

Thank you all so much!

As far as feeling I need to "get out of line"- It's a panic feeling caused by the realization that I am somehow not whole- ie the rest of my life/soul is somewhere else. Almost as though I were acting in a play- I know in the end, or at any point, I can stop participating in the play if needed and I will go back to my own life. The feeling is similar to that. A need to step away from this life on earth (not in a suicidal way but rather a way to become whole or peaceful) and yet being trapped because I see no way to stop this play (hence the fearfullness and panic). Forgive me for going on and on. I hope this makes sense.

As far maybe exploring if I do have gifts- what are good ways to do this?

Meditations & altered state practice. Training in these areas do no come from normal reality. ;)

Hello!

I am a highly sensitive person (HSP) too.

I also have BPD and it sounds like one of the symptoms: identity disturbance, for me it makes my head feel foggy, inside all over as well, and the episodes can last 3 days but with the most intensity the first day.

So while it could be a depersonalization disorder as noted by Seeker, it could also just be a symptom of another disorder, or something else altogether. If it doesn't affect you negatively then I would not consider it a symptom. If it does well do not just dismiss it to something spiritual.

Wanting to act out of line aka impulsivity is also another symptom.

Edited by I believe you