Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The split second

Tr14n913

The choice   

5 members have voted

1. 1. what will you do?

• Fire and be taken to jail for lifetime
    • Wait and see what the outcome will be

you see that your best friend and family member are being held captive by a criminal, he has a gun in his hands and will shoot if nothing happens, the police is also around them, they say that if you shoot you would be also be taken away,

you have the gun in your hands, the criminal has intel that the police needs

you have a clear line of sight to shoot him in the head,

what would you do?

and why?

would it be worth it?

I'll plead temporary insanity.

Unjustified outcomes shouldn't be taken into account in a moral argument. Anyway, while you're in jail at least your family and best friends can visit with a cake or something. If they were dead you would probably feel more trapped than you would in jail

• Like 4

you see that your best friend and family member are being held captive by a criminal, he has a gun in his hands and will shoot if nothing happens, the police is also around them, they say that if you shoot you would be also be taken away,

you have the gun in your hands, the criminal has intel that the police needs

you have a clear line of sight to shoot him in the head,

what would you do? I'd shoot him..

Why? Because it's that or risk the lives of others for the sake of one who holds no value to other peoples lifes..

would it be worth it? One hopes.... but I would probably spend the rest of my life wondering if I did the right thing..

• Like 1

No offense, but this whole thread is an oxymoron. If it's a split second decision, then there's no way to possibly fully contemplate the situation in that short amount of time. Much less post a thread for others to debate each other with and put it to a vote.

• Like 3

No offense, but this whole thread is an oxymoron. If it's a split second decision, then there's no way to possibly fully contemplate the situation in that short amount of time. Much less post a thread for others to debate each other with and put it to a vote.

I agree

Not only that. The scenario is totally unrealistic...only in the movies.

Nah, just shoot the criminal in the nuts. The police can interrogate later. :passifier:

• Like 2

I'd shoot him to get back at the police for being douchebags. "You can't shoot him, he has intel we need; let him kill your parents or you go to jail."

(Although part of me wants to walk from the room)

Edited by Sean93