Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Stupid Things You've Done

Miss Shadows

*snip*

It would have been perfectly placed if it were a cherry. Luckily the customer didnt notice, I kinda just flicked it off and handed it to them anyway.

That was funny. :w00t:

• Like 2

Turned all the furniture in a house upside down and replaced all the photo's with a really goofy one of myself...then my sister caught me...it was her house.

Pop-shoved-it off a ledge to big for me as a kid on a skateboard and took the nose right to my bouncy balls (to put it mildly), it was like p***ing glass for a week.

I once found a box of matches. As I was walking past a factory, mindlessly striking them an tossing them away, I failed to notice they were all landing on the dry dead grass around said factory (it was also a hot summers day) and only realized my (hilarious) idiocy when I came back past the factory and witnessed about 10 gruff factory workers battering three foot high flames with spades in a feeble attempt to put it out...oh how I laughed.

Convinced myself I loved a girl when I was sixteen...just no.

I once took a Valium (trouble sleeping) at night and woke up in a laundry basket but ******* hell it was comfy, even if everyone was wondering where the hell I went.

Serious one for srys'ness: Left all friends behind and went it alone although months later most of them sorta' weened their way back. Felt good at the time but I felt like a **** all the same.

Non serious: Sneaked into a farmers field to pick spuds (welcome to Ireland) and got shot in the **** and back by a hot rice gun by culchies (Rednecks to you Americaners).

Edited by Sean93

Another is my friends and I were walking in the woods so I ran ahead and darted around to scare one of the girls, she had an oak walking stick. I never thought she was the type of person to swing, well I popped up behind and grabbed her shoulder and smack. Out Cold. Next school year she tried out for field hockey and did quite well.

• Like 3

I once lit my entire back yard on fire, one dry summer, when I shot a flaming arrow and missed the target. It hit the dry grass in the back of my yard, when I saw that it lit the grass on fire I ran to the other side of the fence to stop the fire from spreading to the woods behind my yard. By the time I stopped the fire from getting into the woods it was half way to the house, and by the time I got to the hose and put it out it was about 5 feet from the house. The fire didn't get very high and I think it would have went out when it got to the house, but I was not going to take any chances.

The irony is my house burnt down 5 years later (may have been my fault).

• Like 1

This takes the biscuit for sheer stupidity...

Instead of going down a water slide I actually clambered up it.

You could say it was a bit of apprehension after the first time.

Because I honestly felt I was going to drown when the water and foam got in my mouth.

But as soon as I got over my fears the second plunge wasn't actually that daunting.

Tbh I think that knock to my head was affecting my judgment.

This incident happened at the Sandcastle for my sins.

Don't quite know how to take that!s9399.gif

Auh shucks ealdwita! Didn't mean it badly, just if you're a train, I really wouldn't want to be standing on the tracks, even if you saw me! :w00t:

God asked me about what type of brain I wanted? I thought he said pain, and said no thanks lol :P

Hey BM, they say pain is only felt becuase the brain tells us to, but let's face it, only men don't give birth! :yes:

• Like 1

I bought some tech stocks before the dot-com crash in 2000.

I also accidently brought the computer system down at work for half a day and didn't tell anyone. :whistle:

There's plenty more stupid where that came from. I'm just getting started.

• Like 1

One time I parked my car with the engine running, only to have my car suddenly go backwards right after I got out of my car. I accidently left it in reverse!

Fortunately I was able to jump back in my car and slam on the brakes before the car hit anything.

Man, was I lucky!

• Like 2

My stupid point is girls. First crush to a girl that lived over 500km away, I was 14 back then and digging up a map to drive there lol. Then, developing a crush on a girl in WoW (yes the game) and still haven't gotten rid of her, always will be my friend and vice versa, but on some deeper level I got caught up with her and didn't realise it for the last four years or so, and that's a good part of why I've been unsuccesful with girls despite all the odds... it takes only one scorpio to change a light bulb but a hundred of them to let go of it. My dear pulp!!

forgot, the irony in this is I deserve every bad stuff that'll happen to me with girls, since I ignored one who had a crush on me for the whole time in the compulsory school. I wasn't cold in particular, but young, stupid and spoiled in that area so... but it's good to laugh at yourself even if you do the kind of **** I did. I also did drugs but that was smarter, even though that was bad too. A prime example of how you can still be a stand-up guy after all that.

Edited by Mikko-kun
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Turned all the furniture in a house upside down and replaced all the photo's with a really goofy one of myself...then my sister caught me...it was her house.

Pop-shoved-it off a ledge to big for me as a kid on a skateboard and took the nose right to my bouncy balls (to put it mildly), it was like p***ing glass for a week.

I once found a box of matches. As I was walking past a factory, mindlessly striking them an tossing them away, I failed to notice they were all landing on the dry dead grass around said factory (it was also a hot summers day) and only realized my (hilarious) idiocy when I came back past the factory and witnessed about 10 gruff factory workers battering three foot high flames with spades in a feeble attempt to put it out...oh how I laughed.

Convinced myself I loved a girl when I was sixteen...just no.

I once took a Valium (trouble sleeping) at night and woke up in a laundry basket but ******* hell it was comfy, even if everyone was wondering where the hell I went.

Serious one for srys'ness: Left all friends behind and went it alone although months later most of them sorta' weened their way back. Felt good at the time but I felt like a **** all the same.

Non serious: Sneaked into a farmers field to pick spuds (welcome to Ireland) and got shot in the **** and back by a hot rice gun by culchies (Rednecks to you Americaners).

Hey Sean! You just spawned a memory for me. I once visited a friend in the Hospital who was seriously ill, like suicidal.

I was young, very young about 17yrs old. She was given Valium to take and had been pretending to take them.

She gave me her stash.

I took a load of them when I left the Hospital to get the last bus home.

I was sitting on the pavement waiting for the bus, completly zoned out. Of course the bus came and left because I couldn't get off the pavement.

I often wonder how young kids survive youth. I was lucky, ... or something.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I married my third ,foruth & sixth husband.......

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I caught myself on fire.

• Like 1

Dropped the heavy end of a sledge hammer (from head height) on my toes as a dare when I was 13. Only to later find out that my friends brother was joking when he told me to do it.

Damn you jackass. (As well as my own stupidity).

• 2 weeks later...

I married my third ,foruth & sixth husband.......

Jesus, you must REALLY like wedding cake!

Most stupid thing I've done was getting into someones (private) car, thinking it was a taxi I had booked to take me home from my friends. The driver just looked at me, So I told him my address, Thinking "stupid taxi driver doesn't even know where I'm going". Was only when he stopped outside my house and I tried to pay him and he said "Erm, I'm not actually a taxi driver" that I realised. I wanted the ground to swallow me up. Suppose I was lucky I didn't get raped or murdered though. He was happy to get me home safely though and we did have a laugh about it. Unfortunately The real taxi driver banged on my friends door for payment, and as she didn't have any money, they blacklisted her address! Saved me a fiver though!

Edited by catfromhell
  • Like 1

This is so stupid my sister nearly punched me...

I decided to check out Lampeter on the way back home from Wales.I sorted out a route in my head which involved taking a shortcut from Tregaron to Devils Bridge using a B road to get to the A44 and hopefully civilisation.But when we got to Tregaron we took the first turn to the right due to the mistaken impression of mine that it was the B road.However the road we wanted was going northwards not eastwards.I honestly thought the B road was signposted even though it wasn't going to Devils Bridge.So as I said we went eastwards on this unclassified road.

You could be fooled by thinking it was a normal country lane at first but then it hit the Cambrian Mountains properly.So for the next fifteen miles while my sister was crying and shouting at me we had to put up with death defying drops and sheep.Because my sister was scared of heights in the first place I experienced one of the most uncomfortable journeys of my life.In normal circumstances I would have enjoyed it.She never even got into fourth and fifth gear it was that precarious.We will found out later if the gearbox itself has been smashed beyond repair in the MOT.We eventually got on the A483 not long after narrowly avoiding two lambs.Scary eh?

I claimed on my Facebook wall that I was a living,breathing GPS unit.You don't need Mythbusters to dispel that.I also learnt out later that it was called the Abergwesyn Pass one of the best driving roads in Europe.

Now I've got that off my chest I'm going for a pub crawl with my future workmates in Shaw.Btw one of my best Facebook buddies is going to be there after some gentle persuasion.Ciao.

Edited by G Donnelly

I don't know if this is the folly of youth but I was having a hissy fit.So here's me getting bored out of my skull frustrated that I'm not on the job I would have preferred.So I had of moments of inactivity because I was always on standby to receive the odd bit of work that came my way.I must have snapped at somebody because I left the place in a huff even though it was ages before anybody clocked off.

So as I was walking out of the factory gates I decided to go to Swindon.I didn't have a cash card or money so what choice did I have.I was embarrassed to go home so I continued until I got to Stockport where I had an aborted attempt at shoplifting where I escaped prosecution.That's despite my unkempt appearance.This experience didn't deter me so I still ploughed my lonely furrow.But as I got to the outskirts of Macclesfield I started having difficulty walking.So I hobbled along then when I got to Macclesfield I decided enough is enough.This moment of madness wasn't acheiving anything so I handed myself to the cop shop.So while I was getting processed this lady of the night asked if I was a soldier.No charges were brought so all that needed to be done was ring for a taxi which I paid at the other end.

I was extremely lucky not to lose my job the next day.Since that day I scarpered to Macclesfield I think somebody from up above has been looking out for me.And me getting the job at 4D is the culmination of my good fortune.But I wouldn't dare do anything that inmature and stupid again.

Edited by G Donnelly

• 1 month later...

As a kid - my brother dared me to pick up a Blue Bottle by its stinger. So I did, and it was painful.

As a teenager - I set a garbage bin on fire that was literally around the block from the fire department, just to time how long it would be before the fire truck arrived. It was about 20 minutes.

As an adult - too many to list, all a result of alcohol or similar mind altering substances.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Hmm... I have a few.

My personal favorite is when I was walking across a room I tripped over a chair. Ok not that stupid until you realize by trip, I mean I brought my leg up to seat height and tried to step on it. :hmm: Not only that but I turned around and realized it was a chair but apparantly it didn't register and said, smiling, thank you. So I stapled my paper, my real mission, and turned around to everybody staring at me, mouths opened. That's when I realized what happened and I said, "I just said thank you to the chair?" I laughed all the way to my chair.

The next stupid thing I did was have a whole argument in front of a higher education that my right was my left and my left was my right for fifteen minutes straight. And then I realized they were right.

Probably the stupidest thing was that there was this uber scary automatic stapler in the said room from story 2 that I had to use. Well this thing whenever it stapled sounded like a sledge hammer hitting metal every time it stapled and with all that force. It is so bad that it makes even the guys jump and scream like the girls. But back to the story, I walked up there to staple some papers when a brilliant thought entered my head, "I wonder what would happen if I stuck my finger under there and stapled my finger?" So stupid me decides to put my pinkie in there and just before it staples my finger I'm like, "Wait bad idea, get out of there pinkie." Luckily, no pinkies were harmed in the making of this event. :clap:

I've run into walls, licked a nine volt battery (my dad conned me into that one), and mimicked someone who later became a football player (broke three bones in my wrist)

Thought my fiance and I had a water bill at our new house, when, indeed, we own the water well!!!!

He still laughs at me about it ... Mind you, this was 2 months ago!

Oops! :whistle:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Called my dog back before realising he was being swooped by plovers.....

Dived of a bridge and swam 1000m through shark infested water to impress a girl only to realise I had left her 1000m away with someone else..

Drained the oil in the sump then drove off to buy oil...

• 5 weeks later...

Kidstuff....

#3 .. See who could get hurt the most.. by jumping off the roof

#2 .. Dart fights with my buddies .. in my parents home

#1 .. Pee'd on an Electric Fence

Adult stuff .... still compiling list

Edited by lightly

• 3 months later...

Ok, this happened to me when i was a little boy. We got some hard coal which needed to be broken into smaller pieces, and ofc that is done by an axe. As a noob :D i taken the axe and hit dam rock with full power just to see that axe rebounds back to me and missed my face by a 1cm max.

That could have been one of the most attractive suicides in the world but it was nice experience :D Think first then act.