Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could you take a life?

Sean93

To protect myself or loved ones, I'd do it. And if someone brutally murdered someone I loved, it probably wouldn't be hard for me to kill them. I feel people who are of sane mind (can tell the difference between fantasy and reality) and commit truly heinous crimes are like rabid animals and should be put down.

I wish I could say yes. The fact that he could walk out and kill millions because of my inaction is horrifying.

If millions of innocent lives were at stake I'd probably die trying to take them out.

The evidence so far in my life suggests I would freeze. Something inside me doesn't even let me hit worth a damn, no matter the provocation. My hand goes up and gets ready for an almighty fist punch then at the last second some force inside pulls back and turns it into the touch of a feather on the other person's upper arm, not even where I was aiming in the first instance.

Not me, I punch/kick as if I'm attempting to channel Bruce Lee's spirit. Remember, this is a murderer...someone that's going to kill the innocent (including you and your family).

Edited by Lilly
clarification
  • Like 2

If millions of innocent lives were at stake I'd probably die trying to take them out.

Not me, I punch/kick as if I'm attempting to channel Bruce Lee's spirit. Remember, this is a murderer...someone that's going to kill the innocent (including you and your family).

Yeah I hope I am capable of remembering that when it's needed most and I can't say my life experience has included something as clear cut as that so I have no real comparison beyond my armchair convictions.

I'm almost positive I could, to why though is a question I'm not so sure I can answer.. Psychologically speaking I don't think anyone is ever really able to take another's life or are they; it's really complicated when you think about it critically, not because we're not mentally capable or physically capable.. It's because we're humans, and let's be honest; we're flawed.

• Like 1

I think the only scenario where I would take another's life would be if they put someone I cared about in danger. If it's a matter of 'their life or the life of someone I care for,' than I don't think taking the life of someone who would harm someone I cared about is immoral. Rather, I think that it's almost natural, which seems like a disturbing thing to say, but it's how I feel about the matter. *shrugs*

• Like 1

Once or twice i considered murder... I was always ready and able to do it but generally something stopped me... Every time i was some sort of delusional but something would snap me out of it.

never underestimate someone, we are all capable of wonderful and terrible things.

• Like 1

never underestimate someone, we are all capable of wonderful and terrible things.

True but people seem to forget someone also includes yourself, if you never been in an extreme situation you might just scare yourself with what you are capable of.

• Like 1

Simple question, could you take a life?

You're in a room with a man/Woman who'll kill millions of people when he/she leaves the room. You have one chance to kill this person then and there and no one will ever find out (police) etc. Do you do it? For me the answer is yes, I could if I felt strongly about it.

I don't think I would if you put me in this situation.

It's nothing to do with physical strength and more to do with me being a law-abiding citizen.

However if this person is capable of killing millions of people then I'll be a pushover.

But what if this person is like Typhoid Mary and I can finish him or her just like that.

The person might not be armed and not even look like the type to kill with their bare hands.

Besides if I did kill the person I would need to be pretty brainy to defy the forensics department.

I'll have to make sure to get rid of all traces and scrub the place up pretty well.

Let's hope it's not a bloody death in case the cops decide to use Luminol.

I don't think my religious faith will make an iota of difference whatever I do.

Because I havn't got one to speak of.

Edited by Medium Brown

I have taken lives,It is what I was best at,1000 yard head shots all day long,But it's like I'm not proud to ever kill a human,to see someone who is shooting back and to have to put one in his body was the word of the day back in the gulf war.then the others that followed,My first kill still haunts me today,but it got easier.I hated days that I killed more than 3 insurgents,I was most happy when not a shot was fired.But when the caca hit the fan....I was good at what I did and I was glad I did it,my fellow commrads were glad I was such a good shot and only for them did I clear the way for them.When I got back to the states a few years back I had to kill an intruder who was armed,little did he know that the house he invaded was someone who knew nothing but war,But to this day I hate killing and will only do so IF life is of no value to the perp.The lives of my family, friend and neighbors is of more value than mine and I will not hessetate one secound to shoot,But as for killing a human....I will have to answer to God one day and it is not something I am looking forword too,I mean what do I tell him....................

Edited by The Unseen
  • Like 1

Once or twice i considered murder... I was always ready and able to do it but generally something stopped me... Every time i was some sort of delusional but something would snap me out of it.

Wow.I feel for you,I know of a few people here that I wouldnt mind snuffing out,but no they aren't worth the effort or even the bullit.Murder is no way to answer anything,Killing to save lives is diffrent,but to kill in cold blood.....there are better answers to problems that walk and talk,even though their mouths are smart and insulting and provoke muderous outcomes,it is always better to walk away..........but "IF" said one crosses the street infront of you ..who's to say your breaks quit working and you couldn't stop on time.........Na things like that never happen.... :innocent:

I have taken lives,It is what I was best at,1000 yard head shots all day long,But it's like I'm not proud to ever kill a human,to see someone who is shooting back and to have to put one in his body was the word of the day back in the gulf war.then the others that followed,My first kill still haunts me today,but it got easier.I hated days that I killed more than 3 insurgents,I was most happy when not a shot was fired.But when the caca hit the fan....I was good at what I did and I was glad I did it,my fellow commrads were glad I was such a good shot and only for them did I clear the way for them.When I got back to the states a few years back I had to kill an intruder who was armed,little did he know that the house he invaded was someone who knew nothing but war,But to this day I hate killing and will only do so IF life is of no value to the perp.The lives of my family, friend and neighbors is of more value than mine and I will not hessetate one secound to shoot,But as for killing a human....I will have to answer to God one day and it is not something I am looking forword too,I mean what do I tell him....................

Fantastic story you've got there, bud.