Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO filmed over Oneida Lake NY

chase7628

Here is the footage of the UFO

Video link:

- actual UFO

This video was shot in may of 1998 a few months after the Phoenix lights were witnessed, this video takes place over Oneida Lake NY and was seen by 100's of people there are some news clips also loaded up on you tube and I will be uploading an expert round table discussion on the video later tonight. Military explanation for the event did not co inside with the video and witness times and as a result the investigator was asked to leave the military base and was told it was flares. The lights were so bright that 3 hours north of my location on Oneida Lake a lady in Massena NY witnessed the event!! Please take a minute and check this out and let me know what you think.....For years i have been looking for an answer, FOX news entered this into FOX's greatest UFO's ever captured also and to this day there is no explanation for what happened.

more videos:

[media=]

- Fox 68 News Cast

and another

- Expert Analysis Edited by chase7628

Hey Chase,

Definitely suspicious to me - especially due to the fact that the military's story did not coincide with the eyewitnesses stories (and we both know who is really correct), as well as the researcher being asked to leave the base etc. My guess is it was some sort of test that the military was conducting in upstate NY, for what purpose who knows...

Thanks for the videos and story, very interesting!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Here is the footage of the UFO

This video was shot in may of 1998 a few months after the Phoenix lights were witnessed, this video takes place over Oneida Lake NY and was seen by 100's of people there are some news clips also loaded up on you tube and I will be uploading an expert round table discussion on the video later tonight. Military explanation for the event did not co inside with the video and witness times and as a result the investigator was asked to leave the military base and was told it was flares. The lights were so bright that 3 hours north of my location on Oneida Lake a lady in Massena NY witnessed the event!! Please take a minute and check this out and let me know what you think.....For years i have been looking for an answer, FOX news entered this into FOX's greatest UFO's ever captured also and to this day there is no explanation for what happened.

and another

That footage does indeed look like the Phoenix incident, and not that dissimilar to the Fraserburgh UFO or the Denbigh (Wales) sighting either.

Nice find.

:tu:

I live in upstate NY and I'm very familiar with Onieda Lake. I swam in it, fished in it and camped on a few sides of it growing up.

I'm pretty sure that Hancock Field Air National Guard Base was fully active back in 1998. It's roughly 13 miles west of Lakeport NY where that Oneida Lake footage was captured.

Those could have very well been experimental drones, even back then. Last I knew Hancock was being used for drone testing.

Another possiblity is that Oneida Lake is a highly used recreational lake and there are plenty of campsites all around it. Those lights somewhat resemble sky lanterns to me as well.

I live in upstate NY and I'm very familiar with Onieda Lake. I swam in it, fished in it and camped on a few sides of it growing up.

I'm pretty sure that Hancock Field Air National Guard Base was fully active back in 1998. It's roughly 13 miles west of Lakeport NY where that Oneida Lake footage was captured.

Those could have very well been experimental drones, even back then. Last I knew Hancock was being used for drone testing.

Another possiblity is that Oneida Lake is a highly used recreational lake and there are plenty of campsites all around it. Those lights somewhat resemble sky lanterns to me as well.

Find a drone that looks like that; experimental or otherwise. Otherwise you may as well say chinese lanterns.

• Like 1

I don't see anything but lights. Why is this alien in origins?

• Like 1

That footage does indeed look like the Phoenix incident, and not that dissimilar to the Fraserburgh UFO or the Denbigh (Wales) sighting either.

Nice find.

All of them are a group of sphere UFOs act in the line formation.

Edited by Star Man
  • Like 1

Nice find.

:tu:

Yep, sure looks like flares to me.

• Like 1

Nah. Swamp gas is far more believable.

It was good enough for J Allen Hynek, anyone who laughs at the term, do you think you have a better idea of the phenomena than the esteemed Hynek??