Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NZ Policemen stumped by night noises

Still Waters

Christchurch's crime busters may be in need of some ghostbusters.

Officers at the Hornby station say there have been paranormal occurrences in the building for many years, but there are no clues on who the phantom may be.

Senior Sergeant Pete Laloli, who has run the Hornby station for 20 years, said the night-time spooks had been present as long as he could remember. "If you're in the station by yourself, strange things happen."

http://www.stuff.co....h-crime-busters

• Like 2

Why haven't they set up cameras then?

It would capture the doors opening etc.

• Like 1

Though it seems to be a logical way to try to get a better understanding of this situation, I find that it is often that logical thinking towards finding the evidence to support claims is overlooked in many situations such as this.

I don't suppose they're so interested in capturing evidence, if it was me and related to my job I'd feel conscious of looking unprofessional. But I would have thought a police station would naturally have CCTV covering as much as possible and surely that must have caught something?

• Like 2

Obviously thinking is critical..simply because sense isn't common..

• Like 1

I believe in "ghosts", but I would also not dismiss the idea of officers pulling pranks on other officers.

• Like 4

i believe it but seeing is better because then its not just beliving its knowing.but thats cool and interesting.i wish i see a ghost and spirits one day and soon that would be so cool.send a paranormal group to investigate guys!!!the paranormal state and ghost hunters like taps!

• Like 1

If this is the same police station i heard about last year, they put the particularly nasty criminals in a certain holding cell. In this cell it is often reported that you can hear screaming, as if someone is in pain.

I am sure they posted cameras -- and even if the cops DIDN'T have cameras, it's already been established that doors open & close and that the lights go on an off. This activity is self-actualizing. I think they should research the history of the land and of the building itself. Perhaps the spirit is attached to an object that found its way between the halls: a gift, a decoration, something taken into evidence?

• Like 2

i believe it but seeing is better because then its not just beliving its knowing.but thats cool and interesting.i wish i see a ghost and spirits one day and soon that would be so cool.send a paranormal group to investigate guys!!!the paranormal state and ghost hunters like taps!

I saw a ghost and it is cool. Really opened my eyes to the fact there is more to death than we know about.

They said a catholic church once stood where the station is. Even though there are no graves a priest could of died in the church or on the grounds.

Cool! I would love to visit and experience the ghost, but now that I know there is a ghost there, would I really be experiencing the ghost?

I've been on a couple ghost tours and never really "felt" anytHing whereother people have. I got some great orbs though. ;)

Edit to clarify, I mean on camera... I got some great shots of orbs with my camera.

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 1

whom interesting.

There was no record of anyone dying in the station or any prisoners held there overnight, he said.

Its possible that the Station Could be on a Ley Line.

Or it could be a Human unknowingly causing the phenomenon to occur possible through telekinesis.

Edited by stevemagegod

Since September 2010 there's been over 22 thousand earthquakes and aftershocks in Christchurch..

This can cause doors to open by themselves & lights to flicker..

or.....

It can also rattle graves in the Earth and wake the dead..

or.....

It can rattle nerves.

• Like 3

I don't get it, just because they are police officers that means thay cannot be wrong, or misidentify a common occurance as a paranormal one? I mean in all honesty they are just as likely to exaggerate or mistakenly identify a normal, everyday occurance and turn it into a supernatural one...

Edited by redbundy

Christchurch NZ is in an earthquake zone, so maybe there are slight movements going on in the earth's crust too small to be noticed by humans, but are enough to microscopically stress buildings just enough to cause doors to swing open, walls and floors to creak like footsteps etc.

• Like 2

Aside from all the other reasonings (lack of common sense, etc.. ) it could just be a case of not caring that much. Sure, they say it's mysterious, and a little creepy, but it doesn't seem to bother them at all. Maybe the reason they haven't tried to positively identify any of this, is because they just don't care enough to go the extra lengths. It's noth bothering them, so why bother it?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Considering that most of the earthquakes we are experiencing are inaudible and unregistered by us chch residents, could it be fair to say that the super low frequency sound waves are causing paranormal like experiences as our brains are heightened to the fault line activity?

• 3 weeks later...

When people can't explain something the first thing is they think it's paranormal.People can be wrong 99.99% of the time but 1/100th% could be something you don't want to know.

• 1 month later...