Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Animals go to Heaven?

Ultima Weapon

Ghost_965c0e_2777970.jpg

its not loading for me either.

your picture is poop. :lol:

Why are we discussing ghost poop in an animals thread anyway!?!?

confusedfaceblogpic1.png

Scenario: I'm in heaven experiencing a neverending state of absolute blissful paradise, and so are you.

Therefore, why the **** would want to try and get you to poop!?!? :blink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Not me to poop....you to try and get me to clean up your dogs poop while you are in your blissful state in paradise....but seems libstaK has solved that problem for us...no one is going to be pooping up there.

FCOL....i am not even religious!! :cry:

Why are we discussing ghost poop in an animals thread anyway!?!?

confusedfaceblogpic1.png

YOU started it!

There may already be a thread about this, but if not I'm just curious as to your thoughts on the matter...

(and to all non-believers, please refrain from smart aleck comments like "no because there is no heaven." Besides, my target audience are my fellow Christians after all...)

A few books I all ways recommend to people on a pet loss chat site I volunteer in.

Cold Noses at the pearly gates :

There are no words that can fill the emptiness we feel with the loss of a precious companion pet. Their unconditional love and devotion are missed as much as their splendid and unique personality. But we can replace the grief with joyful anticipation and hope, if we understand that there is a plan for them. The words of this book are offered to guide you to that place. You may begin reading as a skeptic, but you will end with a newfound hope and a lot of important things to think about. Gary Kurz, Author

coldnoses-pearlygates-207x300.jpg

waggingtailsinheaven-201x300.jpg

FurryFriendsForevermore-coming-199x300.jpg

http://coldnosesbook.com/

There are no words that can fill the emptiness we feel with the loss of a precious companion pet. Their unconditional love and devotion are missed as much as their splendid and unique personality. But we can replace the grief with joyful anticipation and hope, if we understand that there is a plan for them. The words of this book are offered to guide you to that place. You may begin reading as a skeptic, but you will end with a newfound hope and a lot of important things to think about. Gary Kurz, Author

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 2

Thats were we differ, I would help animals first. But that does not mean I would not help a human........... just an animal first.

Our time in life is short, but its still a whole long longer than our pets.

Same here.....Save a animal before a Human...Humans do not have unconditional love..... ( Hint, see my signature )

:nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw:

• Like 4

Same here.....Save a animal before a Human...Humans do not have unconditional love..... ( Hint, see my signature )

:nw::nw::nw::nw::nw::nw:

Ditto. And love your memorial page! Here's my memorial for my lost furbabies: http://www.thissideofheaven.ca Sure hope I get to see them again some day!

• Like 2

Ditto. And love your memorial page! Here's my memorial for my lost furbabies: http://www.thissideofheaven.ca Sure hope I get to see them again some day!

:tu: Thank You, and sorry for your losses, and happy for the great memories I am sure they all have left you with !

• Like 2

Theologically from a biblical perspective I would have to say no. Only humans were created to have a special relationship with God. Thus only humans have the capacity to choose a life with God. It cheapens our choice if all other animals including flies and mosquitos and maggots automatically spend eternity with God (or is it only pets that go to heaven, the cows who died in slaughterhouses can only claim a Big Mac as their final destination).

I sympathise with the thread starter, my dog passed away several years ago, he was my faithful companion for 16 years or thereabouts. I can only assume that when I get to heaven my spirit being will no longer mourn the loss.

~ Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android
  • Like 2

Theologically from a biblical perspective I would have to say no. Only humans were created to have a special relationship with God. Thus only humans have the capacity to choose a life with God. It cheapens our choice if all other animals including flies and mosquitos and maggots automatically spend eternity with God (or is it only pets that go to heaven, the cows who died in slaughterhouses can only claim a Big Mac as their final destination).

I sympathise with the thread starter, my dog passed away several years ago, he was my faithful companion for 16 years or thereabouts. I can only assume that when I get to heaven my spirit being will no longer mourn the loss.

~ Regards, PA

To be honest, I don't understand how it "cheapens our choice" if animals get a free pass. Is it the capacity to be good that sets us apart from the animal kingdom or the capacity for conscious acts of evil?

• Like 2

I'd be lying if I said I was a Christian. I'm not. But I strongly believe in an afterlife. For both humans and animals, When ,my father passed away years ago, I was left to care for his german shepherd, Kelly. So, as all things go, the years went by and the dog grew older. Then one night as I was sleeping, my father came to me in a dream. He said he was taking his dog home. Needless to say, I woke up the next morning and Kelly was dead on the kitchen floor. Take this how you may, but I believe animals go to an afterlife. The thought of reuniting with bygone pets that I had and whose passings I took so hard, would truly make Heaven, Heaven.

• Like 3

To be honest, I don't understand how it "cheapens our choice" if animals get a free pass. Is it the capacity to be good that sets us apart from the animal kingdom or the capacity for conscious acts of evil?

You could argue either way - our capacity for good or conscious evil are two sides of the same coin. Personally I'd argue instead that it is our ability to choose God that separates us, and more importantly God's decision to choose us. Perhaps "cheapens" wasn't the right word to use under the circumstances. I just find it quite impossible to believe that humans as the only creatures who can choose God are also the only creatures who have possibility of being exempt from God's presence. Especially when we consider whether flies and maggots are equally likely to be in heaven (as I mentioned in my previous post). Suffice it to say that I cannot think of any Bible passage that refers to an animal other than mankind having a soul.
  • Like 1

Yea sure why not? We are all animals..Only difference is.. God made it easy for the rest of the animals to get into heaven, we on the other hand have to jump through some hoops lol

• Like 4

You could argue either way - our capacity for good or conscious evil are two sides of the same coin. Personally I'd argue instead that it is our ability to choose God that separates us, and more importantly God's decision to choose us. Perhaps "cheapens" wasn't the right word to use under the circumstances. I just find it quite impossible to believe that humans as the only creatures who can choose God are also the only creatures who have possibility of being exempt from God's presence. Especially when we consider whether flies and maggots are equally likely to be in heaven (as I mentioned in my previous post). Suffice it to say that I cannot think of any Bible passage that refers to an animal other than mankind having a soul.

I would tend to think that all creatures who live on the planet would go to Heaven. Soul is a hard thing to describe. I would say Awareness is more accurate. Biblically speaking however; Hell was created for Satan and his angels. Man was given a choice and made a bad one...therefore Man lost the Oneness with God that he had prior to that...hence it is Man that needed to be saved...not the animals, so I would think that their Awareness would continue...Imagining that Heaven is only occupied by God, Angels and Humans...seems ridiculously sterile to me.

• Like 2

I could narrow my thoughts down to a bare minimum, and suggest that only people like me can get into heaven, no one else.. If you do not follow my path, you are forever sunk...Animals do not get into heaven, only those of us who have intelligence and follow god..It is crazy to assume animals fit that bill, when we know they are not that intelligent or spiritual as we are.... So, no, your beloved mutt will not be sniffing all the butts he likes in doggy heaven, there is none

Oh my that really was narrowing my mind down..I found that weird, but strangely, there are people who do in fact think along those narrow lines and chant - "Heaven is for me and people like me.. Jesus made me a room with a view, so I can look down on all of you.". I think if I had to say that to people in real life, I wouldn't be able to keep a straight face lol

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 2

Consider the frog in the pond. Do we know...can we experience that frogs Awareness? No. We hear the frog croaking and we think it is calling out for a mate. How do we know that some of that croaking might not be the Frog 'worshipping' the Creator...croaking out his Praise? And as far as flys and maggots.....that's like saying Humans and fetuses....

The Bible doesn't say whether animals go to heaven or not, but some verses might give us a clue-

"God.. in whose hand is the soul of every living thing" (Job12:10 KJV)

Jesus said:-"God won't forget the death of a sparrow" (Matt 10:29)

God said - "Every animal of the forest is mine,and the cattle on a thousand hills.I know every bird in the mountains,and the creatures of the field are mine,for the world is mine,and all that is in it" (Psalm 50 10-12)

Also, heaven by definition is "Paradise", but it wouldn't be paradise if we were grieving at being separated from our pets, so it follows that we won't be separated.. :)

Edited by Crikey
  • Like 2

Look at the bold, watch the videos......

I believe the dog lived......One risking it's life to save another.

No one cares......Humans suck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fn5ce-0GBQ

• Like 7

If there is a heaven, then the spirits there has all the good qualities of a human, and none of the bad ones. If animals are there, the same would be true for them. There would be no killing or fighting for survival (dogs wouldn't chase cats, etc.). No need for bad behavior since there isn't a physical body.

• Like 1

No one cares......Humans suck.

Quite right! :tu:

• Like 1

:tu: Thank You, and sorry for your losses, and happy for the great memories I am sure they all have left you with !

I clicked on your signature and watched the two videos of your wolf / dog Sakari .. I must say, I really enjoyed the videos, she looked beautiful and playful ..I also liked the look of the black dog that I caught a glimpse of..

I clicked on your signature and watched the two videos of your wolf / dog Sakari .. I must say, I really enjoyed the videos, she looked beautiful and playful ..I also liked the look of the black dog that I caught a glimpse of..

Thank You Beckys Mom......The 2 black dogs are rescued " mutts", both were very sweet also. Sakari just had something special about her. They are all in Urns now, and in a nice cabinet, with cards and such. All to be buried with me and the wife, and any future members of our family. We have 2 Shkiperkees now ( spelling )......We went from large dogs and a Wolf, to little dudes.

You proclaim the love of Jesus Christ. Yet you would walk past your own brother in his time of need. I have found In my many travels that the biggest a- holes were so- called "Christians". Or as I call them,"Modern Day Pharisees". The Lord loved All, including animals. you self appointed sob's

• Like 2

Thank You Beckys Mom......The 2 black dogs are rescued " mutts", both were very sweet also. Sakari just had something special about her. They are all in Urns now, and in a nice cabinet, with cards and such. All to be buried with me and the wife, and any future members of our family. We have 2 Shkiperkees now ( spelling )......We went from large dogs and a Wolf, to little dudes.

We had a rescued young dog / pup once.. A Springer Spaniel we named Charlie..Every time we took him to the park, he always got hissed at by the swans and he never learned his lesson lol.. He lived until he was over 14 years, but had to be put down in the end because he was almost blind and took ill, poor old boy just couldn't hack it ..We keep pictures of him up at home

I think schipperkes are lovely little dogs.. Here is a newborn pup so cute - http://www.gotpetson...chipperke-0014/

I like this one though - http://www.google.co...289&tx=77&ty=65 They are nice in both black and white dogs

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

You proclaim the love of Jesus Christ. Yet you would walk past your own brother in his time of need. I have found In my many travels that the biggest a- holes were so- called "Christians". Or as I call them,"Modern Day Pharisees". The Lord loved All, including animals. you self appointed sob's

Who are you aiming at ?