Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Found What I Was Hoping For, Thanks!

soulpowertothenthdegree

I was looking for a web site where I could go that would afford me the opportunity to get real time feedback on various topics. I understand I have only been here a short time and I am still "NEW", but I have a very good feeling about this "Unexplained" place.

I like the set up too. I have not figured out everything yet, but I am learning by trial and error. It has been fun so far and a welcomed respite from the "Doom & Gloom" crowd on another popular web site (unnamed on purpose). I will not frequent certain places anymore because of the incessant need to badger and ridicule subjects that a poster decides to put forth.

I do not need everyone to agree with me in order for me to have purpose. Rather, I enjoy helping others to see different perspectives and allowing them to do the same for me.

Thanks for all the replies so far, keep them coming I enjoy the attention. I do not however put my worth into the opinions of others. Appreciated? Yes. Validated? Not necessary.

We all like attention and I prefer the "Positive" over the "Negative", however, both have their merits if I choose to allow them.

Soul

Edited by soulpowertothenthdegree
  • Like 3

Just keep in mind that this place has its vigilant naysayers, too. And I'm not talking about those who simply disagree, but those who make it their online career, and take a bit too much pride in their work. I won't name names because that would be too fun.

• Like 3

Just keep in mind that this place has its vigilant naysayers, too. And I'm not talking about those who simply disagree, but those who make it their online career, and take a bit too much pride in their work. I won't name names because that would be too fun.

Thanks. I am certain I will not be spared from dealing with such people, however, so far the response has been 99% wonderful. I am not naive (didn't just fall off the turnip truck). Fortunately, the site is well planned to deal with such behavior. No worries. They cannot hurt me either way. It is their loss should they decide to engage in nefarious behavior.

Thanks for your 2cents here is the change! LOL! :yes:

• Like 2

There are also some of us who believe that life is too short to spend precious time reducing feelings, experiences and the general universe to their smallest possible components and refuse to argue about how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin! So please be prepared to receive (and hopefully, to give), a small portion of light-heartedness from time to time.

s11924.gif

• Like 2

I've been to some nasty forums as well where they victimise anybody just for the sheer hell of it.

These keyboard warriors just do it out of complete boredom and I've had many a death threat levelled at me.

The kind of people who have been banned multiple times and completely berate anybody who wants to make a serious contribution.

They also didn't look kindly on any threads of an esteroic nature or anything to do with information gathering.

However on the particular forum I frequented our main gripe was against Chavs and Chav culture.

These trolls where either Chavs or people making out like it's no big deal and were doing their utmost to protect them.

It just kinda got out of hand and ended up in sheer anarchy and eventually the forum got canned.

It's funny but some of these trolls were actually well spoken when the fancy took them.

They even had their own little forum with them clapping each other on the back and getting really smug.

What I love about this place is you can be as outspoken as you want and nobody will think the less.

• Like 1

Everyone has an opinion and as long as they aren't demoralizing/ridiculing yours, I'm fine with not agreeing. If we all agreed and thought the same way there would be no need to have a discussion and wouldn't life be boring.

• Like 2

There's something else that just came to me.

They also got their kicks out of tormenting emo's,goths and moshers.

However there was one poster who I still call a dear friend who had a system.

He just threw the insults in the trolls faces by coming back with witty retorts of his own.

Because he had a strong personality in the first place they just wilted and backed off.

My mate was certainly one who can take back what they dished out.

He ended up as a moderator before the forum bit the dust for good.

• Like 1

There are people that like to dish it out but when it comes to taking it they fall short.

I was looking for a web site where I could go that would afford me the opportunity to get real time feedback on various topics.

You have certainly found that here. There are a lot of people who know a lot of different things about a lot of different subjects and if they don't know...many will employ the 'google' function and research things just to find out and answer questions.

Welcome to UM, Soul. I hope you found what you were looking for here.

Edited by Eonwe

• 4 months later...

Hi Soulpowertothenthdegree

I'm pretty new here too, I felt the same about this place , it's a nice forum .

I was wondering, what is the tenth degree reference to in your name ?

If it's what I think it is , it's the tenth chakra . 8th.,9th.,and 10th. chakras are all circular in shape , like halos. The tenth represents conceivable reality.

Edited by Reann

^

Oh , for some reason I thought it was tenth , it's not though . It's nth . I see , I get it. Very clever, I like it.