Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Incas, explorers of the Pacific

Abramelin

you could've brought along a loaf of bread, a bottle of wine and a hunk of cheese Abe ... lol

you could've brought along a loaf of bread, a bottle of wine and a hunk of cheese Abe ... lol

You walk around with all that in your backpack? Lol.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After reading this thread again Im quite sure that Inka and Polynesians met on Pacific ocean.

Congrats Abramelin for research. And others.

Edited by the L

• 3 months later...

The techniques used at ahu vinapu are more than coincidental for a couple of reasons. Firstly the way the blocks interlock around these small centre pieces is very similar. Note where the lines interject the small piece.

Easter island

post-142246-0-74370500-1378949127_thumb.

Inca

post-142246-0-96970100-1378949157_thumb.

I don't think I'll be able to fit the images in this post, but the curved wall of ahu vinapu is a stylistic technique, not a construction one. It is replicated on easter island and throughout inca areas.

I'd like also to clear up some misconceptions about the things Thor Heyrdahl believed.

He accepted a general migration from South East Asia. What he held in contention was the populating of the islands being solely from that direction, considering winds and ocean currents make voyages from the Americas more favourable (that's not to say the great Polynesian navigators couldn't sail the other way, they obviously did).

He also thought that the incas received the wall building technique from a common predecessor as the E.I Polynesians, not a direct contribution from the inca culture to Polynesian. The incas are but one of many groups that have held power in Peru.

Worth mentioning is that the kon-tiki raft wasn't towed out from South America to escape any currents, the Peru current eventually curves into the pacific anyway. It was to avoid causing disruption to shipping lanes.

Staple South American crops in Polynesian possession is hard to argue against in the case of contact, however that contact occurred. That the crops existed in New Zealand on the opposite side of the pacific indicates that whoever distributed it either travelled from South America or had no problems going there and a long way back.

New Zealand mythology in particular is incredibly widespread regarding a race of people that lived on and around mountain peaks. These people are generally considered mythical and ascribed features as such, but there are many circumstantial accounts too, resulting in the naming of well known landmarks.

I really have too much to discuss here, I could go on, but I won't today. The evidence is undeniable, piecing it together is near impossible.

• Like 2

One of our common stories is that a chief noticed his people were suffering and hungering so he set his mind to exploring a possible solution and dreamed of a food crop in the direction of his protruding tongue ( or his sons, depending on the tribal group) and deliberately set out to retrieve the crop.

Of course that was the Kumara.

But most of our stories do not relate to New Zealand at all but to dim history and one of those that do relate directly to NZ Maori, shared by a few tribal bases is that the so called Maori of NZ came from the 'Navel' of the world, Rapanui in fact.

Its interesting to note that of all the island groups within the Pacific, sharing a common language heritage, only Easter Island folks language is the closest to Maori lingo, in other words, I can with some effort understand Rapanuian than I can any other native language of Polynesia without resorting to translation services...

As to the People who were here prior to Polynesian migration/discovery, they were said to be extremely tall, purple black, afro haired and peaceful and surprisingly, employed some form of arbotectural technology with the building of houses in the tree tops by growing and grafting branches together.

The other stories regarding mountain folk area the stable Fairy/troll type of thing, folks possessing supernatural abilities or technological artifacts.

One further snippet, our methods of sailing did not rely solely on wind sails....

One further snippet, our methods of sailing did not rely solely on wind sails....

Hi mumanster, would you please tell more about that?

Sorry...edit..Bad manners,

Hi,

Throw a weighted net into a current, it acts as an underwater sail...and there are many major currents in the oceans...

Edited by mumanster
  • Like 1

Ah! Thank you very much. I suspected something like that .... The Inca used long boards thrust into the water to utilize surface currents as a means of propulsion .. and course stabilization.

The techniques used at ahu vinapu are more than coincidental for a couple of reasons. Firstly the way the blocks interlock around these small centre pieces is very similar. Note where the lines interject the small piece.

Easter island

post-142246-0-74370500-1378949127_thumb.

Inca

post-142246-0-96970100-1378949157_thumb.

I don't think I'll be able to fit the images in this post, but the curved wall of ahu vinapu is a stylistic technique, not a construction one. It is replicated on easter island and throughout inca areas.

I'd like also to clear up some misconceptions about the things Thor Heyrdahl believed.

He accepted a general migration from South East Asia. What he held in contention was the populating of the islands being solely from that direction, considering winds and ocean currents make voyages from the Americas more favourable (that's not to say the great Polynesian navigators couldn't sail the other way, they obviously did).

He also thought that the incas received the wall building technique from a common predecessor as the E.I Polynesians, not a direct contribution from the inca culture to Polynesian. The incas are but one of many groups that have held power in Peru.

Worth mentioning is that the kon-tiki raft wasn't towed out from South America to escape any currents, the Peru current eventually curves into the pacific anyway. It was to avoid causing disruption to shipping lanes.

Staple South American crops in Polynesian possession is hard to argue against in the case of contact, however that contact occurred. That the crops existed in New Zealand on the opposite side of the pacific indicates that whoever distributed it either travelled from South America or had no problems going there and a long way back.

New Zealand mythology in particular is incredibly widespread regarding a race of people that lived on and around mountain peaks. These people are generally considered mythical and ascribed features as such, but there are many circumstantial accounts too, resulting in the naming of well known landmarks.

I really have too much to discuss here, I could go on, but I won't today. The evidence is undeniable, piecing it together is near impossible.

I do believe the Incas and the Polynesians were in contact, but showing similar masonry alone will not prove it.

How about this wall:

IMGP1429.JPG

It's from Anatolia, "Hattusha", the capital of the Hittites, around 2000 BCE.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that last post of mine shut you all up real good for God knows what reason.

OK: why does this type of masonry show up on both sides of the Atlantic, and many millennia apart?

Well, that last post of mine shut you all up real good for God knows what reason.

OK: why does this type of masonry show up on both sides of the Atlantic, and many millennia apart?

If people separated by geographical confines have the same problem, and the same materials to solve it, most likely they will reach the same solution.

• Like 1

Hammer stone Tech was the only tech available at the time perhaps?

With hammer stones it is 'relatively' easy to created such joints...but that does not explain the effort that went into placing large rocks in the first place does it...

If people separated by geographical confines have the same problem, and the same materials to solve it, most likely they will reach the same solution.

Yeah, but no one was able the duplicate that kind of masonry.

Yeah, but no one was able the duplicate that kind of masonry.

or so the theory... If people are capable of solving jigsaw puzzles world wide they are capable of making them too,And that is what that type of masonry is: a jigsaw puzzle.

Show me a video where you created that kind of masonry, and I WILL believe you.

I am a skeptic too, you know?

Edited by Abramelin

Show me a video where you created that kind of masonry, and I WILL believe you.

I am a skeptic too, you know?

I know, but what I don't get is why you think it is so impossible to do. May be complicated but certainly not impossible.

Just show me.

Hey, as I said in a similar occasion: It is your argument that it is impossible so why don't you show us?

Thing is that humans were not stupid. Now why would they complicated their building if they could easily made blocks?

Perhaps earthquakes are reason? Just a guess.

Edited by Big Bad Voodoo

I know, but what I don't get is why you think it is so impossible to do. May be complicated but certainly not impossible.

Then show me how you did it.

Thing is that humans were not stupid. Now why would they complicated their building if they could easily made blocks?

Perhaps earthquakes are reason? Just a guess.

Yes, but the solution was a little unusual. Instead of finding a stone that fits into the gap of the wall they made a stone fitting for the gap. In most earthquake zones walls are made in such a fashion that the blocks can move if shaken but don't loose their footing.

Hey, as I said in a similar occasion: It is your argument that it is impossible so why don't you show us?

I know I can't, but you keep telling all of us you could make it, create it.

Then fcking SHOW us, 0k?

Edited by Abramelin

Yes, but the solution was a little unusual. Instead of finding a stone that fits into the gap of the wall they made a stone fitting for the gap. In most earthquake zones walls are made in such a fashion that the blocks can move if shaken but don't loose their footing.

I wonder did we have more earthquakes in the past?