Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Star Trek fans dying wish to see ITD

Simbi Laveau

I'm posting this,even though I feel odd doing it ,but I don't want to see it pop up here suddenly ,and feeling sick about it .

It seems this story will go viral ,so its best I just do it myself ,now.

Dan Craft ,was a very good friend of mine .For many years . I know all the guys over at New York Asian Film Festival ,for many years ,from our shared love of these movies .

I go back to the old kung fu Sundays ,when we would watch silly old kung fu flicks,giggling together ,and roaring at the screen.

This is what turned into the mega new York Asian film fest .

Dan was a trek fan,in the same way all we action sci fi loving geeks are.

It wasn't like he was just a trekkie. He loved cool films ,of all genres.

I spent many an hour debating the pros and cons of Jet Lis ego ,and Jackie Chan's mistresses .

He had been in remission ,for over a year ,and given my absence on facebook as of late,I had no idea he had even relapsed .

I read this on geeks of doom,and when I saw the name,I burst into tears .

My heart goes out to his family and friends ,and all of us from the NYAFF fests ,who adored him .

I will miss you dear friend ....

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2013/01/06/terminally-ill-fan-granted-dying-wish-to-see-new-star-trek-film-has-died/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+geeksofdoom+%28GEEKS+OF+DOOM%29&utm_content=Yahoo%21+Mail

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

Really sorry to hear this Simbi. I'm glad Abrams let him see the film even if it wasn't finished. His body is gone but his spirit lives on.

• Like 1

That's actually an amazing thing for any movie maker to do . I'm am beyond impressed .

He was my best buddy out of all those guys. He manned the table outside the theater selling the tee shirts and giving out the programs.

We would talk for ages inbetween shows .

He missed the entire 2010 festival because he was so sick . I was so happy when he was better . He was completely fine this past July .

I think this is why its just so overwhelming .

He just completely deteriorated from august to now .

We chat on facebook,and I hadn't been on a lot the last three months,so this happened in literally,three months .

I feel so badly for his wife .....

I have known people that had cancer. They thought it was in remission then suddenly it would be back but far worse. Wish they would find a cure that doesn't get shelved. Sometimes I wonder if they want to.

• Like 1