Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nixon Foundation plans year-long celebration?

little_dreamer

Because not everyone considers him a joke. I have to agree he did some things that wasn't good but he did start the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and was the first to open relations with China.

Edited by Hilander

http://news.yahoo.co...-080129516.html

I had no idea there was a Richard Nixon foundation. When I was a child, he was considered a joke. Can someone enlighten me regarding why he still has followers.

All recent Presidents have a foundation that supports their library and other areas of interest.

Watergate aside, he was actually a very well respected President and statesman right up to his death. All of his successors in the White House valued his opinions on matters of State - Clinton being one of the most often cited.

And, frankly, many (me included) consider Watergate a minor scandal by today's standards.

Edited by Rafterman
  • Like 1

Positive for Nixon: his administration left lasting achievements for the USA.

Negative for Nixon: After he resigned nobody really trusted an American Prezz again.

Thanks for your replies. I realize that he was elected twice by a majority of Americans more than 40 years ago. Just wanted to get a sense of how things were different then.

I've never quite understood what ol' Tricky Dicky was supposed to have done exactly. i'm not entirely sure what Watergate was really. It was probably something shifty, i expect.

I've never quite understood what ol' Tricky Dicky was supposed to have done exactly. i'm not entirely sure what Watergate was really. It was probably something shifty, i expect.

Watergate probably did nothing for him, perverting the course of justice, conspiracy to cover up crimes and destroying evidence is what done him in. The funny thing about it is that the tape recorders he installed in his offices (due to his paranoia) produced the smoking guns.