Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Render

FDA Lowers Dosages for Popular Sleep Meds

2 posts in this topic

For people who need a prescription sleep medicine to help them nod off, less is now more.

The FDA is requiring that manufacturers of widely used prescription sleep aids containing the active ingredient zolpidem lower the current recommended dosage for these medications. The drugs affected are Ambien, Ambien CR, Edluar and Zolpimist as well as the generic forms of Ambien and Ambien CR.

According to the FDA, new data show that blood levels of zolpidem may be high enough the morning after people take a sleep medication to interfere with the ability to perform activities that require them to be alert. Driving-simulation studies suggest that in some people, zolpidem levels may remain elevated enough to raise the risk of a motor vehicle accident.

http://www.livescience.com/26188-lower-doses-for-sleep-aids.html

This is good. Thanks for the post. I took lunesta for just a short time and not with regularity. I divided the 3 mg. dose in half, to 1.5 mg. and it still gave me chest pains. Went to ER a day after taking them just because of those chest pains. OH well, now I have a base-line EKG. Always good.

A pharmacist tried to poopoo my statement that Lunesta gives me chest pain. I said, "I am not asking you if it gives chest pain to me. I am telling you it does. There is a difference between the two"