Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Confused?

jack815

Hi,

I hope this is the right spot to post what is going on with me, in hopes to try to get help/advise on what has been happening with me. I have dreams (rarely) or at least i only remember them rarely. I had a dream about a year ago that a cousin of mine who i dont ever see was in trouble. In this dream i saw him being arrested and in a different segment of the dream i was looking throught a window at him. through the window i saw him sitting in what looked to be a car with his head down. The morning after the dream i told my wife about the whole thing later that day my mother called me to tell me my little cousin had been arrested and wanted me to talk to him about it because i was in trouble as a youth myself. My cousin lived on the opposite side of the country as me and i didnt really even know him that well but i wanted to call him because i had a previous dream about a friend of my brothers who eventually passed away as i forseen. so i called my cousin and as i expected he thought i was bat **** crazy. i told him about the previous dream involving my brothers friend and when i hung up i knew he was laughing at me( because i probable would have done the same). to make a long story short my cousin killed himself 2 weeks ago while sitting in a golf car which was visible through the garage window. I traveled to my uncles house which i never have been to before and saw where he did it. It was exactly how i saw it in my dream.

I am from a strict irish catholic family and could not turn to a priest for this one. Anyone that could tell me whats up with me i would really appreciate it and please excuse my grammer! thank you all

• Like 1

Why can't you speak to a priest about this? Precognative dreams are riddled throughout the bible. I have had them, though never in relation to deaths I must say, I probably do not have the kind of mindset that could handle that kind of information tbh, so that is a blessing.

I do know, from what I have experienced that it is a tricky issue when you have dreams and try to intervene and change them - it sometimes contributes to fulfilling the outcome of the dream instead.

So I hope you are not blaming yourself for not having done more, there doesn't seem to have been enough information in the dream to give you a tangible means of recognising what exactly was coming and when - it could all have been metaphoric dream imagery for all you really knew of the dream at the time.

As you said he laughed it off when you tried to speak with him about your own issues with the law and not knowing you very well it would have been more than likely that he would be dismissive of anything you had to say out of pride if for no other reason especially regarding dreams and visions, he would have been believing it was coming from someone who "did not know him" and therefore was "talking rubbish to influence him" if you get my drift.

Now that you have some tangible examples all I can suggest is to keep a dream diary and take note of any more events that come true. You may find that for the most part they are mundane every day things, you may also find that most death dreams are, in fact, just metaphoric imagery, don't let these events develop into a fear of dreams or a paranoia over every event that occurs in your dreams from here on in, the majority of dreams will be insignificant trust me.

Thanks for the reply it was perfect. I am still confused on what this is ? do we all have this ability and just cant remember the dreams? or am I different? i have also felt that i can tell if someone is "hiding something" (best way i can explain it, like a energy of some sort) with in moments of meeting them and i am NEVER wrong. I kinda feel silly writing this because i didnt believe in this type of stuff till it started happening to me.

Edited by jack815

it sounds like your gifted. Use it for good, make no judgement about it.

Thanks for the reply it was perfect. I am still confused on what this is ? do we all have this ability and just cant remember the dreams? or am I different? i have also felt that i can tell if someone is "hiding something" (best way i can explain it, like a energy of some sort) with in moments of meeting them and i am NEVER wrong. I kinda feel silly writing this because i didnt believe in this type of stuff till it started happening to me.

Yes in my view we all have this ability. Our desire to ignore it is greatly respected by our soul(spirit self). That is also why this type of stuff is laughed about so much. So that we can deny our potentials and some how avoid the consequences of our ignorance.

Now when you start to have these types of experiences, it requires a greater effort to remain indifferent.

Best Wishes in every respect.

John

what exactly are these abilities called? and is there a way to become more in touch with them,,not that i really even want to at the time. it kinda freaked me out a little.

When we dream there is past,present and future information that is available to all of us. Some dreams incorporate all in flashes and some take on a storybook fashion. Some are past life remembrances that we don't understand because we don't recognize the faces in the dream and some are future memories with places we have never seen. Your ability is completely tied to your vibration and harmonic resonance.

Some souls are able to understand better than others, but we all have this ability. The upbringing you have in this human condition and the environment you are involved in play a role in your ability to be more/less sensitive to these feelings and how you react/act on them. The information you receive is there for a reason, some of it is to warn you or help you warn others of impending situations.

Some of it is there to allow you to make informed decisions about your future. Some of it is to allow you to have a regressed/suppressed memory of something traumatic in this life or to help you understand specific habits you have that are present in this life (fear of water, fear of heights, etc.) that you need help overcoming.

The more acceptable you are to these feelings and intuitions, the more you will gain from them. Do not be afraid of them, embrace them.

Soul

what exactly are these abilities called? and is there a way to become more in touch with them,,not that i really even want to at the time. it kinda freaked me out a little.

Humans have a vast array of psychic skills and abilities. I tend to think that some form of telepathy is always present, however Precognition is the one word that I would use define your experience.

Like every other skill in existence, practice allows you become better using it or to get "more in touch" with it.

Yes I would imagine that it would kind of freak you out.

John

I'm sorry to hear what happened. Nothing is up with you :) we have access to so much during altered states and dreaming.

I have learned that when I know things, not to reveal it. Instead i follow the example of my teachers and carefully choose the right actions and words at the right moments to try and influence the outcome for the better. Operating amonomously in the back ground is always more effective.

Human beings by nature almost never choose a path Somone else has chosen for them. They have to think it was their idea or discovery to follow it.

If you continue to to have precog dreams and visions be an anchor for those involved but stay silent about what you have seen unless they come to you specifically because they are aware of what you see. Try to say little things, offer support encouragement and unconditional friendship and love that is unwavering in availability. Gently move Them in the necessary direction through example and value.

Hi,

I hope this is the right spot to post what is going on with me, in hopes to try to get help/advise on what has been happening with me. I have dreams (rarely) or at least i only remember them rarely. I had a dream about a year ago that a cousin of mine who i dont ever see was in trouble. In this dream i saw him being arrested and in a different segment of the dream i was looking throught a window at him. through the window i saw him sitting in what looked to be a car with his head down. The morning after the dream i told my wife about the whole thing later that day my mother called me to tell me my little cousin had been arrested and wanted me to talk to him about it because i was in trouble as a youth myself. My cousin lived on the opposite side of the country as me and i didnt really even know him that well but i wanted to call him because i had a previous dream about a friend of my brothers who eventually passed away as i forseen. so i called my cousin and as i expected he thought i was bat **** crazy. i told him about the previous dream involving my brothers friend and when i hung up i knew he was laughing at me( because i probable would have done the same). to make a long story short my cousin killed himself 2 weeks ago while sitting in a golf car which was visible through the garage window. I traveled to my uncles house which i never have been to before and saw where he did it. It was exactly how i saw it in my dream.

I am from a strict irish catholic family and could not turn to a priest for this one. Anyone that could tell me whats up with me i would really appreciate it and please excuse my grammer! thank you all

What was said earlier about there being many prophetic dreams in the Bible is very true, and there's no reason why you wouldn't have that gift granted by God. The gift of prophecy is after all mentioned in second Corintheans. While I'd be wary as to which side the dream might come from (demon or God) if it is from God that would be quite a cool gift to recieve.

First things first, nowhere in the Bible does it say that psychics as a whole are sinful (I know, I've checked), only certain pathways psychics can take (mediums, spiritualists, oracles). Going by that it might not even be a psychic ability but simply another spiritual gift called decypher spirits. The best way to figure this out would probably be to see if you've always been able to do this or started some time after you became a Christian (and generally involving something interesting you did or saw right after it activates). Assuming it has always happened with you it might mean that you are a natural psychic, congrats! I have similar abilities, though telling truth from lie isn't my thing.

While I agree with John that everybody has the potential for psychic stuff I'd have to disagree on everybody being able to do everything on the point that everybody has the natural skill that some do. Of course, that doesn't mean you have to keep what you can do (whether from God or natural), if you ignore it hard enough it'll eventually go away *shrugs*. Hope what I said helps, figured referencing the Bible might do something since most Christian believe stuff like this is universally viewed as "evil"

Edited by shadowx

I go through same thing like 4 times a week if u ask god with a sincere heart about ur ability he will give u answer I had dreams of many many things that came to pass some good but some tragic then in church I heard of dreams like the ones I had so I prayed about it that night I had dream of fire down south and me and my mom went to help clean it up when I woke up the next morning the air was smoky with ash falling from the sky and i knew that it was a gift. concentrate on remembering your dreams before u go to sleep make it ur last thought before u drift off to sleep and this is really important STAY AWAY FROM CRAZY DEMONIC MOVIES. Trust me on this one stay away from anything that might cause evil spirits to enter ur mind u don't want those kinds of dreams. And 1 more thing let me know if u hear anything about the psychic elders in ur dreams.