Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A demon visited me at night

bamau777

This happened about a year ago and I remember it still like it happened yesterday. I was asleep in my bedroom having a very vivid dream. In the dream two doves flew towards me carrying a scroll the seemed to shine with a golden light. They dropped it in my hands and the light seemed to shine brighter from the scroll. I felt the need to open the scroll and I did, and when I did a heard a loud booming voice. The voice was graceful, amazing, peaceful and powerful all at the same time. the voice spoke to me as if it was God, and he told me in essence, that I had been faithful and despite my doubts in myself I would make it to heaven. It was so odd, I felt as though the light and voice saw right through me and I could hide nothing. I have never felt such joy, peace and love in my life. At the height of my emotions and when it felt like I was about to be taken to heaven suddenly I was in my bed wide awake. I picked my head up to survey the room and instantly noticed a dark figure sitting in a chair facing me. It was my spinning chair which I'm pretty sure was turned away from my bed but regardless the figure sat there staring at me. He looked human, yet I knew he wasn't it is hard to explain. I spoke to him and said, "Are you an Angel?" Deep down I knew he wasn't because I felt darkness and evil coming from him, but because of my dream I was having I did not want to offend a possible angel. However as soon as I asked him this question, one of the scariest, most frightening things happened to me. He smiled, his mouth twisting into the most evil and sinister grin anyone could imagine. My heart dropped and I was instantly filled with fear. I thought to warn my family but I didn't want to endanger them so I said nothing. I saw my legs were bound and they began rising, as if the being was taking me away. I didn't know what to do, so in a strangled gasp of fear I yelled help. It was as if that broke everything away as my feet dropped to the bed again and everything was normal. I looked to the chair where the being had sat and it was gone. To this day I can not remember his face though it appeared human but evil, the one thing I will never forget is the way he looked at me and the smile on his face, like I was nothing to him. I thought maybe it could be sleep paralysis but after extensive research I had little in common with it do to multiple factors. For a year I have tried to forget it, convince myself it wasn't real but I can't deny the feeling it left me and how vivid and real the whole experience was, including the dream before it. The reason I think it may be a demon, is because it interrupted my dream of heaven and God, and was so incoherently evil. I'd like to hear someone else's thought because all my friends either say I'm dreaming (I was WIDE awake) or imagined the whole thing and am exaggerating.

• Like 3

To me this is a very typical dream, what I see here is the battle of good and evil within. We all want to believe we do our best to be good. We often fear that the truth is we are more evil than good inside.

When we raise ourselves up (aka: being raised to heaven), our dark side rises to remind us that we also belong to "it" in our behaviours in the world. I see this as a dream of the duality of human nature rather than an experience with a demon in your room.

No offence but if your friends are not clear on the reality of your experience, I hope you will not be too dissappointed that strangers on the internet will question the idea also.

If something 'paranormal' happens in a dream, it's likely that what you experienced is simply your own psychological problems manifesting themselves in the best way they can. For something truly paranormal, I believe one must be awake...

Cool. You cant spend the night here.

I was wide awake for the demon part. I know for sure I was awake and no longer dreaming.

Edited by bamau777

I was wide awake for the demon part. I know for sure I was awake and no longer dreaming.

The perfect example to this happened to me last week.

I went camping. I was in my tent and had a dream that woke me up. Climbed out my tent and spoke to my mates about it then went back to bed.

In the morning I brought it up with them but they all said they didn't know what I was talking about. Then the more I thought about it, the more I realised that me climbing out of the tent at night was also a dream. It might have been one long dream or maybe I had a dream, then later on that night I had a dream about that other dream. :S I couldn't tell you.

A lot of times I have very vivid dreams then a day or two later I will have confusion about a memory and can't tell straight away if it was real or a dream I had.

So to sum it up, I would never trust any memory that was around my sleeping time, especially if I had been dreaming.

• Like 2

The perfect example to this happened to me last week.

I went camping. I was in my tent and had a dream that woke me up. Climbed out my tent and spoke to my mates about it then went back to bed.

In the morning I brought it up with them but they all said they didn't know what I was talking about. Then the more I thought about it, the more I realised that me climbing out of the tent at night was also a dream. It might have been one long dream or maybe I had a dream, then later on that night I had a dream about that other dream. :S I couldn't tell you.

A lot of times I have very vivid dreams then a day or two later I will have confusion about a memory and can't tell straight away if it was real or a dream I had.

So to sum it up, I would never trust any memory that was around my sleeping time, especially if I had been dreaming.

I understand what you are saying but the thing is I didn't go back to sleep that night , I stayed up with the lights on because the experience was so real and horrifying that I wasn't able to sleep.

I understand what you are saying but the thing is I didn't go back to sleep that night , I stayed up with the lights on because the experience was so real and horrifying that I wasn't able to sleep.

It sounds to me that you woke up when you screamed for help. The previous part may have seemed real, but would still have been the dream.

Edited by DKO
  • Like 2

While completely awake, I've heard Father God say to me that, "the battle against good and evil has been here since the beginning of time". His voice sounded of greatness not of this world. It sounds to me that God truly did speak to you in your dream - congradulations! I've seen two demons, they also looked human, but had a horn on their heads. The demon may have been an evil human spirit in hell. It's hell to be without God! GOD BLESS!!

It sounds to me that you woke up when you screamed for help. The previous part may have seemed real, but would still have been the dream.

I understand why your skeptical but nothing changed when I said help other then him disappearing. I was awake because when I said help I watched my legs fall back down to the bed and my eyes were never closed. I know it seems hard to believe but I was 100 % awake and you would understand if you were there.

You're not looking for someone else's thoughts about what happened, you're looking for reinforcement that it was real.

• Like 2

You're not looking for someone else's thoughts about what happened, you're looking for reinforcement that it was real.

No that is false. I'm just explaining that I was awake for that part and I do not want to here about any theory claiming it was a dream. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

No that is false. I'm just explaining that I was awake for that part and I do not want to here about any theory claiming it was a dream. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

You can't choose what theories people have to give you.

Like Hasina said, you have come on here expecting people to say "Wow! that's amazing!" and when you don't get that response you get annoyed.

You were obviously still dreaming *SNIP*

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
Not case closed by your assertion.

When God speaks to you, there is no reason to wonder if it was real. You will know.

• Like 3

You can't choose what theories people have to give you.

Like Hasina said, you have come on here expecting people to say "Wow! that's amazing!" and when you don't get that response you get annoyed.

You were obviously still dreaming, case closed.

Pretty close minded to say case closed, how would you know if I was still dreaming it is not obvious. You were not there so you would not know. Only I truly know and I was AWAKE so why don't you stop assuming you know everything that went down that night and stop forcing your opinion down my throat as a fact when there is no way to prove it being so.

When a god you should say...

I do find it very small minded when the major religions say there is only one god and it's the god of their beliefs

This happened about a year ago and I remember it still like it happened yesterday. I was asleep in my bedroom having a very vivid dream. In the dream two doves flew towards me carrying a scroll the seemed to shine with a golden light. They dropped it in my hands and the light seemed to shine brighter from the scroll. I felt the need to open the scroll and I did, and when I did a heard a loud booming voice. The voice was graceful, amazing, peaceful and powerful all at the same time. the voice spoke to me as if it was God, and he told me in essence, that I had been faithful and despite my doubts in myself I would make it to heaven. It was so odd, I felt as though the light and voice saw right through me and I could hide nothing. I have never felt such joy, peace and love in my life. At the height of my emotions and when it felt like I was about to be taken to heaven suddenly I was in my bed wide awake. I picked my head up to survey the room and instantly noticed a dark figure sitting in a chair facing me. It was my spinning chair which I'm pretty sure was turned away from my bed but regardless the figure sat there staring at me. He looked human, yet I knew he wasn't it is hard to explain. I spoke to him and said, "Are you an Angel?" Deep down I knew he wasn't because I felt darkness and evil coming from him, but because of my dream I was having I did not want to offend a possible angel. However as soon as I asked him this question, one of the scariest, most frightening things happened to me. He smiled, his mouth twisting into the most evil and sinister grin anyone could imagine. My heart dropped and I was instantly filled with fear. I thought to warn my family but I didn't want to endanger them so I said nothing. I saw my legs were bound and they began rising, as if the being was taking me away. I didn't know what to do, so in a strangled gasp of fear I yelled help. It was as if that broke everything away as my feet dropped to the bed again and everything was normal. I looked to the chair where the being had sat and it was gone. To this day I can not remember his face though it appeared human but evil, the one thing I will never forget is the way he looked at me and the smile on his face, like I was nothing to him. I thought maybe it could be sleep paralysis but after extensive research I had little in common with it do to multiple factors. For a year I have tried to forget it, convince myself it wasn't real but I can't deny the feeling it left me and how vivid and real the whole experience was, including the dream before it. The reason I think it may be a demon, is because it interrupted my dream of heaven and God, and was so incoherently evil. I'd like to hear someone else's thought because all my friends either say I'm dreaming (I was WIDE awake) or imagined the whole thing and am exaggerating.

I think it could be just that of what you said it could of been, that it interrupted your dream, but then wouldn't that mean that demons can read our thoughts, our minds and if so maybe that's why the world is functioning on the path it's functioning on, you know?

Edited by Reann

When God speaks to you, there is no reason to wonder if it was real. You will know.

Because Satan is required by law to identify himself.

Pretty close minded to say case closed, how would you know if I was still dreaming it is not obvious. You were not there so you would not know. Only I truly know and I was AWAKE so why don't you stop assuming you know everything that went down that night and stop forcing your opinion down my throat as a fact when there is no way to prove it being so.

I've had many similar convincing experiences in my life that were hypnagogic hallucinations. Yes, you'll think that you're awake and in fact some parts of your brain are but you really are experiencing a dream. These experiences are well understood sleep disorders.

But if you want to believe that you were visited by a demon instead, that's your choice.

Because Satan is required by law to identify himself.

:huh: Really now?... Please clarify for me there...

:huh: Really now?... Please clarify for me there...

You don't think that all those people hearing God are really hearing Satan, do you? That's because it's against the law. It just has to be.

You don't think that all those people hearing God are really hearing Satan, do you? That's because it's against the law. It just has to be.

But where are you getting that? They could be hearing their own psyche for all I know.

I totally believe you because I've seen demons before too and also experienced this being lifted up experience while being fully awake and cognizant... My guess is that the demon wanted you to be afraid and bound by him because of the dream you had just received. You were able to hear the voice of God clearly, see his light and feel his immense love and joy, this is one of the most powerful gifts a human can receive from God IMO as far as a physical gift/spiritual experience is concerned, direct contact with the divine in notable form... In the spirit realm we are attacked often times after receiving a spiritual blessing. This is the devils attempt to take away our blessing. Usually these spiritual actions are more subtle but in your case it was not. Your asking for help broke his attempt to make you afraid or think that he was in controll of anything.. This is a powerful testimony for any that would have the spiritual insight to receive it.

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

But where are you getting that? They could be hearing their own psyche for all I know.

The same place the original poster getting the idea that she had an experience with demons.