Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do Animals go to Heaven?

Ultima Weapon

When I was a kid I got into that with a peacher. He said no, animals don't have souls. I told him I am not going then, so there isn't much point in me going to church. I was told that several times as I was growing up and it was one reason I bumped Christianity when I turned 18.

• Like 1

A lot of the people( some, not a lot), seem to think they are on a first name basis with Jesus Christ. Wow. I should go out and see if I wish I was that incredible. He knows who I am. That's all that matters. These said people seem to think that by being a friend of Jesus it gives them licence to be an a-hole.I can count the names in my town.

I do think animals will go to heaven. If you look at:

"The visible universe, then, is itself destined to be transformed, "so that the world itself, restored to its original state, facing no further obstacles, should be at the service of the just," sharing their glorification in the risen Jesus Christ" (CCC 1047).

As animals are part of the "visible universe" this then can give us hope that it may be possible that they too might share in "their glorification in the risen Jesus Christ."

Edited by Star of the Sea
  • Like 1

These said people seem to think that by being a friend of Jesus it gives them licence to be an a-hole.I can count the names in my town.

So, you are cheesed off because you don't have your own licence? or was it revoked ?

I'm kidding, but you do have some issues with Christians lol..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

A lot of the people( some, not a lot), seem to think they are on a first name basis with Jesus Christ. Wow. I should go out and see if I wish I was that incredible. He knows who I am. That's all that matters. These said people seem to think that by being a friend of Jesus it gives them licence to be an a-hole.I can count the names in my town.

I don't deny that there are a lot of so called "Christians" that claim to be followers of Jesus Christ, but do the complete opposite of his teachings. However not all are, therefore it doesn't mean that God or Jesus Christ should be blamed and/or scrutinized over certain people's wrong doing.

• Like 1

I do think animals will go to heaven. If you look at:

"The visible universe, then, is itself destined to be transformed, "so that the world itself, restored to its original state, facing no further obstacles, should be at the service of the just," sharing their glorification in the risen Jesus Christ" (CCC 1047).

As animals are part of the "visible universe" this then can give us hope that it may be possible that they too might share in "their glorification in the risen Jesus Christ."

See I like that, also I think that if all creatures of the earth are God's as mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread aka: "all God's creatures" is a common theme in the world, then really we are just borrowing HIS pets :P , they may be better servants than we ever were, in fact I am sure that is so. My own pets have done a great deal of good for me in my life with their unconditional love and loyalty, not to mention the sheer boon of laughter and playfulness they provide. I am not the final word in the "rewards" due to them for the joy they provide me thinks, it would hardly be fair compensation if that were so.

• Like 1

There is no "heaven", so the question itself is absurd.

• Like 3

I don't believe animals go to heaven, humans included.

• Like 2

See I like that, also I think that if all creatures of the earth are God's as mentioned somewhere earlier in this thread aka: "all God's creatures" is a common theme in the world, then really we are just borrowing HIS pets :P , they may be better servants than we ever were, in fact I am sure that is so. My own pets have done a great deal of good for me in my life with their unconditional love and loyalty, not to mention the sheer boon of laughter and playfulness they provide. I am not the final word in the "rewards" due to them for the joy they provide me thinks, it would hardly be fair compensation if that were so.

Agreed libstaK! I think God gave us our pets to show us what real 'unconditional love is'. If only more people would see what a pure example of goodness they are.

• Like 1

There may already be a thread about this, but if not I'm just curious as to your thoughts on the matter...

(and to all non-believers, please refrain from smart aleck comments like "no because there is no heaven." Besides, my target audience are my fellow Christians after all...)

There is no "heaven", so the question itself is absurd.

*sigh* Some people really don't pay attention, do they. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I agree with others, if my dogs are not there with me then I'll not go either. I've always enjoyed this, and I placed it on the memorial page for my pets that are no longer with us.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the

animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are

made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special

to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes

when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly

he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. You have

been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to

be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look

once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Edited by Karyotype
  • Like 4

Well, perhaps.

If I were to believe in a heaven, my idea was always a personal one. Like being in a place you love with the ones you love, pets included...or I sometimes imagine it as being like Rivendell from Middle Earth...now I'm rambling.

Of course the afterlife is really unimaginable to me because It seems so big and unfathomable, all those souls in one location (perhaps) and even more so, it seems horrific if I'm to spend eternity bowing down and worshiping someone (can you imagine the back pain?!)...still, you all know as much about the afterlife as I do - Nothing; so all we can do is speculate and argue because we all come from different faiths with different doctrines and rules and claims of validity...

On a side note: I saw two dogs rip the stomach off another dog once and that left me in tears as a kid. Now you can say it's a natural animal instinct and that you've trained your Pogo or Benjie to be a 'good boy' but there's no denying that dogs are, by nature, vicious little beasts - If you want to test the validity of this, stick your hand near your dogs mouth when it's next enjoying a big fat chunk of meat, I can tell you it wont stop to lick it...it may bite it though. So then you've a moral argument that comes in about dogs possessing such morals which I don't care for, you animal lovers can deal with that while I watch:

popcorn.gif

Well, perhaps.

If I were to believe in a heaven, my idea was always a personal one. Like being in a place you love with the ones you love, pets included...or I sometimes imagine it as being like Rivendell from Middle Earth...now I'm rambling.

Of course the afterlife is really unimaginable to me because It seems so big and unfathomable, all those souls in one location (perhaps) and even more so, it seems horrific if I'm to spend eternity bowing down and worshiping someone (can you imagine the back pain?!)...still, you all know as much about the afterlife as I do - Nothing; so all we can do is speculate and argue because we all come from different faiths with different doctrines and rules and claims of validity...

On a side note: I saw two dogs rip the stomach off another dog once and that left me in tears as a kid. Now you can say it's a natural animal instinct and that you've trained your Pogo or Benjie to be a 'good boy' but there's no denying that dogs are, by nature, vicious little beasts - If you want to test the validity of this, stick your hand near your dogs mouth when it's next enjoying a big fat chunk of meat, I can tell you it wont stop to lick it...it may bite it though. So then you've a moral argument that comes in about dogs possessing such morals which I don't care for, you animal lovers can deal with that while I watch:

popcorn.gif

Anyone could do this with every dog I shared my life with.....

What you are talking about is food aggression, and no, not all dogs have that. Most do not actually.

• Like 3

I can take meat from my dog or just tell her to leave it.

Well, perhaps.

popcorn.gif

You must live a sheltered life if you don't think humans don't do the same kind of thing but on a much grandeur scale.

• Like 1

I have had many dogs in my life from childhood to now and known many many more through family and friends. I would number the dogs I've known and played with (mine and others) in the hundreds. Only ONE dog was a biter - my little Coco the pomeranian god rest his soul. The thing is he was feisty but not mean, he would nip at you if he saw you arguing with another family member. He just did not like fights and would stand in between growling his little lungs out, then barking and if you still persisted in talking angrily to the other person, finally you would cop an ankle nip - didn't hurt much but it sure got your attention and usually broke the argument as we'd all just fall about laughing at how cute he was to be so concerned at our raised voices.

So like Darkwind, I think those who have not allowed themselves the pleasure to play with and know animals are living a very sheltered life.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 5

You must live a sheltered life if you don't think humans don't do the same kind of thing but on a much grandeur scale.

You couldn't have gotten me anymore wrong.

Sheltered... <_<

How about this?

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Rev. 21:1

Since the first earth was created with animals, why not the second as well?

• Like 2

I hope so AND I think so. I often have dreams about love birds and I used to breed them, so unfortunately, yet inevitability, there were casualties. I hope to meet all my dead pets when I die that would be amazing. I also hope god gives me a horse even though I never had one in this life. I hope its white and can fly, and all my little birdies would follow me as I gallop through the sky! :-D

How about this?

Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Rev. 21:1

Since the first earth was created with animals, why not the second as well?

Got a good point there Mr. I would say - hell yeah heaven has animals! They are tooooo beautiful not to include!

• Like 1

Yes, yes they do! I have never seen a human spirit but I have seen spirits of pets. The first time I was about 5 years old. Didn't even scrare me. I did a post on this a while back. But I when I was 5 my dog had been gone for just a short time. I was walking down a hallway and my dog went past me going the other way. I was so used to him being in the house, I just moved over and gave him room to pass. I proceeded down the hall five or six steps when I remembered.... turned and of course, he was gone. I have never forgotten that.

So, I believe, if they have spirits that come back and touch us, they go to heaven. They are in fact some of God's best creations, a lot better than some of the human beasts they have to put up with.

• Like 2

Got a good point there Mr. I would say - hell yeah heaven has animals! They are tooooo beautiful not to include!

wouldnt there just be animals on the new earth and not in heaven. i say this while secretly hoping that my dogs go to heaven

I'm not sure whether I do believe in Heaven as such, (I know the OP said don't just say 'There is no heaven', but that's not what I mean), I do perhaps think there might be something in the idea of reincarnation as regards the Afterlife, but one definition of Heaven I've seen is that it's 'joining with God', so that all of creation* becomes part of the universal spirit, or however one wants to define God, and of course animal spirits, along with all of the natural world, would become part of that too. Which need not be incompatible with reincarnation either really, but that's another theory for another time.

* taking 'Creation' as a general description for everything, not that I necessarily believe the literal idea of God creating the earth, N.B.

• Like 1

Since everything is a creation and manifestation of the One Creative Energy (popularely known as God)

it is very clear to me that animals have a soul too - and are going to heaven.

And, as someone already mentioned, we are animals too.

So, if we go, they go ! :yes:

• Like 1