Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Something in my house?

concerned.mama

Well, my husband and I bought a house in May of 2011 and things were pretty great to start off with. A few months after we moved in, I would notice voices at night (I was often the only one awake at night) and I tried not to think much of it. In the last year, we've began to notice more and more weird little occurences. The first big occurence was between my 5 year-old son and I. One night I had a horrible dream that him and I were running away from very large dark figures. We both got to a wall and couldn't run any further, so I crouched down and curled over my son to protect him, we were both crying and I was praying and yelling at the dark shadows to leave us alone. I was suddenly awaken from my dream and realized that my son was in my arms in our bed and we were both crying. That night we had put my son to bed in his bedroom across the hallway from ours. I have no idea how my son got into our bed, into my arms and how we both were crying. I was shaken pretty badly and woke my husband up to tell him what had just happened. We let him sleep in bed with us for the rest of the night and in the morning he told us that he had a nightmare that "big black things" were trying to get him and that I had been protecting him. I have no idea how we managed to have such similar dreams (from his description and my memory of how that dream went).

Slowly we've noticed talking and noises during the night. I will hear laughing and talking, as well as footsteps through the house. I've been the one with the most experiences, as well as my younger sister who lived with us for 5-6 months. She would hear talking as well late at night, and everytime she was in the shower in our bathroom she would hear knocking on the door, sometimes it would happen while we were home but I know none of us were by the bathroom door, and it happened a few times while she was the only one home.

My son also seems to be experiencing things, he has really bad nightmares, to the point that he sleeps in our bed most nights. I've put up rosaries, children's prayers, my father's crucifix and an open bible in the house. We pray every night and still things seem to be happening. Items in the house will go missing, and will pop up days or weeks later where I know I had looked for them. There was also a period of time where I could not find my father's bible (which had been placed on the top level of a shelf just at the beginning of the hallway leading to our bedrooms.) Night before last, my husband was up at 4am to start a fire in our woodstove in the livingroom (we live in Alaska- so the night's get pretty cold) and he heard our son calling out for him, he said he heard him say "daddy?" at the end of the hallway, so my husband stood up (he couldn't see the end of the hallway because our couch was in the way) and no one was there. He said all of the hair stood up on his entire body and he went straight to our bedroom at the other end of the hall where both my son and I were asleep. I told my sister about my husband's experience, as she had just spent 5 days in town visiting us. She said the last night she was there, she couldn't find her cell phone anywhere, so she went to bed without it. She was abruptly woken up by her cellphone slamming into her arm. She had no idea where it had fallen from, or how it could've hit her arm so hard but it did. She didn't want to react scared in fear of something else happening so she laid there for awhile in silence until she calmed down and fell back asleep.

My main concern is, of course, my son. I'm hoping I might get some advice as to what I can do to stop this thing, whatever it is, from terrorizing him. We've also slowly noticed more behavioral problems with him, he will push or hit another child or do something he's not supposed to and when we ask him, he says he doesn't know why he does bad things.

I guess the first question should be would you happen to know what went on in the house beforehand? Often times demonic manafestations occur because of some sort of sinful happening that occured beforehand. Assuming something did happen some item in the house, or some part of the house itself will be acting as the gateway, often times being related to the happening itself in some form or fashion. Related to the dream, that was likely a demonic attack in the mind, it's occured to a lot of people I know including myself. It would likely explain why your son's and your dream was so similar.

Ok, as to the haunting itself. I suppose I could try giving some advice though most of what I'll be saying will be stop gap measures until you find the source and cause. As the head of the household you husband holds a lot of authority on what can happen to his family members through God's authority and power. Get him to pray and truly order through that authority to try and push out the demons and declare a protection over you and your son. That should work, though it will most likely start to mean that they'll focus their attention on him. Next try to get some holy oil (it does work and is even mentioned in the Bible itself) and go into the rooms and push out the demons with prayer (always through Christ's authority) before putting a cross of oil on each of the walls. This will block their ability to get through them, but it does mean it could trap them there if you don't get them out first (hence the prayers for them to leave). Once you have the house covered go out to the corners of your property (ordering them out as you do) and draw crosses there as well. This will block their entrance, but only for a time. Redoing it will work, but you should try to find the source and either purify it through prayer or fire as soon as you can afterwards.

• Like 1

I would try to find out the history of that house. Take pictures where things seem to be happening. Might think about moving. I wish you well.

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

As far as we know, nothing bad has happened at the house. There was an accidental fire in the bathroom 5-6 years ago but no one was injured. They had the pipes and bathroom completely re-done before the last owner (who we bought the house from) bought the house from them. The owner we bought the house from didn't mention anything strange happening, and the people who owned the house before him (my husband and I are friends with them) never really mentioned anything, anlthough we never asked.

I did not mention before that I have personally had experiences myself. Mostly dreams of a demon trying to possess me, some of them trying to scare me. I've also dreamt, although sometimes questioned if it was a a dream or not, that I'm being held down by something I can't see, and I can't move or talk/scream. When I was 18, after I graduated, my mom, brother and I were all going to move to another city into my step-dad's house. I had never been there, but a few nights before we left town I dreamt that I was in a bedroom I had never seen before, and my stereo (the one I had owned at the time) was in the room. I was hiding scared in bed under the blankets and all of the sudden the stereo turned on, but it was just the static noise. It was so loud, and all of the sudden I could hear and feel a demon yelling as loud as he could in my ear on top of the static. I never did understand what he was yelling, but this dream went on for what felt like all night. I still remember what the voice sounded like, I get the chills when I remember the sound. I was used to dreams like that, but I was startled when I got to my stepdads house and my room was exactly as it looked in my dream. There was also a period of almost a year of which I had the same recurring dream every single night. It would all play out the same, and in the end I was lying in a street dying. I died every single night for almost a year. I don't remember why the dreams stopped, but they did until a couple of years ago when they started up.

My mother and sister are also very sensitive to...I'm not even sure what you call it. They both sense things...spirits or something. I don't know. My sister has always been like that, she was tormented by spirits when she was younger and my mother was the same. I know it might sound unbelievable, or things pulled from scary movies, but everything that's happened has been absolutely and 100% real. The more I type and realize all of the things I've been through, the less I think it's the house and the more I think it may be me, or my family? Also, my husband does not believe in God, or prayer, so I've taken initiative in trying to fix things. We actually have a Deacon coming to our house this weekend to bless the house and sprinkle holy water. Hopefully that will help.

I would try to find out the history of that house. Take pictures where things seem to be happening. Might think about moving. I wish you well.

Welcome to the forum.

We don't know of anything happening in the house. The house was built in the late 30's, early 40's in Nome, Alaska. The town does have quite a violent and crazy history during the gold rush, but as far as we are aware the area of town our house is built in was not an established living area during that time period.

• Like 1

What I was mentioning was only the most common source I know of when it comes to the source of conflict. It could technically be something else connected to family as it seems with you, though I have no clue how those things go as I don't have those experiences. The praying them out room by room and using the oil should still work, though as I said it would mainly be something to only stop the physical manafestations themselves, and only for a time before needing to be renewed. For a more permanent solution I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest. If your son was older I might suggest having the father transfer authority to the son (as I'm in this position I know it works), but he appears to be too young for this.

For the believability portion, I grew up in the same position really, with only the manafestations not being as bad. Your son is being attacked mentally with demons exerting an influence he probably doesn't even know about himself. I know this because I went through it myself, though the influence did not start until I myself was 11. God and morals brought me out stronger, barely, but luckily you can do more for him than what happened with me. Pray for you son, order out those influences that aren't God or his own. Pay attention to what's going on with him and above all explain what's going on to him so he can figure out what's not him himself. Took me 5 years before I figured it out, he can figure it out sooner. Normally I wouldn't suggest bringing him into this world yet, to let him find it himself, but he's obviously being attacked and as your husband isn't going to be guarding him he needs to be able to fight if you want him to come out as himself *shrugs*. I walked a lonely path, don't let him do the same.

Sorry I can't help more, I just don't have the experience to back anything else. Best thing I could do is tell you to find a deliverance pastor.

I'm not sure where all this energy orginates from either. But I appreciate your advice and input, it is very helpful. My main concern is my son, because he seems to be much of the focus of these things that happen; imitating his voice, dreams with him in it, him acting out, etc. The Deacon is also going to focus some time on him, pray and bless him, so I'm hoping that will help. I definitely don't want this to be something he has to experience for much longer, or for the rest of his life. I've been doing a lot of research on what I can do to make it better, and I'm willing to try pretty much anything, so hopefully we find a solution soon.

We don't know of anything happening in the house. The house was built in the late 30's, early 40's in Nome, Alaska. The town does have quite a violent and crazy history during the gold rush, but as far as we are aware the area of town our house is built in was not an established living area during that time period.

It could of happened on the property before the house was built.

As far as we know, nothing bad has happened at the house. There was an accidental fire in the bathroom 5-6 years ago but no one was injured. They had the pipes and bathroom completely re-done before the last owner (who we bought the house from) bought the house from them. The owner we bought the house from didn't mention anything strange happening, and the people who owned the house before him (my husband and I are friends with them) never really mentioned anything, anlthough we never asked.

I did not mention before that I have personally had experiences myself. Mostly dreams of a demon trying to possess me, some of them trying to scare me. I've also dreamt, although sometimes questioned if it was a a dream or not, that I'm being held down by something I can't see, and I can't move or talk/scream. When I was 18, after I graduated, my mom, brother and I were all going to move to another city into my step-dad's house. I had never been there, but a few nights before we left town I dreamt that I was in a bedroom I had never seen before, and my stereo (the one I had owned at the time) was in the room. I was hiding scared in bed under the blankets and all of the sudden the stereo turned on, but it was just the static noise. It was so loud, and all of the sudden I could hear and feel a demon yelling as loud as he could in my ear on top of the static. I never did understand what he was yelling, but this dream went on for what felt like all night. I still remember what the voice sounded like, I get the chills when I remember the sound. I was used to dreams like that, but I was startled when I got to my stepdads house and my room was exactly as it looked in my dream. There was also a period of almost a year of which I had the same recurring dream every single night. It would all play out the same, and in the end I was lying in a street dying. I died every single night for almost a year. I don't remember why the dreams stopped, but they did until a couple of years ago when they started up.

My mother and sister are also very sensitive to...I'm not even sure what you call it. They both sense things...spirits or something. I don't know. My sister has always been like that, she was tormented by spirits when she was younger and my mother was the same. I know it might sound unbelievable, or things pulled from scary movies, but everything that's happened has been absolutely and 100% real. The more I type and realize all of the things I've been through, the less I think it's the house and the more I think it may be me, or my family? Also, my husband does not believe in God, or prayer, so I've taken initiative in trying to fix things. We actually have a Deacon coming to our house this weekend to bless the house and sprinkle holy water. Hopefully that will help.

When you talk about feeling like something is holding you down and you can't move or scream that sounds like sleep paralysis. That happens to a lot of people. I had something show up in my bedroom once that was very frightening and I could move, scream, anything I wanted and it was still there. It moved from the side of my bed to the foot. I finally told it, to the best of my memory that was a long time ago, 'in the name of god and everything that is holly you are not welcome in my home and it left. I don't know how I could of still been dreaming after being a wake for so long. The image of that thing is burned in my brain, looked like the devil.

I do believe there are ghosts after seeing one, nothing frightening just my cat. I've not had many experiences but maybe you are more in tuned to that world than I and they seek you out. I'm just guessing, I'm no expert. I doubt all spirits are nice because not all people are.

I've had a few premonitions too, I'm a wake when I do it but you may be doing in through dreams.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

generally spirits aren't nice, hell, they aren't generally what one would classify as spirits lol. I've only heard of one story with a kind spirit in it, and I kinda suspect it was an angel as it was guarding the place it was in :)

edit: ah, no offense meant by this...

I'm not sure where all this energy orginates from either. But I appreciate your advice and input, it is very helpful. My main concern is my son, because he seems to be much of the focus of these things that happen; imitating his voice, dreams with him in it, him acting out, etc. The Deacon is also going to focus some time on him, pray and bless him, so I'm hoping that will help. I definitely don't want this to be something he has to experience for much longer, or for the rest of his life. I've been doing a lot of research on what I can do to make it better, and I'm willing to try pretty much anything, so hopefully we find a solution soon.

Your son's the one that can be most influenced as he grows. They can torment you, but your mind and personality is already formed and you are much more independent. He would be considered the spoils in the scripture about tying the strong man (your husband) up before stealing from a household. As I said, do a search on deliverance pastors. I might suggest looking into an exorcist as you're catholic, but as there isn't any actual possessions yet that wouldn't do much.

Edited by shadowx

If you really want this activity to stop I will offer some honest and reasonable measures that will protect you and your son and 99% make this stop. If you are more or less intrigued by the paranormal and your true reason for posting is to further explore or understand these happenings, then I cannot help you.

So if your answer is that you actually want all the excitement to stop, here is what you need to do, it will be a minor investment $150-$300 depending on your budget. (Small price to pay to protect your child)

Purchase a home DVR + digital camera kit, you will want a minimum of 3 camera's all with infra-red (nightvision) which is mostly standard on these kits. One to three digital microphones depending on your budget. (I will provide a link to a very affordable decent quality kit at the end of the post.)

Place one camera at the entrance to your child's room, these cameras have a wide view so they will see his entire room. Place one camera in the main thru-way in your house as well as a microphone (perferably a cardioid vocal mic to get rid of alot of unessarry white noise) Place one camera viewing into your bedroom. Any additional mic's can be placed wherever you have "heard" the voices coming from. Wiring of this stuff is childs play, no electrical skill required and you can make it temporary. Even the smallest hard-drive DVR will record effort free for up to 7-10 days without needing to reset.

If you take even the majority of the above steps then you will only have three possible results.

1 - the activity will cease almost immediately, you can leave the cameras up to ensure safety or try taking them all down.

2 - you will capture video evidence of the paranormal with timestamps and have it on digital media that can be analysed by any local college's science or forensics department. You may also

capture audio that will further enhance the evidence. You will garner attention from not only paranormal investigators but "real" scientists and possibly be at the forefront of one of

humanity's greatest discoveries, other worldly or dimensional beings. They will be able to offer insight and assistance. You will likely be rich.

3 - sadly, you may capture footage of either a family member, friend of the family or some intruder with access to your home, doing these things to scare your family for whatever reason.

Either way, small investment to solve a scary problem.

Here's a link to a reasonable Security camera Kit - in fact WOW only $115! http://www.cctvhotde...-cameras-3.html

Edited by CakeOrDeath

I did not mention before that I have personally had experiences myself. Mostly dreams of a demon trying to possess me, some of them trying to scare me. I've also dreamt, although sometimes questioned if it was a a dream or not, that I'm being held down by something I can't see, and I can't move or talk/scream. When I was 18, after I graduated, my mom, brother and I were all going to move to another city into my step-dad's house. I had never been there, but a few nights before we left town I dreamt that I was in a bedroom I had never seen before, and my stereo (the one I had owned at the time) was in the room. I was hiding scared in bed under the blankets and all of the sudden the stereo turned on, but it was just the static noise. It was so loud, and all of the sudden I could hear and feel a demon yelling as loud as he could in my ear on top of the static. I never did understand what he was yelling, but this dream went on for what felt like all night. I still remember what the voice sounded like, I get the chills when I remember the sound. I was used to dreams like that, but I was startled when I got to my stepdads house and my room was exactly as it looked in my dream. There was also a period of almost a year of which I had the same recurring dream every single night. It would all play out the same, and in the end I was lying in a street dying. I died every single night for almost a year. I don't remember why the dreams stopped, but they did until a couple of years ago when they started up

I used to have the same type of nightmares you did, for years as a child. And voices I heard and dark forboding energy/presence in my room. They would not stop. I would find my way to the hallway heater and sleep there each night curled up against the wall. It was there that I would get partial relief. It got so bad, they started to pressure me in my dreams. They said that the scary stuff would stop if I just joined them. This scared me even more and they kept on and on.

One day I got ahold of a dark arts book that told of how to conjure and how to send away spirits. It said that you simply had to voice a very clear 'NO' and mean it. It came down to a confrontation in my dreaming. I found myself in a pinkish room with a devilish looking creature. There were no doors or windows. He kept telling me that all I had to do was join up with their cause and the nightmares would stop. I looked straight at him, scared but also bold not wanting to lose my soul. I said "NO!! AND I MEAN IT!" At that point a door opened in the wall and I walked out. The nightmares stopped then and there. Other dreams have been weird but from then on I knew that they could never really hurt me; that the light was behind me. That's also why I call myself Silhouette. ;)

1. Start by deliebrately becoming aware that you are dreaming while you dream. I found that when you see something outlandish, your logical mind can be awakened by saying "hey, that's not possible". When you do that, instantly say, "oh, only if I'm dreaming" and viola! You will be aware that you are dreaming. Say "I must be dreaming". I find that at this point, characters in your dream will start to act nervous, like you're onto them...or have become more powerful suddenly and they can sense that instantly.

2. Don't look at anything too long. Just take short glances and the scenery will start to stabilize.

3. When whatever it is that bothers you presents itself, keep reminding yourself that you are dreaming, and because you are aware of that, YOU are more powerful than before. Your foe will sense that too.

4. Tell it in no uncertain terms that you want it gone forever. In dreaming, words are everything because they aren't just communication, they are the extension of your will. The creature cannot interfere with your free will. That's the "law" over there.

5. Once you have command in your dreams, begin to talk to it aloud in waking life. Go into rooms where it bothers people and say 'you can't be here anymore'. Give "whatever" a special place in a closet or shed or somewhere the family doesn't go often and tell it to remain there [if it's not too malignant].

6. If it is malignant, you will have to find what is inside the people in your house that is drawing it there. Unresolved family issues, addictions etc. can be the perfect "welcome mat" for these entities which ultimately feed on the energy released in strife. Laughter,the genuine kind and good humor are like poison to them. They will starve to death in such an environment.