Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Most scariest experience in the bush?

Synyster Gates

I can't really seem to recall any that I have had. I'll be sure to post if I do! I'm fascinated to hear of your tales guys/girls/men/women!

Don't be afraid to post it if it doesn't look believable. :su:st:w00t::clap::tu::gun:

• Like 1

I don't think I've had any in the Outback.

There's quite a few time zones between me and Australia.

I saw a rock. It was wealy scawy.

• Like 1

I think it was when I fell of my bike into a patch of poison ivy. Scary because I could only scarcely imagine the torturous weeks to follow.

Watching a helicopter crash, a guy losing his hand, caught in a hurricane cell on top of a mountain, forest fires, that kinda stuff.

Edit: not all on the same day of course!

Ritchie, is your family from the Burns Lake area?

Edited by Likely Guy

When I was a kid there were these tidal pools and something of a 'sea wall' where the tides would rise up periodically in the day or during storms and waves would smash against this big old chipping wall of rock. I was out there one day and the waves were coming up closer and bigger, but I was stupid and ignored it for the time being. Well, suddenly out of nowhere a huge wave swelled up and you could tell it was going to slam straight into the cliff I was climbing (not a safe thing to do in the first place). There was no time to get down off the cliffside and run up to safe ground, and I figured if the wave pulled me off the wall I'd either drown or get hurled down onto some rocks and go that way. Mind you this entire thing was known for crumbling away, so scrambling up it any further didn't seem like an Einstein move either, but that's what I did and the wave came, ripped out a few barrel fulls of the cliff my feet had been at, and when it went back out I managed to climb 2/3 of the way back down before I dropped and ran.

Getting sniped by unseen Indonesian troops in Borneo! (Fortunately, their aiming is as good as my ballet dancing!)

• Like 1

- Right oh! My mate reckons, whilst in QLD said her cousin walked home from a party on a long and dusty road one night.,. (Enter footsteps) walking walking as you do. The further up the road the louder the and closer the steps got. LOL She could see a phone box in the distance and walked faster.,. Eventually started to run for her life. The footsteps were right behind her and as she ran a four legged animal proceeded to run up right next to her. Demons head with human front arms and its back feet were hoofed. She turned to catch it glaring at her with a grin. Finally she came to the telephone box and shut the door behind her. The animal paced around the box taunting, it stood on its back legs folded its arm and proceeded to tap its tail on the window! She began to dial 000 the moment she started to explain her situation the animal was no where to be found. O.O

Generally you won't find a telephone box on any random dusty bush road, and very rarely do they have any glass left in them, from vandals. Mostly Majority of Telstra phone boxes are out of order, so In my opinion the story isn't all that correct.

A working phone box in the bush.,. Pffftt.,. No such thing!!! ROFL XD

-A local elder called Micky is said to be a a Feather Foot, gadicha man!

The cops picked him up 300 Klms away from his home town on a neighbouring community for drunken and disorderly behaviour so they put him in the lock up for the night. Next day the SGT let him out at 6:00. The cops offered him a ride back to town but refused, still cursing drunken local lingo at them for taking his bottle the night before. The cops left him outside of the community centre and proceeded to drive back to town. Approx 3 1/2 hrs drive.

After arriving within 1/2 hours of being back in town they saw Mickey walking up the street with his bottle.

Apparently Micky had been in town 3 hours before the cops made it. Feathered feet elder, ya don't mess with them! XD

Okay now Mickey on many occasion asked me for "fiddy cent" for an ice cream, and eveytime I'd say to Mickey.,. "No grog old man". "Na nothing.,. Too hot I want ice cream". So Of he'd go and get his soft serve happy as Larry!

Mickey used to threaten the PO girls with a bone for his cheque, "You gottem my money, you don't give me my money imma point dis bone at you". For years this went on, and one of the girls had decided to keep her roast lamb one and take it to work. Same again, Mickey came in to point the bone at the girls. So it happened, the girl replied, "Na Mickey, that's not a bone.,. This is a bone". Biggest lamb bone ya ever seen. Mickey went white and legged it as fast as his little legs would shoot him out the door. He had a been a pleasure to serve after that. Mannered and respective.

Ya know they were almost going to put Mickey's face on a Postal stamp, Australia wide, I think Mary Mackillop one the honor!

Came upon a mother bear and cub. She was was not happy a bear, I backed away and she was happy with that. Then there was the time I came upon drug runners, they had guns. Luckily I saw them before they saw me, so I hit the ground and hid until they left.

• Like 1

Watching a helicopter crash, a guy losing his hand, caught in a hurricane cell on top of a mountain, forest fires, that kinda stuff.

Edit: not all on the same day of course!

Ritchie, is your family from the Burns Lake area?

My family is from the Delta area of the Lower Mainland in British Columbia, Canada. I travel to the interior a lot though.

• Like 1

My family is from the Delta area of the Lower Mainland in British Columbia, Canada. I travel to the interior a lot though.

Oh, sorry R.B. jr.. This is a case of mistaken identity. My brother knew the Blackmore's from Burns Lake. One of them was named Richard.

I didn't know that you named yourself after the more famous 'Ritchie Blackmore'. As an aside, I used to go to school with Bill Murray.

Sorry. :)

Hahaha wow, I thought this post was going to be about something totally different.

Me too! LOL.

Being charge by a grizzly all by myself in the middle of nowhere and almost falling of a cliff.

• 4 weeks later...

When I was younger we went camping out in the bush. Later that night we thought we could hear someone screaming "heeeeelp". A really slow drawn out help. After a while we realised it was a sheep someone making the noise. :wacko:

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, sorry R.B. jr.. This is a case of mistaken identity. My brother knew the Blackmore's from Burns Lake. One of them was named Richard.

I didn't know that you named yourself after the more famous 'Ritchie Blackmore'. As an aside, I used to go to school with Bill Murray.

Sorry. :)

It's quite alright. But you see, my username is only that of a musician. I am really inspired by Ritchie Blackmore from Deep Purple, so I threw his name in and put a Jr. behind it. :)