Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Miss America contestant

Ashotep

I do squats every day. And I don't need a squat rack. I sure don't need a barbell. I don't even need weights.

P90X/Insanity isn't for body building; it's for extreme fitness. But you will get ripped which is an awesome benefit for those of us involved.

If you want to body build, go to a gym and keep repeating the same exercises over and over again. That's the fastest way to build muscle mass.

If you want to change your life in three months...

Olympians train primarily by practicing whatever it is they're competing for, thousands of times over again. Bodybuilding isn't even a good idea for many Olympians depending on what their sport is, so trying to pad your opinions with all this "Olympian" talk doesn't look right. Exercise is fundamental. If stamina, flexibility, balance, strength, endurance and diet have anything to do with athletics, these "gimmicks" as you call them will help dramatically. If you have such great ideas, then convince people to spend their money on them like the programs you love to badmouth already have. It doesn't surprise me at all that you haven't produced anything from the internet despite your internet access.

Doing squats does not make you a bodybuilder. Your legs contain the largest muscles in your body. You work these and hormones are released. Which is desirable for physical activity and growth. After doing these compound exercises I have become a lot stronger, better posture, health has improved etc. Obviously you don't aim to get as big as possible as it can slow you down in regards to Some olympic sports. But setting a cap and a schedule while doing these exercises can only help.

A friend of mine does competitive fencing and does exactly what I am mentioning and he knows it gives him a big advantage. These aren't my ideas, these are the actual ideas that work which are being implemented by anyone who knows how to gym properly. The results can be seen from bodybuilders, power lifters, olympians to your average joe.

Everyone loves to hear how they can get "ripped" in the shortest time possible (as these program's constantly peddle). But if you really want to get there, its going to take you a lot of time and dedication.

I do squats every day. And I don't need a squat rack. I sure don't need a barbell. I don't even need weights.

P90X/Insanity isn't for body building; it's for extreme fitness. But you will get ripped which is an awesome benefit for those of us involved.

If you want to body build, go to a gym and keep repeating the same exercises over and over again. That's the fastest way to build muscle mass.

If you want to change your life in three months...

So you are doing body squats as I mentioned before or?

I know it isn't for bodybuilding. The workout im stating isn't solely for bodybuilding. If I were to do the training you are doing I wouldn't spend money on a program as I said before the information is out there and quite easily available.

These programs are endurance/resistance training so of course they aren't made to focus on mass gain.