Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Other side of gun ownership

Lilly

This sort of thing happens a lot more than people realize because it doesn't usually end up in national news.

• Like 8

This sort of thing happens a lot more than people realize because it doesn't usually end up in national news.

True.

5 times in the face and neck and dude lived? Lucky. I have hollow points. His head would've no longer existed.

• Like 4

I wonder what the bleeding heart anti gun people would have done in this situation? My guess is that they will ignore this thread.

• Like 4

True.

5 times in the face and neck and dude lived? Lucky. I have hollow points. His head would've no longer existed.

Lived? Darn...

• Like 3

Lived? Darn...

My sentiments exactly.

How dare this disgusting excuse for a human being go after a 9 year old child...he received what he deserved IMO.

• Like 2

And, I don't think this is the 'other side' of gun ownership. This is the reason for ownership.

I agree, self-defense is indeed the valid reason for gun ownership.

• Like 3

My sentiments exactly.

How dare this disgusting excuse for a human being go after a 9 year old child...he received what he deserved IMO.

I agree entirely.. Although the flamed debate over guns will ensue, I'm glad that these kids weren't harmed.

And I'm glad that the mom was good enough of a mom to love her kids that much to protect them the way she did.

That's a good mom.

I wonder what the bleeding heart anti gun people would have done in this situation?

They would have been victims, plain and simple. Their choice.

• Like 4

Once upon a time back in the 1920s a lady from Texas shot a knife weilding man that pursued her into her home's library. Her two youngest children (age 2 years and 6 months) were upstairs asleep at the time. When the home invader broke down the library door the lady unloaded a shotgun killing the man.

The lady was my paternal Grandmother, the 2 year old was my father.

• Like 9

They would have been victims, plain and simple. Their choice.

I couldn't immagine what it would be like being trapped in your own house with the police on the phone, knowing you and your children will die. I have a gun in the attic and thats where i would take my family in a situation like this.

• Like 1

I couldn't immagine what it would be like being trapped in your own house with the police on the phone, knowing you and your children will die. I have a gun in the attic and thats where i would take my family in a situation like this.

Or with the police not on the phone. Let the UK worry about burglars getting hurt. I'm more interested in preventing burglaries by making them understand they'll get their butts blown off if they're stupid enough to burglarize someone.

• Like 3

Lived? Darn...

I'd have put a round through his forehead. When someone rises to kill you - kill them first. To show mercy over acts against oneself is noble but when they try to harm my child - I would end them.
  • Like 2

In this instance the burglar could have easily just robbed the house and simply left the woman and kids alone. He chose to break down 3 doors attempting to get at them. I highly suspect the woman and children would not have been left alive. She did the right thing by shooting this sorry excuse for a human being.

• Like 3

So we should put the onus on the gun owner to decipher the motive of a home invader in real time while the intruder is in their home before we can conclude that shooting becomes the right thing to do? That's not gonna happen.

• Like 2

I wonder what the bleeding heart anti gun people would have done in this situation? My guess is that they will ignore this thread.

They would delude themselves into pretending it did not happen.

• Like 4

I heard a story the other day on the radio that never made national news, so they said. I don't remember it. Anyhow, August 31, 2010 at a school in Tennessee a gunman attempting a mass shooting was shot dead after a long standoff inside the school. That school had armed guards. There's a lot more to the story but you get the relevance. If the good guys had no guns there would be at least 3+x innocent people dead. Since the good guys did, there are only two pieces dead crap instead.

+1

they didn't show up in this thread yet, wonder why.

They'll just claim it's an anomaly. It's not, but they'll swear it is. I had to read in one of the other threads that one poster never sees these stories in the news, just the murder of innocents and that's why we should ban guns (LOL). You can't argue with that kind of ignorance. Well, I'm afraid you don't read those stories because only dead children and innocents make 'journalists' euphoric. They absolutely love it. A home invasion, self-defense killing is just plain ol' boring.

The whitehouse response: http://news.yahoo.com/obama-determined-act-against-gun-violence-biden-164128551.html

(sorry for the slight derail. I did this article 3 days ago, This is a great pro gun event for sure and shes lucky to be alive as she ran out of ammo)

I've told this before but it bears repeating I think. About 15 years ago in Pensacola Florida a guy (idiot) went into his front yard and fired off his handgun (overhead) to disrupt a fight by three of his neighbors. They turned on him and pursued him into his house, down the hall into his bedroom and were trying to kick in the closet door when he finally started shooting. He killed all 3 and the grand jury refused to file charges! What he did was cowboy to the nth degree but what they did was Darwin award stoopid also...

Some people shouldn't own guns and I think this guy is an example of that but if keeping them out of the hands of a defenseless mother who's trying to protect her children is the price of derailing potential stupidity by others then I say NO WAY!!! As an aside - she should be taught to fire at center mass ;)

• Like 3

Thank goodness her kids didn't answer the door.

It's hard to argue against this womans right to protect herself and her kids. Too bad she didn't end that piece of garbage.

• Like 2