Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Javan Rhino Officially Extinct In Vietnam

Still Waters

It's official: There are no more rhinos left in Vietnam.

A large female Javan rhino, estimated to be between 15 and 25 years old, was shot and killed in late April 2010, and had its horn removed by a poacher. Turns out it was the country's last...

http://www.livescien...no-extinct.html

Awfully sad. A complete unique species. No surprise as Vietnam is the world's largest consumer of rhino horn. Complete idiots believe that rhino horn is a cure all, sadly complete idiots with $$ to squandered. Alice animals are worth so much more than dead ones. I'm 43,I expect to see many more animals go extinct in my lifetime due to greed and ignorance.

• Like 1

It's official: There are no more rhinos left in Vietnam.

A large female Javan rhino, estimated to be between 15 and 25 years old, was shot and killed in late April 2010, and had its horn removed by a poacher. Turns out it was the country's last...

http://www.livescien...no-extinct.html

Have to say that the knowledge that Rhinos were ever in vietnam is not just news to me, but astounding. The fact that they were, and we lovely humans have annihilated them, not so good.

2013, my first great news, not so good. :no:

This Is Mankinds Legacy, the destruction of our earth and everything on it, unfortunate.

This is utterly unexceptable on today's standards, why we haven't yet made an area for these endangered animals is beyond me governments spend millions upon millions on weapons but cant build a reserve for these animals. I know we have plenty of spare land in oz surely we can make a reserve for these animals and bring them here till it safe to take them back and I am pretty sure the average aussie block doesn't need rhino horn to make hes penis bigger. :no:

Frankly, I'm sick to death of having adverts appear on television telling me, a European, to donate money to save animals in parts of the world I'll never go to, and I have donated by the way, only for the people/governments actually living there letting them become extinct anyway.

I'm tired of giving money only for these animals to become extinct anyway. Honestly, I'm at the point where I'm just going to say that if the governments and native people of these countries don't give enough of a damn to save these animals, then why should I bother anymore?

Edited by TheSpoonyOne

Start local Think Global. These things just happen and like the Oz poster stated theres much better options then whats going on today.

Sad news.

Remember the rhino is only extinct in Vietnam. There are still some left in Indonesia.

This is utterly unexceptable on today's standards, why we haven't yet made an area for these endangered animals is beyond me governments spend millions upon millions on weapons but cant build a reserve for these animals. I know we have plenty of spare land in oz surely we can make a reserve for these animals and bring them here till it safe to take them back and I am pretty sure the average aussie block doesn't need rhino horn to make hes penis bigger. :no:

there is a reservation in Java, Indonesia where the last of the rhinos live

I'm sorry to say it, but I have to disagree. We cannot destroy the Earth or any living organism on it, we can only destroy ourselves. And that's what we're doing right now, destroying ourselves, because we are unable to understand how essential the natural world is for our survival.Humanity may become extinct but not life itself.

Because... "Life finds a way"(I had been waiting for ages for a chance to say this XD )

Sure we can. Just look at the Thylacine. It was a living species and now it is not. While we may be destroying ourselves in the process, we are most certainly destroying other living organisms.

Can you imagine? that in a puddle somewhere in a deep dark cave.. A new colony of a species is being made.. Anyone familiar with the Quran?

Remember the rhino is only extinct in Vietnam. There are still some left in Indonesia.

Give it time.... :no:

We are all connected.

I truly believe that every time we contribute to the extinction of a species, whether it be plant or animal, we are just killing ourselves.

But, those ignorant enough to kill a rhino for it's body parts would never understand that. :(

Edited by MJNYC
  • Like 1

Frankly, I'm sick to death of having adverts appear on television telling me, a European, to donate money to save animals in parts of the world I'll never go to, and I have donated by the way, only for the people/governments actually living there letting them become extinct anyway.

I'm tired of giving money only for these animals to become extinct anyway. Honestly, I'm at the point where I'm just going to say that if the governments and native people of these countries don't give enough of a damn to save these animals, then why should I bother anymore?

They probably spend more money to advertise then actual money used to help the species.

the more we hurt the earth the more we kill our selves may not be any short term effects but long term deffently but them i realy cant say a lot cause i do hunt for food not trophies there is a difference