Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Should Jodi Arias be put to death?

Yamato

The same thing that was already going to happen.

I don't believe in the death penalty but if someone came along with a means of making her mute without it being due to torture or an intrusive medical procedure, I'd call it justice - along with a life sentence.

• Like 2

I don't believe in the death penalty but if someone came along with a means of making her mute without it being due to torture or an intrusive medical procedure, I'd call it justice - along with a life sentence.

I don't believe in the death penalty either. I wonder how many people in our countries do? That would be good to debate here. I wonder if it's been seriously debated in the past? It seems to me that people are too complacent and pacified to let our governments decide matters of life and death, and consequently spend all their energy on far lesser subjects revolving around the State instead.

I don't know what Riyeh meant; we don't know what's going to happen here; so it's Life 2, Death 0.

• Like 1

I don't believe in the death penalty either. I wonder how many people in our countries do? That would be good to debate here. I wonder if it's been seriously debated in the past? It seems to me that people are too complacent and pacified to let our governments decide matters of life and death, and consequently spend all their energy on far lesser subjects revolving around the State instead.

I don't know what Riyeh meant; we don't know what's going to happen here; so it's Life 2, Death 0.

Aside from gov aproval of such measures, don't jury's decide the fate?

I don't know about this case, but certain crimes should come with quick decisive justice I think. Wouldn't you think Holmes, the Colorodo theater shooter who is 100% certainly guilty and unfit for society and a waste of tax payer time and money, should just be given the chair? If anything at all, our current death penalty procedures should be dealt with much quicker, like within a week after sentancing. I know, sometimes those sentanced are found later to be innocent but in cases like Holmes what the hell's the point in waiting?

It's all circumstantial I guess. Like the Fort Hood shooter. I think that scum should die but since he has terrorist ties maybe keeping him around to squeeze info is a good reason not to kill him so fast.

• Like 2

Aside from gov aproval of such measures, don't jury's decide the fate?

I don't know about this case, but certain crimes should come with quick decisive justice I think. Wouldn't you think Holmes, the Colorodo theater shooter who is 100% certainly guilty and unfit for society and a waste of tax payer time and money, should just be given the chair? If anything at all, our current death penalty procedures should be dealt with much quicker, like within a week after sentancing. I know, sometimes those sentanced are found later to be innocent but in cases like Holmes what the hell's the point in waiting?

It's all circumstantial I guess. Like the Fort Hood shooter. I think that scum should die but since he has terrorist ties maybe keeping him around to squeeze info is a good reason not to kill him so fast.

First I'll free millions of non-violent criminals....errr "criminals". Then I'll look for additional cost cutting measures.

• Like 2

If we are honest with ourselves and say the death penalty is meant only for vengeance, maybe I could understand having it. But, we as a society like to pretend that it is somehow a deterrent.

However, the worry that we could put to death someone that is truly innocent is too high a price.

Lock em up, throw away the key.

• Like 3

Yup... don't agree with the death penalty either. It's a slippery slope. Look how many foreigners and now some americans the GOV murders in the so-called war on terror? Each generation is being manipulated to believe that being bad is good.

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 2

I'm glad I don't have to give the sentence, for fear it might be too harsh or too lenient, but I don't think it's going to go well with her. For one thing, it seems like she is showing no remorse at all. The only thing good I can think to say of her is, she is a pretty girl. I guess that shows you can't judge a book by its cover. May God give rest to his soul, may his family find peace.

• Like 1

Yup... don't agree with the death penalty either. It's a slippery slope.

My dad had jury duty in a capital murder case where a rapist thug tied a woman up and strangled her to death by twisting coat hangars around her neck. He was on that jury in part because he admitted he believed in the death penalty during the screening process. Our courts don't accept a truly random sampling of our peers to serve on our juries. It's got to be a game played solely by one segment of society who might believe in death depending on the circumstances. They don't want us in their juries. That'd be too fair.

• Like 1