Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Eight Smart Gun Bills Introduced On Day One

ninjadude

Even if it is, I fail to see any attempt to seize weapons. Would they want to do it it would have already been done, register or not because it is hardly a secret who has got them. All that is not known is what weapon belongs to whom or where it ends up after a legal sale. And that has to change if anything should change at all.

Besides that they want to keep one of the last successful industries in the country alive: The gun makers. You will not see any change in that. And you will keep on seeing raising levels of paranoia so people keep on buying more guns and ammunition than they can reasonable use.

It's rather like walking, Qmark. One must take one step at a time. Register firearms, then take them.

I think Australia went through a similar process in the last 10 years or so.

Eh, it can be pretty easy to hide a car as well...

Yup, but when it is in the open, you can track it. I don’t think you can hang license plates on guns.

Couldn't the reason for registration of anything be just simply responsibility?

When you think about it, that’s really not being responsible. Of course, being responsible is abiding by the law. But being responsible would more reflect on the function of the “anything”. Registration is for the sake of the government, not of the individual having the responsibility of using something. Registration could be useful for the owner in order to return a lost item, but it would also violate the right to privacy.

You have your license (registration to drive) and it shows that you have learned a skill and been tested on it, if you break the rules you are held responsible.

In essence, that is the concept. But in reality, a license doesn’t show that you’ve learned how to drive. It only shows that you’ve passed a one-time test. You don’t need to have a license to break the rules and be held responsible.

You own a car. It's registered. You get drunk and drive it through a park and then run away on foot, your registration allows responsibility to be placed.

If your car is used in a crime does not mean you are involved, unless you are caught committing the crime. All the registration does is tell you who owns the car, not who’s responsible for the crime.

Same with your kids, criminals, police, military, voting, etc.

Or a national health database…

It's a way to hold an individual responsible for his/her ownership and actions.

Only of ownership and the promise of proper use of the implement. The human is free to break that promise. A license or registration does not prevent someone from using something anyway they want. If someone breaks the law and is caught, they are held for breaking the law not because they may have or may not have a license.

Why can't gun owners be held to at least the same?

I think there should be yearly training by gun owners but licensing them does nothing to stop crime.

• Like 1

It's rather like walking, Qmark. One must take one step at a time. Register firearms, then take them.

I think Australia went through a similar process in the last 10 years or so.

Australia had gun control from its first day (after all it started as penal colony), in fact since the 30s you could not even have an automatic gun (except in Tasmania). So, no it did not start with registering, it ended with registering. And nobody took away guns, there was a buyback in '96 and '97 where about 640,000 guns were collected and destroyed. Most of them were sports and hunting weapons showing that Australians did not have so many hand and military guns to start with.

What surely must give us to think is that before registration between 4000-4500 were stolen, after guns were traceable that was reduced to about 1500 evidently showing that registered guns loose value for the criminals or diminish the temptation to sell them under the table.

And, to the contrary of popular believe, Australians are not disarmed as only about 25% of the pistol owners gave them up . The rest are still as armed as before. But Australians never really fell for the "I need 20 guns to protect my family" as in a certain other country. If you are away from civilization it is expected that you may own a gun and you still can do so.

The facts are not as simple as you think.

If you are convinced that the only purpose of the government is to come get you, you do your best to not register anything and the complain about the government when you are fined.

What I don't understand is: How can anybody be so big on himself to be convinced that the government's only purpose is to get him.

To expect our government to take thier oath to support and defend the constitution seriously, doesnt mean I think the governments only purpose is to get me. When they violate our trust in them, chances are they ARE out to get you though.

• Like 1

I was just going to let his comment stand alone. It was far more effective with no further commenting.

Why? It was far less effective not recognizing it already during the other 50 posts you already replied to, because there will be 50 more posts with 20 more justifications based on God-knows-what random detail coming next, with the only principle to be found - the desire to take peoples' guns away.

Is that why we have to register our cars?

Nibs

You have to register your car cause you dont really own it. The state does. They give you the title to basicaly give you permition to use it, so long as you follow thier rules. If you could get the ladodial(sp?) title, then legaly you wouldnt have to register or inspect or license your vehicle. But the game is rigged so dealers cant give you that title.

Its actualy the same thing when you sign a birth certificate for your child. You are handing over ownership of that child to the state. Thats why you have to raise them for the most part, the way they see fit. Its why CPS can remove you child from your home even if you havent broke any laws. It happens all the time.

You don't quite get it do you? You don't understand the dynamics or the implications of this process.

How could he? He doesnt even understand that we dont live in a democracy.

Australians never really fell for the "I need 20 guns to protect my family" as in a certain other country. If you are away from civilization it is expected that you may own a gun and you still can do so.

The facts are not as simple as you think.

So now it's the number of guns owned by a single gun owner that matters! Why haven't you proposed legislation socking it to the gun collectors since it's all their fault now?

What kind of fantasy world are you living in where you think there are no bad police, there are no bad leaders, there are no bad governments? Assad's a real pussycat huh? You want to kiss him on both cheeks and get his autograph because his people are armed against him? What kind of brain dead philosophy would disarm people and let their governments have monopolies on firearms? If you're so anti-American and anti-Constitution as this, maybe you should move to Greece where there is no 2nd Amendment and save their dying democracy. If you're so unhappy with "a certain other country" then pack your crap and move.

• Like 1

dont **** with my guns. This is not a debate. :gun: