Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Zombies Poop?

Ultima Weapon

I'm being dead serious, do zombies poop? If they don't, what happens to all the brains and people they eat? And if they do, how come there isn't any poop in in the streets in zombie movies? I mean that's most of the world's population pooping in the middle of the street every time they need to go to the bathroom. Huge plot hole...

• Like 1

In the zombie novels I read, their stomachs either burst after filling to capacity or as they decay it falls out, dribbling out.

Edited by Hasina
  • Like 2

In the zombie novels I read, their stomachs either burst after filling to capacity or as they decay it falls out, dribbling out.

Ah, yeah I think that's what happens in The Walking Dead. Although if that were true, most zombies would have huge belly bumps or a belly hole, and you don't ever see that. And then there are things such as in Resident Evil where the dead flesh turns out to mutate and sorta 'heal' back to what it was. If that's true, then what happens then? Still quite a few plot holes.

So, reanimated dead that exist on eating live brain matter is ok? But the lack of zombie feces becomes a sticking point?

• Like 2

Since it IS fantasy the plot can be anything at all and still remain perfectly valid.

• Like 1

I never caught onto the whole zombie craze but I do remember a terrible "B" movie from the '50s (I think) where a crowd of the undead were stumbling around calling for some guy named Morgan. It was funny even for a 6 year old :w00t:

GranTorino.gif

tumblr_m5c42tm5bH1r8surwo1_400.gif

• Like 1

I never caught onto the whole zombie craze but I do remember a terrible "B" movie from the '50s (I think) where a crowd of the undead were stumbling around calling for some guy named Morgan. It was funny even for a 6 year old :w00t:

It's a classic really .

The Last Man On Earth ,with Vincent Price ,which was remade as The Omega Man ,with Charlton Heston ,which was remade as I Am Legend with Will Smith .

If we are going to look at it from a true scientific perspective ,we have to look at biological functions.

The stomachs filling up and bursting ,would be most probable ,because you assume the internal organs do not function any longer .

No need to breath,no heart beat ,no peristalsis of the digestive tract or digestive functions .

No nutrients absorbed,so regeneration of tissue no longer occurs .

Ergo ,no poop would ever be produced ,and food would not go thru the digestive tract .

However ,this does bring up a very interesting point.

Wwwhhyy do skeletal muscles work ,even poorly ,and how do they swallow ?

Digestion technically starts in the mouth with chewing ,and peristalsis exists in the esophagus ,along with food being kept in the stomach via the plyloric sphincter .

Theoretically ,they shouldn't be able to swallow .It would be caught in their throat and rupture their necks ,and even if it did go down ,they would continually regurgitate it ,because it wouldn't stay in the stomach with no sphincter tone .

If blood went thru the GI tract via gravity ,they should also always have bloody fluid running out of the anal sphincter as well.

Yeah yeah,they're messy looking ,but some aren't ....

It makes for a very interesting conundrum .

This must be one of the most surreal threads I have seen on off-topic.

What's next? Vampires having a wee?

Only joking because I like discussing the bodily functions of zombies.

Sure they do, but we just don't see it because they don't have the same stigma's about it like living people do.

I'd think it would be like horses in a parade and their clothes are basically their own personal diaper.

Kinda funny if you think about it people would crap their pants if they really saw a zombie and zombies might be crapping their pants while they chase you.

Just be glad zombies don't have a set pants off time like some people do :)

They poop on themselves as they walk down the street but they are too zombied out to smell it or respond to it. The humans are too focused on screaming and barricading themselves in to mention it either...

Zombies play with their food, but never actually eat it.

Their rotting internal organs make digestion impossible.

There's also a theory in a recent zombie book that the virus that reanimates the dead reproduces (somehow) in the uninfected flesh that the zombies 'consume', then these 'newly born' viruses replace the old ones in the zombies actual body, which is why they decay, but not as quickly as a actual dead body.