Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Juan of the Dead

Simbi Laveau

This movie,is the first movie in Cuban history ,to *not* be about Cuban revolutionaries . It also has special effects not deemed possible ,given the local climate towards movie making .

No money,no materials etc .

Even with all that against it ,it got made ,and it is VERY amusing .

You could call it the Cuban version of Shaun of the Dead,but it is a bit different .

I like it a lot . As much as Shaun even.

The dialog is hysterical .The lead character pays homage to Bruce Lee ,at least three times during th movie (including whacking zombies with nunchaku ! :D )

I highly recommend it ,especially if you like the more humourous type of zombie flick .

http://www.awardsdaily.com/blog/2011/07/08/cubas-first-horror-film-juan-of-the-dead/

The scenes from these two trailers,are not in the film btw. They're complete camp ,to compliment the film .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 2

great movie! I've always been a fool for zombie flicks, and this one is really fun to watch. One league with Shaun of the dead or Return of the living dead.....:)

• Like 1

great movie! I've always been a fool for zombie flicks, and this one is really fun to watch. One league with Shaun of the dead or Return of the living dead.....:)

I wish this troupe would do more movies together . I loved Juan and his buddy ,and the director is so cool.

The HUGE guy .The one who can't see blood ,they found him on the street .....

They saw him and said...YYOUUU ARE THIS CHARACTER ! and hired him ,and he was awesome !

• Like 1

yeah, they should become the cuban Frost/Pegg! :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

own it, loved it. lots of funny scenes and very lovable characters.