Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Thread for the Gear Heads!

ColoradoParanormal

Hey everyone,

Some of you may know that I am a MAJOR gear head and for a serious hobby of mine, I race on a SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) which is a club and sanctioning body supporting road racing, rallying, and autocross in the United States. Formed in 1944, it runs many programs for both amateur and professional racers. This circuit is an ABSOLUTE blast! Here in Colorado, and a few surrounding states, we have some really awesome Road Course tracks!

I know I cannot be the only Gear Head on these great forums here at UM! So, what I'm wanting is to setup a thread that everyone can post pictures, video's, car specifications of mods and of course all the great racing, cruising or just driving stories you may all have! I will start by posting a few pictures of both my race vehicle and my semi-daily driver (pending if it's snowing, going to hail etc) to get us started!

baby.jpg

This is my Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder. She is my "Semi-Daily Driver"

baby4.jpg

AthomeParked.jpg

DirtySide.jpg

Side.jpg

And Now, a few pictures of the car I race on the Circuit:

ferrari2.jpg

My Ferrari F360 Scuderia Spyder.

Fengine.jpg

Finterior.jpg

I REALLY LOOK FORWARD to seeing everyone else cars! Before I purchased these vehicles, when I was still in the Military, I had a 2000 Camaro SS SLP that I had pro-streeted, with a 427 stroker, twin Turbonetics 76mm turbo's, full 12 point roll cage, mini-tub and much much more. I'll post pictures of that after people post theirs! Before the 2000 SS Camaro, I owned a 1968 Camaro SS 396 that I purchased my freshman year of highschool. It was pretty quick, but needed a bit of work. By the time I graduated, I had restored it completely! I wish I still had that, nothing and I mean NOTHING compares to the old Muscle Cars!

So, hope I to see everyone else's rides and stories!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ColoradoParanormal

• Scouser

• tipotep

• Redefining Success

How many clutches has the lambo been through?

We have the transport & recovery contract for these in the uk seems to be if you get 1000 miles out of a clutch your doing good!

How many clutches has the lambo been through?

We have the transport & recovery contract for these in the uk seems to be if you get 1000 miles out of a clutch your doing good!

Are these the Manuel or E-Gear? Mine is an E-Gear, and I drive it pretty hard at times yet I've clocked 6,000miles and have not had an issue yet. However, I was told by the Lamborghini service manager to avoid the LC (Launch Control) system as after 5-6 of these you've cooked the clutch system.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Colorado ,

Yeah I'm a gear head :tu:

I'm in the process of building a custom Ford XB coupe complete with big block & all new running gear , I have converted it from leaf suspension to a full triangulated 4-link set up with coil over shocks & a bullet proof 9" diff .

I have added RRS phase 3 racing front brake & strut kits and have also fitted an after market power steering rack . The engine is a 434 CI ( 429 tickled ) running a 850 HP double pump carb - mech seconds , electronic water pump and a full billet holley fuel pump & bypass regulator , custom aluminum fuel tank .

She is running 20x10's on the back & 17x8's on the front .

Its still a work in progress , if you are interested I can post up some more specs & pics .

Ps - your Lambo .....well ...... you know what I'm thining ..... Just a real weapon !

TiP.

vcd2.jpg

pc8.jpg

rmt1.jpg

rotout5.jpg